You are my sunshine, my only sunshine Jerry

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all Whaleys failures and shortcomings as a GM, i cant believe EJ is the sticking point. Thats the least thing i would criticize Whaley for. We needed a QB, Nix pigeonholed us into taking one that year, we NEEDED to take one and we did. He didnt work out, so what?

We stuck with him, because he was a high pick, for four years, as we should have. EJ got one last chance to prove himself a few months ago, and we cut bait. So what, it failed. Sometimes players fail. But to me, its not the definition of Whaleys career here.

The definition of Whaleys career, is 3 head coaches in four years. A trade for a premium receiver when you dont have a premium passer, and no plan to get one. Its a mish moshed roster. Its personnel that dosent fit a particular scheme. Its players that fall asleep in meetings. Its a ragtag bunch of misfits that dont play as a cohesive unit.

Those are Whaleys failures. EJ? EJ is nothing, EJ is a drop in the bucket.

Sully is dead on, and Whaley should go right after the draft.

You are right that Nix was the GM when EJ was selected. But it was Whaley who evaluated and ranked the qb prospects in that draft. EJ should have had a third or fourth round grade on him. Whaley stuck with EJ longer than he should because he over-rated him. That's his fault.

Ok I've heard enough and have to respond. He stuck with EJ too long? That may have been the quickest moving on from a QB I've seen without an injury dictating it. That includes his rookie season when he played 10 games in which he wasn't the intended starter (Kolb). He gets named the starter in his second season and is benched after game 4 and never sees the field again. The following year he plays in 2 games due to an injury to Taylor then we all saw last year.

How on earth can anyone think WHALEY over rated EJ and stuck with him too long?

You're just wrong John and you're the exact emotional fan that Sullivan intends to reach.

Edited by Triple Threat

Of all Whaleys failures and shortcomings as a GM, i cant believe EJ is the sticking point. Thats the least thing i would criticize Whaley for. We needed a QB, Nix pigeonholed us into taking one that year, we NEEDED to take one and we did. He didnt work out, so what?

We stuck with him, because he was a high pick, for four years, as we should have. EJ got one last chance to prove himself a few months ago, and we cut bait. So what, it failed. Sometimes players fail. But to me, its not the definition of Whaleys career here.

The definition of Whaleys career, is 3 head coaches in four years. A trade for a premium receiver when you dont have a premium passer, and no plan to get one. Its a mish moshed roster. Its personnel that dosent fit a particular scheme. Its players that fall asleep in meetings. Its a ragtag bunch of misfits that dont play as a cohesive unit.

Those are Whaleys failures. EJ? EJ is nothing, EJ is a drop in the bucket.

Sully is dead on, and Whaley should go right after the draft.

Whaley is just as much responsible for EJ as Nix was. And Whaley pushed EJ on different coaching staffs. No one needed the Jets game to know EJ hasn't got it.

...problem solved....fire Whaley and hire Jerry....seems to have "IT"...........

The article is spot on.

Right, they are just simple errors occurring that keep giving Whaley credit for the good moves under Nix who was the nominal GM.

Like I said, boy do they make it easy.

. Actually I just checked dates. The Hughes trade occurred a few days after the draft.

Do you actually deny the fact - fact, not alternative fact or conjecture- that Buddy Nix was the GM during the 2013 draft?

Whaley is just as much responsible for EJ as Nix was. And Whaley pushed EJ on different coaching staffs. No one needed the Jets game to know EJ hasn't got it.

This is also factually incorrect and there's plenty of evidence. Whaley brought in Kolb to be the starter in EJ's rookie year. Kolb gets hurt and insert EJ - not exactly Whaley shoving him down their throat. Appropriately EJ was given the opportunity to start in his second season - he didn't play well and was immediately replaced by Orton in game 5 - never to see the field again. Year 3 he had an opportunity to win the job between Cassel, Taylor and himself. He didn't win the job and again no forcing of EJ by Whaley. Last year he started one game when the season was lost - again not anything forced.

Whaley let the coaching staffs decide and your BS isn't going to change that.

Edited by Triple Threat

Fitz had royally pissed off the entire region, and needed to go. Nix was all over the media saying how he wasnt going to leave until they found a franchise QB. We were going to take a first round QB in 2013 no matter what. We did, EJ played out his rookie contract and he is gone. 15 games on a first round picked QB is not too much. Its fine, its about what the team needed to see to decide on its investment.

The whole EJ thing is the last thing id use to define Whaleys career here. Its basically inconsequential to me.

Remind me, which team did you serve as GM, where they won multiple Super Bowls?

You don't need to be a plumber to know cleaning up s... all day isn't fun

Fact of the matter is, thus a results based business and Whaley hasn't produced results.

. Actually I just checked dates. The Hughes trade occurred a few days after the draft.

Do you actually deny the fact - fact, not alternative fact or conjecture- that Buddy Nix was the GM during the 2013 draft?

Nix was still the GM in name after the draft.

I agree that Nix was the GM in name in the 2013 draft. Because that's all the facts support.

...and as you eloquently told me in another post, "LET IT GO"....."what has passed is PAST".....I heed your advice grasshopper..... :thumbsup:

Did we not NEED to take a QB in 2013? First overall? Should we have taken Geno?

We had a higher pick that year, should we have taken a linebacker? Or defensive back? Or running back?

EJ was the only play that year. It didnt work out... Move on.

This is also factually incorrect and there's plenty of evidence. Whaley brought in Kolb to be the starter in EJ's rookie year. Kolb gets hurt and insert EJ - not exactly Whaley shoving him down their throat. Appropriately EJ was given the opportunity to start in his second season - he didn't play well and was immediately replaced by Orton in game 5 - never to see the field again. Year 3 he had an opportunity to win the job between Cassel, Taylor and himself. He didn't win the job and again no forcing of EJ by Whaley. Last year he started one game when the season was lost - again not anything forced.

Whaley let the coaching staffs decide and your BS isn't going to change that.

Another change in the history books.

This is directly from Whaley's mouth:

I think what we decided, and I think [Marrone] promotes it, is competition

throughout the whole team, Whaley said. And I will throw in those three guys in there and see the competition makes everybody rise to the occasion and whoever takes the bull by the horns and wins the job that will be our guy and we will rally behind him and go into the season and expect for the best.

Nowhere in the article did it state that the plan was to sit Manuel behind Kolb, never not once. Stop it.

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/manuel-will-have-to-earn-starting-job/amp/

Jerry as been pretty spot on, it's unacceptable that our team as been this bad for this long, we deserve better

Jerry will complain when we win. Whaley is not the problem. Unless you consider the drafting of Darby, Kujo, Williams (John), Seymour (CB looks to be a steal in the 6th round) and the signings of Gory, LORAX, Z. Brown, Gillissee, to be total busts.

You can't just order a QB. Jerry seems to think you can. If this team, as currently constructed, had Big Ben as it's QB it would be a Super Bowl contender.

Did we not NEED to take a QB in 2013? First overall? Should we have taken Geno?

We had a higher pick that year, should we have taken a linebacker? Or defensive back? Or running back?

EJ was the only play that year. It didnt work out... Move on.

I personally don't care too much about the EJ pick. QB's are a crapshoot. I think care more about doubling down on him, not attempting to draft another one for years etc, more so than drafting him.

I personally don't care too much about the EJ pick. QB's are a crapshoot. I think care more about doubling down on him, not attempting to draft another one for years etc, more so than drafting him.

I dont know that "doubling down" on him is the correct term. Whaley just isnt a QB focused guy. It seems.

We all saw the shine come off of EJ's luster pretty quickly. Some of us wanted him to be the guy a little more and a little longer than others.

Its impossible to say though, that having EJ on the roster prevented us from taking guys like Carr and Dak. As the rest of the league passed on them too.

I WILL say, though, that Whaley has almost zero acumen when it comes to QB's.

Another change in the history books.

This is directly from Whaley's mouth:

I think what we decided, and I think [Marrone] promotes it, is competition

throughout the whole team, Whaley said. And I will throw in those three guys in there and see the competition makes everybody rise to the occasion and whoever takes the bull by the horns and wins the job that will be our guy and we will rally behind him and go into the season and expect for the best.

Nowhere in the article did it state that the plan was to sit Manuel behind Kolb, never not once. Stop it.

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/manuel-will-have-to-earn-starting-job/amp/

You're proving my point. Does it say Whaley is forcing the coaches to start EJ? Wake up uneducated fan and stop being a sheep.