Mets fans?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Vargas needed that. His off speed stuff looked good tonight. 

1 hour ago, SmokinES3 said:

Vargas is still capable of being Vargas...Thank god...

1 minute ago, Bills4everNY said:

I'll second that!

Hopefully this is a turning point for him.  Mesoraco seems to call a nice game.  My only concern tonight was Mick using 6 pitchers, albeit other than Vargas, no one pitched more than 1.1 innings.  Nice to have a win streak going.  Gotta sweep these bums.

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Are you loving the Jim Beam outdoor "booth" as much as I am? Reminds me of the days when Murphy and Kiner called the games at Shea...hearing the jets coming out of left/center field ,is a awesome sound.Beam me up for a few "high- balls".

Yup, it totally reminds me of that. I also remember they used to stop the game when Jets would fly over. 

I was at work and when I saw them make those "high-balls" I was thinking to myself, I could drink both of those right now. 

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Hopefully this is a turning point for him.  Mesoraco seems to call a nice game.  My only concern tonight was Mick using 6 pitchers, albeit other than Vargas, no one pitched more than 1.1 innings.  Nice to have a win streak going.  Gotta sweep these bums.

I get that. I also have to remind myself that Vargas had basically no spring training, but getting a solid start like that out of your number 5 guy I'll take it 10 out of 10 times. We need Thor and DeGrom to be hitting 7 innings each outing like the elites do. 

I like Mesoraco already. He's got pop and calls a good game. Plus, he can play solid defense with throwing and blocking the balls in the dirt. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

I can't jump on Mick's arm decisions right now..he let noah go deep and the pen hasn't given up a run in the last 13 innings.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You don't see him at 3rd until Frazier gets back?

The braves just released  him. They have Flaherty over there and he isn't doing anything spectacular. It just seems odd they would release him when they have a need themselves. 

He currently is rocking .143 BA, I hope it works out but can't say I'm hopeful.   

Conforto is batting clean up against a leftie...Reyes at third.

30 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

The braves just released  him. They have Flaherty over there and he isn't doing anything spectacular. It just seems odd they would release him when they have a need themselves. 

He currently is rocking .143 BA, I hope it works out but can't say I'm hopeful.   

Holy crap,he's starting in left. Thanks for the awesome catch last night,nims.

Some thoughts on Bautista:

- he's a player I've disliked from afar for awhile. I only know what I've seen and heard from highlights and headlines but he seems like a jerk

- he did nothing with the Braves

- Flores has shown consistently that he is not an every day player. He crushes lefties but is a liability in the field.

- Bautista's redeeming qualities are that he bats right and plays LF and 3B and he used to be a power hitter

Conclusion: I'm worried about the Cespedes injury and to a lesser extent Frazier's. This looks like a low risk attempt to catch lightning in a bottle...with a low probability of success.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

- he's a player I've disliked from afar for awhile. I only know what I've seen and heard from highlights and headlines but he seems like a jerk

- Flores has shown consistently that he is not an every day player. He crushes lefties but is a liability in the field.

- Bautista's redeeming qualities are that he bats right and plays LF and 3B and he used to be a power hitter

Conclusion: I'm worried about the Cespedes injury and to a lesser extent Frazier's. This looks like a low risk attempt to catch lightning in a bottle...with a low probability of success.

Rock solid post,70's! In addition,I will punch a hole in my tv room wall if I see Reyes start another game at 3rd or short...he's done. If you recall,Evans played some innings in ST on that side of the infield..instead of keeping him on the roster,he's dumped back down so they can keep Reyes safe....not a chance in heck he wouldn't clear waivers. ..meaning there is no risk.

46 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Rock solid post,70's! In addition,I will punch a hole in my tv room wall if I see Reyes start another game at 3rd or short...he's done. If you recall,Evans played some innings in ST on that side of the infield..instead of keeping him on the roster,he's dumped back down so they can keep Reyes safe....not a chance in heck he wouldn't clear waivers. ..meaning there is no risk.

First off, thanks.

So I got back from the 6th grade concert tonight around 8 and saw a text from my friend complaining about Reyes and his .132 batting average. I shot him down asking how many at bats and making the point he's the 25th man and no more than an insurance policy for Rosario. 

Then I saw the game highlights and one of his two errors. He has never shown a feel for third base and they obviously have no trust in him in the outfield. And you're right about no risk clearing waivers. Plus they've started Guillorme over Reyes against righties. I owe my friend an apology.  

Edited by SinceThe70s

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I agree with most of what you've written.  But I think Wilmer SHOULD be an everyday player.  I think his fielding is good enough and, if allowed to play every day and get into a groove, I think he can be a good hitter.

I don't know the details, but I'm assuming Bautista comes on the cheap.  Anything helps at this point.

The elephant in the room is that the Mets have two good starters and a lot of crap after them.  Sandy can keep bringing in has-beens to try to score more runs, but they'll never keep up with the runs that starters 3-5 are going to give up.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

The elephant in the room is that the Mets have two good starters and a lot of crap after them.  Sandy can keep bringing in has-beens to try to score more runs, but they'll never keep up with the runs that starters 3-5 are going to give up.

If King Sandy decides to make a deal before the deadline,I pray to God he doesn't include Peter Alonso in a package.

54 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

If King Sandy decides to make a deal before the deadline,I pray to God he doesn't include Peter Alonso in a package.

I seriously doubt he'd do that.  I read recently that they plan on playing Dominic Smith in the outfield a few times a week. Speculation was to make room for Alonso at first. 

50 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I seriously doubt he'd do that.  I read recently that they plan on playing Dominic Smith in the outfield a few times a week. Speculation was to make room for Alonso at first. 

Interesting..that might be the reason why Smith lost some weight?