Why did Doug Marrone dislike WR Mike Williams?

What was the deal? The year he was benched he caught a 90 yard touchdown at Houston. I understand he was not an all pro player, but he contributed. Was it an attitude issue? Was he hurt? Did St. Doug abuse his power? I thought he was an ok player like the first run with Percy Harvin. We just didnt see enough of him to give a fair verdict.

Mike Williams played for Marrone at Syracuse. Following a pretty good Sophomore year, Williams was suspended for a year for academic reasons. Facinga suspension for disciplinary reasons as a senior, Williams quit the team.

Apparently Marrone never forgave him for quitting and Whaley signing him was a slap in the face to St Doug.

I first thought this was about the potential draft pick and wr from Clemson, then I remembered the Cuse guy, and then I remembered the tackle from Texas.

Please lets just stay away from the name Mike Williams

Before opening this thread, I thought Marrone had said something bad about the new Mike Williams, WR (going off of the thread title and thinking of current players). There's just too many Mike Williams!

Ha! same thoughts here

I am not providing any pictures. I am a male aged 35. lol

We can't believe this ... or that you were in bed thinking about the Bills ... without pics.

No big deal.

I liked Bryce, too. Wanted my son's middle name to be Bryce after him.

That didn't happen.

Liar.

What was the deal? The year he was benched he caught a 90 yard touchdown at Houston. I understand he was not an all pro player, but he contributed. Was it an attitude issue? Was he hurt? Did St. Doug abuse his power? I thought he was an ok player like the first run with Percy Harvin. We just didnt see enough of him to give a fair verdict.

He wasn't very good?