Should we try to get Revis now that we have a zone defense?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revis at safety? Did you guys watch him try and duck tackling guys coming right at him the past two years? Guy avoids big hits.

....why would you pay him $6-8 mil in a year supposedly rich in DB's?....I'd prefer to go long term with a learning curve versus a rental.............

Regis is one of contributing factors to this new CBA with rookie ontracts, all of those early years constantly renegotiating his contracts. I don't fault him for it as he was negotiating the best deal for himself. My point simply is there is no proof he could play safety, he's slowed down, and he was never fast anyway. He was a great student, studies his opposition, and played with great leverage. He's getting $6 mil no matter if he plays or not so the only option for any team is give him the vet minimum if they feel he. Has anything left.

I personally as others have stated is just draft a couple of CB's in the draft and a safety as well as some WR's. they are cheaper, will play longer and grow in their positions over their rookie contracts. Remember we picked up Darby in the second, and even with a rough pre-season, has played well his first couple of years.

When he played that single year in Tampa, part of the reason Tampa let him go elsewhere is because he wasn't a fit for their zone defense. At least not for the price they were paying him.

I'm not against Revis coming to Buffalo, but I don't think it solves a problem

But -- and no offense -- your opinion is actually wrong because it's factually wrong.

Steve actually was one of the more successful WRS against Revis...

Granted there were drops that hurt his overall stat line, but.

Edited by BillsFan17

How does a guy who played man his whole career with the exception of his time in Tampa Bay where he played in the Cover 2 and was downright terrible, getting cut in the process seem like a good zone CB to you, OP? Do you watch and understand football at all?