Mets fans?

Another Fan

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

In all likelihood (but conceding nothing) this season is already over for the Mutts.

So why is it that I've been dying to see the team play since Sunday night? 

Lets Go Mets!

I felt the same way today...but the I reminded myself it could be mid December,that's when I really get "Jonesy"

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

In all likelihood (but conceding nothing) this season is already over for the Mutts.

So why is it that I've been dying to see the team play since Sunday night? 

Lets Go Mets!

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I felt the same way today...but the I reminded myself it could be mid December,that's when I really get "Jonesy"

I've definitely missed watching the games.  It's been a nice 4-day not losing streak, but I'm ready for some ball.

Callaway should have taken the bullet for Roessler.No excuse.

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

After being held out of a save situation, looks like Jeurys may be the first to go. Rumors are it's to the A's. 

It's just a matter of time now..seems like it's been a very long time since Oakland was a buyer.

5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

It's just a matter of time now..seems like it's been a very long time since Oakland was a buyer.

67_E199_FE-7072-4_E5_B-91_AD-166_C0_D72_

Keith Law went hard at the Wilpons. I agree with everything he says and this trade just goes to show how bad they are as owners.

49 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

67_E199_FE-7072-4_E5_B-91_AD-166_C0_D72_

Keith Law went hard at the Wilpons. I agree with everything he says and this trade just goes to show how bad they are as owners.

I know nothing of Keith Law, but using the Familia trade as fodder to compare the Wilpons to McCourt is utterly ridiculous.

Nobody in the mainstream media thought Familia would bring back much of a return. Now that it didn't (assuming you believe that) MLB should take the team away from the owners?

Or is his point that the Wilpons/Mets are nearing bankruptcy and that had something to do with the deal?

Keith Law is the one who should be embarrassed.

BTW: I agree that the Wilpons are cheap owners and a bad fit for a big market team. But how that intersects with the Familia trade is beyond me.

7 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I don't understand where you're going with that. The hitting coach mouths off to the ump and the manager should get himself tossed? 

Seemed like the umps were a bit trigger happy today. My assumption is the Mets were chirping a lot last night and today. Two different umps tossed guys today. I wonder if the third base ump was behind the plate last night.

30 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I don't understand where you're going with that. The hitting coach mouths off to the ump and the manager should get himself tossed? 

Seemed like the umps were a bit trigger happy today. My assumption is the Mets were chirping a lot last night and today. Two different umps tossed guys today. I wonder if the third base ump was behind the plate last night.

The call on Reyes was horrible..low and off the plate.Callaway should have been on that from the second Roessler opened up his mouth.It's the blind leading the blind in that dugout. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guess who got the win in Oakland?

8 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I feel like I’m experiencing the whole Rex/whaley scenario all over again.. 

But who's our Whaley? We have four sharing the job right now. Keith Hernendez... "I don't know what's going on".

17 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Guess who got the win in Oakland?

But who's our Whaley? We have four sharing the job right now. Keith Hernendez... "I don't know what's going on".

Familia! They showed his arrival to the stadium on their Twitter. He was still using his Mets bag. 

58 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Familia! They showed his arrival to the stadium on their Twitter. He was still using his Mets bag. 

I don't know what to say anymore...it's blow after blow after blow. Sandy made the right decision to exit stage left since all of this turmoil would have drained him dry.

12 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I don't know what to say anymore...it's blow after blow after blow. Sandy made the right decision to exit stage left since all of this turmoil would have drained him dry.

Yeah, I can see that happening. It has to be a stressful job with a short shelf life, but that’s why they get paid the big bucks. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

And their latest mess (GM-by-committee) was on full display this weekend:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/david-lennon/yankees-mets-subway-series-1.20052776

One of my favorite lines at work is "Do you know what a camel is? - It's a horse that was designed by committee."

I don't have a strong opinion on the Familia trade and I hope it turns out well, but it looks like what they did attempted to serve different masters:

Wilpons: not eating any of Familia's contract

Minaya: adding international signing pool money

Not sure who part I: adding a pitcher who is near major league ready

Not sure who part II: adding a development prospect.