Revive war memorial stadium and the rockpile

Howard

Listen Shirl I know what you is getting at and it just isn't gonna happen. You probably had your chance to ditch Howard at some point but youse too late now. Ans I ain't into bags your age. No offense. I'm sure you are real nice.

And I didn't come in here intending to start nothin. Your husband is a hot head who can't back nothin up which is how he might end up with eye holes in his neck. I'm gonna leave you alone but keep an eye on him.

Tell the truth, Did the dog get his name because they have the same breath?

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

(quote him)

Listen here you punk. My wife has been with me for 58 years and we have a son, a dog and a house that is paid for. We drive a 2008 malibu and have a condo in arizona. We live in south buffalo and we eat out three times a week. have you ever eaten out? And I dont mean rigging a vending machine to give you an extra package of cheese puffs, i'm talking about going out for a real dinner at Ponderosa or The ground round.

I bet you havent ever seen a real stadium built in the middle of a great city like the one Im talking about because you dont even have your own stadium. You have to share it like some school girl on the playground getting five minutes on the teeter tawter.

You make me upset and my doctor said even though i have the stamina of a 20 year old I should watch my anger. So most of the time i do gardening with shirly and water the lawn. Today is not one of those days though because your a pest like those slugs that in filtrate our begonias. So i usually just pour salt on them with the little packets we bring home from Teds. Im saving some packs just for you because i think youll melt and cuddel in to a ball when I see you.

The guys in this message list know who you are and Jets fans like you and Twitchy Mercurio (i call him twitchy because ever since I knocked his teeth in he has a weird shake in his right eye) are slugs. Noone can tell us we cant build a tall stadium. Not you or Twitchy or anyone.

H

(quote him)

Listen here you punk. My wife has been with me for 58 years and we have a son, a dog and a house that is paid for. We drive a 2008 malibu and have a condo in arizona. We live in south buffalo and we eat out three times a week. have you ever eaten out? And I dont mean rigging a vending machine to give you an extra package of cheese puffs, i'm talking about going out for a real dinner at Ponderosa or The ground round.

I bet you havent ever seen a real stadium built in the middle of a great city like the one Im talking about because you dont even have your own stadium. You have to share it like some school girl on the playground getting five minutes on the teeter tawter.

You make me upset and my doctor said even though i have the stamina of a 20 year old I should watch my anger. So most of the time i do gardening with shirly and water the lawn. Today is not one of those days though because your a pest like those slugs that in filtrate our begonias. So i usually just pour salt on them with the little packets we bring home from Teds. Im saving some packs just for you because i think youll melt and cuddel in to a ball when I see you.

The guys in this message list know who you are and Jets fans like you and Twitchy Mercurio (i call him twitchy because ever since I knocked his teeth in he has a weird shake in his right eye) are slugs. Noone can tell us we cant build a tall stadium. Not you or Twitchy or anyone.

H

<slow clap>

Dont let that grease monkey give you or Shirl any guff. You didnt watch your buddies in the USPS die for this creep.

(quote him)

H

Slow down Howeird. I don't got nothin against you until you start in with the lip and I definitely ain't got no designs on your girl I think she needs a break though. Think about it. You been married 58 years which means in the 58 years and a week since you met her in a bathroom stall she has been with you. She seems like a good woman who got around a little in her younger day. I don't think she has been nothin but loyal to ya but that is her body, not her mind. I can tell her mind wanders and you gotta get that under control.

Can yu even imagine the stress she has faced? Youse always ranting all the time, threatening people with no way to deliver. Scraping by on mailman money. She gots to name the dog after you because the breath is the same. Now you and the dog are old and when there is a puddle and a pile in the hall she don't know which Howard did what. That's a lot of stress.

I got some marriage advice for you. Let her get away for a weekend but not too far. That slum neighborhood uh yours must have some real winners in it. Let her hang out with the 47 year old kid that never left his mom's basement with the dungeons and dragons. Or maybe she can take up with that kid that always wears the helmet and still delivers your paper like he did since 1988. I don't know who but I know you must have a bunch of em up there. If youse play your cards right she will have a fling with someone that makes you look good. It will hurt at first but it'll end up relieving your stress. She ain't getting pregnant because she must had the menstrual pause by now. And listen to your doctor on the diet and stuff but the main thing is that you don't get worked up. Ain't no town like Buffalo putting up new stadiums. enjoy what you got.

That's cool! It's nice the funeral home gave the local kids jobs. When my grandmother died in 2003, my dad went to one of the funeral homes by St. Stans to get Mass cards in Polish, but the old Polish owners were gone, so he had to go to Kaisertown instead.

St. Stans sponsored my grandparents back in the 50's and they all used to go to church there as well. My grandparents eventually bought a house on Titus (off of Sycamore) back in the early 70's. I remember it was still a decent neighborhood in the late 70's/early 80's, then started going downhill. My uncle still lives there. We went over to pick him up last year and the neighborhood is similar to how you described the area around St. Stans. It's a shame to see the neighborhoods in those conditions. I grew up around the Seneca/Cazenovia area and that neighborhood keeps getting worse every time I go up to visit. The days of the homeowners actually living in their houses for the rest of their lives seem to be long gone within certain parts of the city as the new homeowners just rent it out to whoever has the cash.

I've heard St. Stanislaus is buying all the abandoned properties around the church with the hopes of sponsoring a new wave of Polish immigrants.

The weird thing about the old neighborhood is once you hit rock bottom and everyone leaves, it becomes ripe for rebirth. Some of the remaining houses are in decent shape and you can grab the adjacent empty lots and have a terrific yard. And since everyone is gone, I don't know if crime is a big issue any more.

It's great the Broadway Market is still going. It's certainly not the same market I grew up with (when I used to kick out winos from the stairwells and had to mop up their purple Maddog vomit) but some of the old butcher shops are there and new immigrants sell produce. If they can keep things going that market will be the engine that brings that neighborhood back.

I've heard St. Stanislaus is buying all the abandoned properties around the church with the hopes of sponsoring a new wave of Polish immigrants.

The weird thing about the old neighborhood is once you hit rock bottom and everyone leaves, it becomes ripe for rebirth. Some of the remaining houses are in decent shape and you can grab the adjacent empty lots and have a terrific yard. And since everyone is gone, I don't know if crime is a big issue any more.

It's great the Broadway Market is still going. It's certainly not the same market I grew up with (when I used to kick out winos from the stairwells and had to mop up their purple Maddog vomit) but some of the old butcher shops are there and new immigrants sell produce. If they can keep things going that market will be the engine that brings that neighborhood back.

That's good to hear that about St. Stans. Good question about the crime in the area. Hopefully that area goes through a rebirth.

I haven't been to the Broadway Market since the late 80's. I'd like to go back there on one of my trips back to WNY. Usually, I'll go to Redlinski's by the old Thurway Mall for kielbasa and pierogies.

I'd like to go to a Dyngus Day parade one of these years. I see friends of mine post pictures on Facebook, it looks like a good time.

I remember going to the Old Rock Pile with my father, he had season tickets. He once paid two kids to park in a driveway. Turns out it wasn't their driveway. After the game a very angry woman greeted us. Makes me laugh every time I think of it.

That is why my father always parked in the Armory. :thumbsup:

Damn! That must have been when those neighborhoods were still nice. Couldn't imagine doing that these days.

It's not so much that the neighborhoods were a lot better then, it is more that there was safety in numbers. Back in the 60's, I would not walk some of those streets if it was not a game day.

In Rochester, it is like the old Silver Stadium days. We would park a few blocks away for free and walk with other families to see a baseball game around sunset. We did not hang out there much after dark if there was no game. Those were the days of the Knot Hole season tickets for kids. On certain nights the kids were free with the pass, and general admission was a couple dollars for adults.

Went to school at City Honors, almost kiddie corner to the site of the Rockpile. For gym, we would go outside to use the basket ball courts over there. The Fruit Belt habitants would throw bottles amongst over things at us as we walked over to the park. Can't imagine what would happen with the drunken teens and twenty year olds.

Slow down Howeird. I don't got nothin against you until you start in with the lip and I definitely ain't got no designs on your girl I think she needs a break though. Think about it. You been married 58 years which means in the 58 years and a week since you met her in a bathroom stall she has been with you. She seems like a good woman who got around a little in her younger day. I don't think she has been nothin but loyal to ya but that is her body, not her mind. I can tell her mind wanders and you gotta get that under control.

Can yu even imagine the stress she has faced? Youse always ranting all the time, threatening people with no way to deliver. Scraping by on mailman money. She gots to name the dog after you because the breath is the same. Now you and the dog are old and when there is a puddle and a pile in the hall she don't know which Howard did what. That's a lot of stress.

I got some marriage advice for you. Let her get away for a weekend but not too far. That slum neighborhood uh yours must have some real winners in it. Let her hang out with the 47 year old kid that never left his mom's basement with the dungeons and dragons. Or maybe she can take up with that kid that always wears the helmet and still delivers your paper like he did since 1988. I don't know who but I know you must have a bunch of em up there. If youse play your cards right she will have a fling with someone that makes you look good. It will hurt at first but it'll end up relieving your stress. She ain't getting pregnant because she must had the menstrual pause by now. And listen to your doctor on the diet and stuff but the main thing is that you don't get worked up. Ain't no town like Buffalo putting up new stadiums. enjoy what you got.

(quote him)

you talk a big talk and Shirl told me to block you but I have delt with wise guys like you all my life. And as far as bathroom stalls go you should know about them. I remember how telephone numbers in the postal service latreen had names of Jill, Betsy and a James. That must have been you Spagnolo.

We're building a new stadium right on top of the old rockpile and this one will be called Spagnolo Stadium becAuse you have a rockpile brain.

Your really a mean young person and i hope there are some better young people out there to care for our greatest generation.