Jay Cutler for backup?

Hear me out. Looks like there is limited interest in Cutler. Texans just said they are not interested according to reports (maybe they are waiting for Romo to be cut). Denver seems content with their QB situation. Cleveland going full force for Garrapollo and San Fran in full rebuild mode.

What does this mean? We can get him for reasonable salary. He has history with Dennison as did Tyrod. He will maybe push Tyrod to be better. Big difference with Cutler behind him,then Cardale and a mid-late round pick (which we can still do, practice squad).

Not to mention with Tyrods style of play, an injury is almost inevitable. I think it would be a great move.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd probably beat out TT for the job.

No he wouldn't.

With that being said, I could be on board with Cutler on what is essentially a 1 year $5M deal (cap hit spread over 2). I've wanted a vet backup but someone with a better attitude than Cutler. The value may be too good to pass up though.

Jay Cutler is likely one of my favourite meme's in the NFL.

If you aren't familiar with the story - here it is: https://youtu.be/0-8Q54lFYDk?t=42s

Friend is in a bar in Chicago during the off-season. He goes to the bathroom and sees Jay Cutler, hat on backwards, taking a piss at the urinal. So the guy starts going to the bathroom and says, “Hey, I’m a huge fan, also went to Vanderbilt… ”

Jay throws his head back, still pissing, eyes half-closed because he’s drunk, interrupts him with, “DOOOONNNNTTTTTT CAAAAAARRRREEEEEE.”

jay-cutler-dont-care.jpg

Number6DontCare400w_2048x2048_medium.jpg

Edited by Screwball

No way Cutler signs somewhere to be a back up and if he was to sign as a back up for a lower salary, I am sure there are better teams than Buffalo that would want him.

What teams? He knows there is questions about Tyrod and this is his best chance to play if Tyrod doesn't step up...and from what is out there, no team wants him as starter right now.

does cutler really even want to play anymore? or does he just want to collect a paycheck?

i dont follow im closely at all but he carries that reputation of having a bad attitude. if true, i wouldnt want that on my team, and i can see why hes still available

from a strictly football perspective, i would definitely prefer him over tyrod. but they are polar opposites in terms of attitude

any team that does sign him as a #2 probably has an instant problem bc any time the starter struggles there will be pressure to bring in cutler

personally id rather sign kaepczerj7nick or rg1/2 to be the backup

does cutler really even want to play anymore? or does he just want to collect a paycheck?

i dont follow im closely at all but he carries that reputation of having a bad attitude. if true, i wouldnt want that on my team, and i can see why hes still available

from a strictly football perspective, i would definitely prefer him over tyrod. but they are polar opposites in terms of attitude

any team that does sign him as a #2 probably has an instant problem bc any time the starter struggles there will be pressure to bring in cutler

personally id rather sign kaepczerj7nick or rg1/2 to be the backup

If fans decide who starts or Tyrod is scared of Cutler. This organization will never win. Competition breeds winners.

Cutler would certainly be an upgrade over Manuel. He may actually push Taylor for the starting job.

He may see Buffalo as one of the best places for him to become a starter again......even if it's not right away.

I think it would be a no-brainer to sign him....maybe a 2 year deal at $4m/yr average.

At least we would have two legit NFL QBs and wouldn't have to draft a QB this year.

The benefits of that are as follows:

1. We could then trade down in R1 (maybe even several times) to acquire more picks to fill more holes.

2. We would have more time to see how C. Jones develops as a young QB. He may turn out to be a pretty good player, which would preclude the need to use a high draft pick on another young player.

I think Cutler's familiarity with Dennison and the fact that the Bills are not completely sold on Taylor yet could be the deciding factor for Cutler ultimately deciding to sign with the Bills.

No he wouldn't.

With that being said, I could be on board with Cutler on what is essentially a 1 year $5M deal (cap hit spread over 2). I've wanted a vet backup but someone with a better attitude than Cutler. The value may be too good to pass up though.

Previous experience in the system, better passer, good relationship with the staff.

I could honestly see it. He could at least push TT.

Edited by FireChan