Mets fans?

Another Fan

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

And their latest mess (GM-by-committee) was on full display this weekend:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/david-lennon/yankees-mets-subway-series-1.20052776

One of my favorite lines at work is "Do you know what a camel is? - It's a horse that was designed by committee."

I don't have a strong opinion on the Familia trade and I hope it turns out well, but it looks like what they did attempted to serve different masters:

Wilpons: not eating any of Familia's contract

Minaya: adding international signing pool money

Not sure who part I: adding a pitcher who is near major league ready

Not sure who part II: adding a development prospect.

Thanks for the share. It’s a mess right now, and I’m really hoping we are able to secure some new upcoming GM that wants to get his feet wet and is willing to take on the burden of being in the #1 sports market and toughest place to succeed in. 

I like at the end how they state Minaya should just scout and secure talent under whatever title they seem fit because I think that is where he is best. Just do not allow him to make trades ?

I would like to know why Wahl pitched in just 13 games in all of 2017.He's 26 with a 5 yr minor league history.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Biggest takeaway, for me, is the confirmation of Callaway's ineptitude.  I really hope he's not back next year.

Only fans that put ketchup on their hot dogs would give Callaway another chance.I could spend 30 minutes writing a post about how he cost us games...it's almost laughable.

converted to watching the Mets the rest of the season

Ron and Keith are the best announcing team easily in MLB

and i can watch Bautista and Reyes play out the last sad dregs of their career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

converted to watching the Mets the rest of the season

Ron and Keith are the best announcing team easily in MLB

and i can watch Bautista and Reyes play out the last sad dregs of their career.

I would like to see McNeil.start at third tonight,it can't hurt.Just a quick FYI about him...he didn't play high school baseball.

Another reason to watch....tonight will most likely be the end of Wheeler's career with us.

52 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I would like to see McNeil.start at third tonight,it can't hurt.Just a quick FYI about him...he didn't play high school baseball.

Another reason to watch....tonight will most likely be the end of Wheeler's career with us.

thanks!

good matchup with the Padres

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

If it is he went out in style and boosted his trade value.

I always want to hoard starting pitching, it took me a long time to give up on Harvey. Before tonight I was already against trading Wheeler based on his performance this year (Matz too).

Not sure what Wheeler could bring back, but ever since we traded Beltran for Wheeler in 2011 we've been waiting for him to pitch well. Now that he's doing that is it best to cut and run? Would we be trading him at his peak or will he be the next Murphy/Turner? I certainly don't know, but I'm still in favor of rolling with Jake/Noah/Matz/Wheeler for another year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I always want to hoard starting pitching, it took me a long time to give up on Harvey. Before tonight I was already against trading Wheeler based on his performance this year (Matz too).

Not sure what Wheeler could bring back, but ever since we traded Beltran for Wheeler in 2011 we've been waiting for him to pitch well. Now that he's doing that is it best to cut and run? Would we be trading him at his peak or will he be the next Murphy/Turner? I certainly don't know, but I'm still in favor of rolling with Jake/Noah/Matz/Wheeler for another year.

I'm with you, brother.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

With the trio (Collins not included)we have acting as a GM right now,who really knows what will happen? It just might take one loose tire to stop the wheels from moving.I will say the group acted with some intelligence when they refused a Braves offer for Familia...the pot is too rich for a Wheeler move not to get done.He 's going to cost money next year...if the FO wanted a long term deal done..it would have been done,imo.

Cespedes has turned my favorite pro team into his own milking cow,much like Wright is doing and has done.What's next for him...getting a third opinion for from a acupuncturist? By the way,that insurance policy the Wilpons took out on Wright only covers 70 % of his current contract. It's no wonder why the organization is selling.Also,i hope Bruce is enjoying changing his three month old baby's shitt y diapers for the 10 million he's making this year. The players these days ,for the most part,are to pusified and catered too. 

Quite the play with the 4th out, I thought on a replay reversal there is discretion to put the runner back at second

keith and Ron weren’t keen on the 4th out counting for a few reasons

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Quite the play with the 4th out, I thought on a replay reversal there is discretion to put the runner back at second

keith and Ron weren’t keen on the 4th out counting for a few reasons

I think it was a bad call.  I certainly don't fault the runner.  I also thought the play at home was a lot closer than it originally seemed.  I was actually wondering whether they were going to uphold it.

I really don't want to start another thread, but I wanted to discuss the "Gary Sanchez topic," with you guys.  Boone screwed the pooch on this one, IMO.  Instead of holding him accountable for his laziness, he put him on the DL.  No discipline; just excuses.

On the flip side, I came across this article on ESPN this morning:  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24185050/trea-turner-washington-nationals-shortstop-not-lineup-angering-dave-martinez

Dave Martinez benched Trea Turner for being lazy.  Dave Martinez spoke to the media like they were NOT all morons.  Dave Martinez made no excuses for his player.

Martinez is a manager.  Boone is a bean-counter.  Gerardi would have ripped Sanchez a new assshole.  And Gerardi would also have this NYY team a lot closer than 6 games out.

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah development isn’t always swift!  I think similar to Murphy though he might finally be getting it so to speak.  Starting pitching wasn’t the issue this year so I agree with you.  

Red Sox just traded a 25 year old Triple-A southpaw for Nathan Eovaldi whose numbers this year look pretty similar to Wheeler's:

Eovaldi/Wheeler

Games started: 10/19

ERA: 4.26/4.33

WHIP: .982/1.303

IP: 57/114

Strikeouts: 53/109

Walks: 8/41

Hits: 48/108

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I really don't want to start another thread, but I wanted to discuss the "Gary Sanchez topic," with you guys.  Boone screwed the pooch on this one, IMO.  Instead of holding him accountable for his laziness, he put him on the DL.  No discipline; just excuses.

On the flip side, I came across this article on ESPN this morning:  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24185050/trea-turner-washington-nationals-shortstop-not-lineup-angering-dave-martinez

Dave Martinez benched Trea Turner for being lazy.  Dave Martinez spoke to the media like they were NOT all morons.  Dave Martinez made no excuses for his player.

Martinez is a manager.  Boone is a bean-counter.  Gerardi would have ripped Sanchez a new assshole.  And Gerardi would also have this NYY team a lot closer than 6 games out.

I think you're right about Girardi. I had heard he was tough on Sanchez to begin with since they are both catchers.

Strange thing about Sanchez/Boone was the two lazy plays happened in the 1st and 9th innings. They were both pretty bad, but I thought the 1st was worse. And if he WAS hurt, Boone could've pulled him after the 1st.