Bills/Seahawks propose expanded replay review

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we also get rid of the "officiating experts" from the TV studios?

They are absolutely useless.

Officiating crews may vary on how agressive they call penalties IMO.

Myself personally Mark, I like hearing expert opinions.

I also have no problem with a slight difference of opinion as long as both teams are treated the same in a football game.

The ability to challenge any play helps build a template of how an officiating crew calls the game in my humble opinion.

Officiating crews may vary on how agressive they call penalties IMO.

Myself personally Mark, I like hearing expert opinions.

I also have no problem with a slight difference of opinion as long as both teams are treated the same in a football game.

The ability to challenge any play helps build a template of how an officiating crew calls the game in my humble opinion.

Exactly how I see it too.

teams already slow down the game to make sure they get a viewpoint of a penalty called. imagine slowing it down to see if one could be called?

coaches are simply - especially ball control offenses like the seahawks, patriots, falcons predicated on time of possession and exacting detail - going to use that extra time to check for a penalty and this could run a fast paced offense.

They also use shortened time to avoid valid penalties.

2 challenges a game to challenge an existing penalty. No checking to see if there was a penalty though.

Additionally, I think they should have officials in the box eyeballing the game, and calling down if they are seeing something blowing up like the obvious Bills vs Seahawks debacle that someone/anyone should have said "wait just a damn second, we just put the ball down and now we are calling delay of game? There is no delay of game penalty here - reset the playclock to whatever, and lets do this right"

2 challenges a game to challenge an existing penalty. No checking to see if there was a penalty though.

Additionally, I think they should have officials in the box eyeballing the game, and calling down if they are seeing something blowing up like the obvious Bills vs Seahawks debacle that someone/anyone should have said "wait just a damn second, we just put the ball down and now we are calling delay of game? There is no delay of game penalty here - reset the playclock to whatever, and lets do this right"

I had a similar thought, imo each field official should be working with a booth counterpart. If they miss a huge call the booth can instruct to throw a flag, and if they throw an obviously wrong one the booth can review and overturn almost in real-time

Great idea. I love it. Everything should be open for a challenge. Just limit the challenges.

I have never understood the spiking of the ball rule. It is in all reality intentional grounding.

It was in the past. They changed the rule and specifically allowed the spike instead of forcing the QB to throw it OOB. Changed in the late 80's I believe.