Clayton Quick Hits

JoeF

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am just fine with letting Travis ride the damn bench this year rather then giving him up for a 7th rounder......

He wants to screw us.....screw him right back.  Lets see what his worth is after sitting on the bench for 2 years

257692[/snapback]

John, the Bills could save approx. 1,25 million by cutting his dumb, disloyal ass. This could help us get a much needed OG, etc.

Travis for Shelton (straight up) was a pipe dream anyway.

Now, perhaps a few more posters can see what a stupid scumbag this guy is.

Watch, his career is all but over.

I personally am just fine with letting Travis ride the damn bench this year rather then giving him up for a 7th rounder......

He wants to screw us.....screw him right back.  Lets see what his worth is after sitting on the bench for 2 years

257692[/snapback]

Ya, thats a great idea. Let's sit him another year so he ends up with little to no value for us which wil screw us in return, again. :blink:

How exactly is Travis screwing the Bills by having the Cardinals like some rookie running backs and wanting to sign an extension with the other team he is traded to, which was always the case? Who is going to trade anything of value for a one year player? It was always expected that Henry would sign an extension with the other team, that is why the Bills let his agent try to work out a deal with another team. Henry hasn't done a thing wrong in this particular issue.

This report doesn't sound right to me. Travis doesn't have the right to refuse the trade and if the Cardinals are not wanting to give him a multiyear deal then I don't see the problem...usually its the other way around, the team wants a multiyear deal but the player wants to be able to test free agency early so they won't sign a long term deal.

I also can't believe the Cards would want to trade a LT for a guy with one year on his contract without locking him up long term. Why do I have the feeling that this report got it backwards and its Henry that doesn't want the extension.

This report doesn't sound right to me.  Travis doesn't have the right to refuse the trade and if the Cardinals are not wanting to give him a multiyear deal then I don't see the problem...usually its the other way around, the team wants a multiyear deal but the player wants to be able to test free agency early so they won't sign a long term deal.

I also can't believe the Cards would want to trade a LT for a guy with one year on his contract without locking him up long term.  Why do I have the feeling that this report got it backwards and its Henry that doesn't want the extension.

257755[/snapback]

Clayton is just piggy backing off the story in the Miami Herald that was originally referenced in this thread.

Clayton is just piggy backing off the story in the Miami Herald that was originally referenced in this thread.

257757[/snapback]

From the Herald...

The Miami Herald reports the proposed deal between Buffalo and Arizona which would exchange disgruntled Bills RB Travis Henry for Cardinals OLT L.J. Shelton is currently being held up. Agent Hadley Engelhard is working on a new contract for Henry, but the Cardinals want Henry to play out the final year of his contract before redoing the deal.

That really seems like a ridiculous report. So exactly who is Hadley Englehard "working on a deal" with if the Cardinals want Travis to play out the final year of his contract. There is no deal, just the trade. And if the Cards just want Henry to play out the final year of his contract, they would make the trade today. Is Henry going to not play his heart out to get the big payday in 2006 from the Cards or any of the other 31 teams as a UFA after a good 2005? Travis and the Cards are in the exact same position whether Henry wants to sign an extension now or not. The Bills can trade him, he'll start, and he'll either be wanted back or sent packing depending on his production.

Ya, thats a great idea. Let's sit him another year so he ends up with little to no value for us which wil screw us in return, again.  :blink:

257744[/snapback]

As opposed to trading him for like a 7th rounder who will probably be cut anyway?

The whole Henry thing has gone completely sour......I got an idea lets PAY someone to take him off of our hands

BFII, you are FAR closer to being alone on this issue than you think.

257748[/snapback]

You might be right, there are still many who feel we can get a Pro Bowler for this guy. He's a mentally challenged trouble maker who could care less about the team and we need to unload him for a box of jock straps if we can.

You might be right, there are still many who feel we can get a Pro Bowler for this guy.  He's a mentally challenged trouble maker who could care less about the team and we need to unload him for a box of jock straps if we can.

257814[/snapback]

Who has been more loyal, seriously, the Bills to Travis or Travis to the Bills? If anything, Travis has been more loyal to the team than they have to him. He was signed to a fair but fairly low contract. He was given a very low extension when he needed and asked for it, which was hardly generous. He played his ass off, performed better than expected, made the pro bowl and was rewarded with Willis McGahee. Granted, Travis has also been a pain in the ass, a fumbler, a whiner, an off the field nuisance, and injuyy prone. His time as a Bill is over completely. But he worked his ass off for the most part on the Bills and the team voted him MVP and the Bills were no more loyal to him than he was to them.