GOP gerrymandering paralyzing Republican party

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful what you look for. Can you actually believe that a male might have had a part in this? Damn, I thought I was done with putting up with pms.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3213842/robot-has-her-first-period-in-scientific-feat-which-will-bring-machines-even-closer-to-humanity/

A ROBOT has had its first period in an incredible scientific feat which brings us a step closer to creating robots in our own image.

Scientists at Northwestern University used human cells to recreate a female reproductive system in a box.

They even put it in a box!

Did they first cut a hole in the box?

Yikes. So bad.

As insulting rebukes go, it didn't even make any sense.

I'm a fan of using a blind computer model to do it, in theory it should remove certain biases and make areas more competitive politically speaking.

me thinks you need to brushen up and get to know your local reps and others in your area.

Your thinking is obtuse or stupid. You pick.

you going from 1 to c. That's all me. I do that. You copycst

no way ho-zay ive been doing that forever on message boards

its not all that complicated of a meme. its possible we both came up with it coincidentally

and here i thought you were talking about the retardered comment

Gerrymandering is always evil in the eyes of the weaker party at that exact moment.

I remember all the whining stories about the Dem doing it during the 70s and 80.s

Of course, back then the left told us gerrymandering was right and just so we could ensure enough Dem black districts.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST: Left’s Talking Point On Gerrymandering Put To Rest.

During the second half of the Obama era, it became an article of faith among many Democrats that Republicans had essentially stolen the House of Representatives and polarized the government by nefariously redrawing district lines in their party’s favor. But it was always clear to impartial observers that the impact of gerrymandering had been greatly exaggerated, and that demographic changes in the distribution of the population played a far greater role.

A new analysis from the nonpartisan Cook Political Report confirms this: “As it turns out, gerrymandering wasn’t as much of a factor in the House’s polarization as some redistricting reform advocates might argue. Of the 92 “Swing Seats” that have vanished since 1997, 83 percent of the decline has resulted from natural geographic sorting of the electorate from election to election, while only 17 percent of the decline has resulted from changes to district boundaries.” . . .

But however comforting it might be to imagine that Congressional polarization is the result of reversible partisan machinations, the fact is that it has much more to do with broad-based geographical sorting.
Democrats trying to break out of their “built-in” disadvantage in the House and state legislatures should spend less time railing against gerrymandering and more time trying to reach voters outside of their dense, hyper-sorted urban strongholds.

Hey, toward the end of the campaign, Hillary had a “rural outreach” person at her Brooklyn headquarters.

with all due respect to that well written article, it sounds to me like hes clearly expressing an opinion that drastically skews his overall message

after setting his premise in paragraph one regarding the invalidity of the 'liberal' idea that gerrymandering is harming the functioning of the legislature, he immediately contradicts himself in the second paragraph by pointing out the the 17% swing gerrymandering is 'too much'

hell the fk yeah 17% is too much! that would swing the majority of high level elections, congressional seats included. he blows by it like its slightly too much when its actually way the fk over the line of too much

and when we look at why the fk its what the hell over the line its bc of this crazy intentionally manipulative misrepresentation of the electorate for political reasons, it should actually be illegal. but guess who makes the laws governing that behavior?

so no, im not a liberal, i complained about it when the dems did it, now im disgusted that the republicans have upped that ante and turned it into a black art, no offense to my negroes

one word: computer generated districts

CuAmHp9XYAAW9fJ.jpg

Edited by Meathead