If you owned the Bills would you acknowledge O.J. Simpson?

To be fair, this isn't applying new societal standards to folks of a different era. That discussion I buy as a tough area. Wiping a guy off a corporate achievement list because he was arrested a bunch and killed a few people after retirement isn't near as radical

two key word, achievement and after.

He still had the great effort running the ball in NFl history. Canton knows this, the world knows this and nothing will ever change it. If the HOF can keep his bust up than we can keep his name up and even on the new stadium. Social media and msm will eat us alive, but that's what the msm does. Asking survive on the loopholes of media coverage ignoring certain issues, but I do that care. The msm is awful

I wonder what teams like the Titans did when their kicker drove drunk and died.

I'm not convinced, fwiw, that Simpson is mentally all there. I would bet he has issues

Edited by Boyst62

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps when the new stadium is built, for the new Ring of Fame they could put '32' up but not put the name that goes with it. It allows the football accomplishments to be acknowledged while not honoring the person.

Which seems to be what the Bills have tried to do since that fateful summer day.

Many high profile athletes like it or not can become role models for teenagers/younger generation and for that reason star athletes in the sports world should be held to a higher standard during and after their career is over in my humble opinion.

I like this idea Taro :thumbsup:

Edited by Figster

OJ was never really a Buffalo guy anyways. Even before the murders, i never really heard of him giving the Bills or the area much love, never heard of him coming back here, or wanting to come back here to participate in any team alumni oriented things. Great runner, one of, if not the most talented player weve ever had, but screw em.

two key word, achievement and after.

He still had the great effort running the ball in NFl history. Canton knows this, the world knows this and nothing will ever change it. If the HOF can keep his bust up than we can keep his name up and even on the new stadium. Social media and msm will eat us alive, but that's what the msm does. Asking survive on the loopholes of media coverage ignoring certain issues, but I do that care. The msm is awful

I wonder what teams like the Titans did when their kicker drove drunk and died.

I'm not convinced, fwiw, that Simpson is mentally all there. I would bet he has issues

When it comes down to it- I don't care if a company decides not to showcase a dude with that kind of resume. Id likewise think it's weird to see someone widely known to have his resume to be up on the wall of the local office as employee of the year.

That's a pretty basic take but most arguing on his behalf here don't have the cashiers jersey so they don't get mixed up in identifying with them when the award naturally comes down

i bet he'd be a bflo guy now

I think O J would create allot of commotion at a Bills football game,

but would receive a warm welcome for the most part IMO.

I'm not sure you would want to test that theory though...

I think O J would create allot of commotion at a Bills football game,

but would receive a warm welcome for the most part IMO.

I'm not sure you would want to test that theory though...

...maybe Brandon can set up a "Parole Day Celebration" to sell tickets......maybe Ron Goldman sits in Pegula's box...............

don't be giving Russ any ideas OldTimer...

The juice is loose!!!

....was thinkin' free admission if dressed in prison stripes.... :thumbsup:....autographed pic of Cato for the first 73,000 customers......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I'd put his name in sparkles and neon lights. He stood for the national anthem! Woo!

Why do we change history to the modern perspective. I'm sorry, anyone wanting to remove his name is a snowflake and what is wrong with our culture. They are held back by previous events and fascinated to view things retroactively.

CONVICTED FELONS DO NOT DESERVE TO BE RECOGNIZED AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE POS THAT THEY ARE...