Buffalo Bill Schedule

corta765

The Buffalo Bills every year do a schedule challenge and in the past it was pretty cool where you literally picked every week who they played. Well this year thats not there which is no fun, it's just a question type thing.

So for anyone who felt like doing it anyway here is a forum to do it for fun.

Here is my prediction

1 Away @ Miami Dolphins Sunday 1pm

2 Home Denver Broncos Sunday 4pm (only because Denver is west coast team and early in season Bills do get a 4pm game sometimes with west coast teams)

3 Away @ New York Jets Sunday 1pm

4 Home New Orleans Saints Sunday 1pm

5 Home Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday 1pm

6 Away @ Cincinnati Bengals Thursday 8:30pm

7 BYE WEEK

8 Home Miami Dolphins Sunday 1pm

9 Away @ Atlanta Falcons Sunday 1pm

10 Home Indianapolis Colts Sunday 1pm

11 Away @ New England Patriots Sunday 1pm

12 Away @ Los Angeles Chargers Sunday 4pm

13 Home Oakland Raiders (Vegas? lol) Sunday 1pm

14 Away @ Carolina Panthers Sunday 1pm

15 Away @ Kansas City Chiefs Sunday 4pm

16 Home New York Jets Sunday 1pm

17 Home New England Patriots Sunday 1pm

I think the Bills will only get one night game this year with it being TNF in Cincy. On a previous forum I listed my reasons and rankings for TNF and why I think Cincy but with Rex gone and another 7-9 season I just don't see another night game. The Bills haven't played the Dolphins week 1 since 2010 and during that time we have played the Jets and Patriots so I think we finally see Miami again and because we hosted in 2010 we go there this season. Same for the Patriots at home to end the season. We haven't hosted NE at home in years to end the season but have gone there and finished with other division rivals so I see that.

The only prediction I would make on the season would be the first 6 games I could see the Bills start 4-2. From there pure hell and don't be surprised if we do get some hellacious middle part with away games, that tends to happen in previous season.

Edited by corta765

Ouch that's a rough stretch weeks 9-15. One home game out 7?

Colts game is home. It didnt copy right

But don't be completely surprised if something like that happens. In 2015 Buffalo was on the road 5 of 6 weeks weeks 10-15.

Edited by corta765

The Pats have Atlanta as a home game this year. (Funny how that worked out.) I guess it's pretty much a given the Thursday season opener would be that matchup.

Yea I would be stunned if that isn't opener. Honestly though I think it is kinda BS though that the losing team opens on the road. It's tough enough with everything you just went through and just feel it should be a different game later in year. Plus in this years DEN CAR game it felt like the DEN D was intentionally trying to hit Newton out with head shots.

The Pats have Atlanta as a home game this year. (Funny how that worked out.) I guess it's pretty much a given the Thursday season opener would be that matchup.

I'm actually expecting them to go a different route since they went the "rematch" route this past season.

I may be of a minority when it comes to scheduling, but I like high profile games against playoff caliber opponents.

Why would I want to watch games against bottom feeders? to give myself false expectations?

Good opposition makes for a more exciting season in my humble opinion.

Its all about the quality of matchups...

Random Google search info, not sure if it's accurate The NFL schedule for 2017-2018 will be released April 13th 2017 at 8 PM EST with the schedule release show on NFL Network.

Can we please have a nice home, away, home, away schedule this year and not some crap 4 or 5 weeks away from home stretch.

Edited by driddles

corta

2 Home Denver Broncos Sunday 4pm (only because Denver is west coast team and early in season Bills do get a 4pm game sometimes with west coast teams)

I don't see why the NFL schedule makers would "accommodate" Mountain or West coast teams and give them a 4PM slot.

They don't start games at 10AM when the Bills go to the west coast.

The only reason any 4pm games stick in my memory are the times they played the JETS or the Falcons in TO.

I always wondered why I needed to wait until 4PM to watch 2 east coast teams. I don't like it when those games ruin my dinner.

A home and away with AFCE teams to start the season and a home and away with AFCE teams to end the season.

I don't see why the NFL schedule makers would "accommodate" Mountain or West coast teams and give them a 4PM slot.

The only reason any 4pm games stick in my memory are the times they played the JETS or the Falcons in TO.

I always wondered why I needed to wait until 4PM to watch 2 east coast teams. I don't like it when those games ruin my dinner.

A home and away with AFCE teams to start the season and a home and away with AFCE teams to end the season.

Because 4pm here on the East Coast is only 1PM out on the West Coast.

Any earlier would make it unfair ...

Already said but because for Den or Oak even the time difference is significant. Granted the last time OAK came here the game was at 1pm, but now that they are better I doubt they do that audience wise.

Few other things:

-Bills played at 4pm in 2015 when we went to Miami, NYJ in 2013, and it is not a 100% uncommon especially on the road early in the season for a late game.

-The NFL does not care about your dinner, they will put the game on at 4pm if it can be a strong draw for TV and the 4pm slot is typically for hyped games. When Bills Jets played week 3 in 2013 at 4 it was partially due to EJ vs Geno and I even remember the broadcast saying this could be the first of many games between these two young stars lol

-Typically the Bills request all home games minus MNF or TNF to be at 1pm for out of Buffalo fans in Southern tier, Rochester and Canada. They also usually prefer more games early in season for this reason and this has been stated numerous times by Russ Brandon. That said IF (when?) the Bills do get good again they will play at 4 pm a little more often because typically the top teams are put in that spot for TV draw reasons. It's why DAL, NE, GB, & PIT feel like they always play at 4, favored TV matchups by networks.

-I am not sure if you are predicting AFCE 2 games to start and finish or saying it will happen, but especially to start the season BUF usually gets 1 AFCE game and then non division. First 2 to Start season 2016- BAL-NYJ, 2015 IND-NE, 2014 CHI-MIA, 2013 NE-CAR, 2012 NYJ-KC, 2011 KC-OAK, 2010 MIA-GB. Last 2 to finish season 2016: MIA-NYJ, 2015 DAL-NYJ, 2014 OAK-NE, 2013 MIA-NE, 2012 MIA-NYJ, 2011 DEN-NE, 2010 NE-NYJ. So I would be stunned if BUF opens with 2 straight division foes, but its a 50/50 chance they finish with two.You can also see why I have us hosting NE to finish and @MIA to start just given neither has happened in a bit.

I should note some people are roster guru's, other's QB or cap space, mine just happens to be schedule. I know majority of rules, trends, and a little on the formula to an unhealthy level. But I love looking at the schedule once it comes out and basically plan my Fall off of it.

Edited by corta765

It's a reach, but would love to see Raiders at Bills for a MNF.

Them or the even Brees with the Saints would be a lot of fun. But very unlikely, Bills haven't hosted MNF since 2008 and apparently the stadiums age/infrastructure makes it very difficult to do night games with all the wiring etc.. from what reporters have said. Maybe since renovations things are better, but I think that the only home night games we will see are on Thursday for the time being unless the team starts winning.

Because 4pm here on the East Coast is only 1PM out on the West Coast.

Any earlier would make it unfair ...

I am well aware of the time difference.

My point is there shouldn't be any accommodations for west coast teams because games there cannot accommodate east coast teams.

--------

WRT dinner time. That was sarcasm.

The Buffalo Bills every year do a schedule challenge and in the past it was pretty cool where you literally picked every week who they played. Well this year thats not there which is no fun, it's just a question type thing.

Jesus, you had me at hello. Way to sell your thread.