Find me a versatile Corner in the draft

And what do you see when you look at these guys?

I ask because we've got 3-4 guys in this thread alone that can actually talk shop--tell me your evaluations.

Oh, and forget about who's everyone's favorite corner. Show me a single analyst that hasn't said that this corner class is a cut above any in a long time.

I can easily pull tweets like this:

45]

Daniel JeremiahVerified account @MoveTheSticks

Follow

More

This draft has the deepest/most talented group of CBs I've seen in several years.

And quotes like this:

"I think one of the messages in this year's draft at edge, corner and safety is there is great quality at the top, but there is depth throughout."

https://nflcommunications.com/PublishingImages/Pages/NFL-Network-Analyst-Mike-Mayock-2017-NFL-Scouting-Combine-Conference-Call----Transcript-and-Audio/Mike%20Mayock%202017%20NFL%20Scouting%20Combine%20Transcript.pdf

I'm not going to go through all the weaknesses of these guys but there are many. Don't expect a day one starter on the outside without some serious growing pains. We will see, though. Edited by BuffaloBud420

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. It's the best DB class. Mainly cause of safety and yes Seymour day 1 is our best option.

Not true, the Safety class has talentx sure, but it's more top heavy with Adams and Hooker. The CB class has a lot more depth across the round. You will see more CBs go in the top 40 than you will see S.

I'm not going to go through all the weaknesses of these guys but there are many. Don't expect a day one starter on the outside without some serious growing pains. We will see, though.

Um, if you're going to argue that the top prospects have warts and won't be day-1 starters, don't you think it's prudent to back that up?

I can tell you what I like about each of these guys if you'd like...I don't think it's asking too much that you back up your opinion with more than "trust me"

Seriously this DB class is disgusting and we should pluck atleast two out of it. Get your offensive players early and starting DBs from there on out.

would be a good notion, unless a top 3 Cb falls in our laps first round,whether we trade down or not. Then the whole draft board changes. This is the first year I recall such a whacky scenario likely to take place. There is a ton of talent/variety and plenty of holes on every team 1-9. It's gonna be a fluid,ever adjustable draft

Should be fun

I'm not going to go through all the weaknesses of these guys but there are many. Don't expect a day one starter on the outside without some serious growing pains. We will see, though.

Ur right, just like Ramsey did to the tune of 54 receptions, 703 yards, 3 TDs and 2 Ints per Pro Football Focus....

Ur right, just like Ramsey did to the tune of 54 receptions, 703 yards, 3 TDs and 2 Ints per Pro Football Focus....

Watching him try to cover a still-hobbled Sammy in his return to action was quite funny. Smoked twice on deep routes, but at least on the 2nd one he had the good sense to take the DPI penalty.

Watching him try to cover a still-hobbled Sammy in his return to action was quite funny. Smoked twice on deep routes, but at least on the 2nd one he had the good sense to take the DPI penalty.

LOL Yep

Edited by cover1

Um, if you're going to argue that the top prospects have warts and won't be day-1 starters, don't you think it's prudent to back that up?

I can tell you what I like about each of these guys if you'd like...I don't think it's asking too much that you back up your opinion with more than "trust me"

He is just wrong Bandit. His reasoning is "none of these are Joe Haden" what does that even mean?

This is a brilliant corner class.

Fair enough. I am apparently not the only one who WOULD use that word, though:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/marlon-humphrey?id=2558067

STRENGTHS

Has the body type and athletic traits that are out of central casting. Fluid hips and hard-charging makeup speed. Well-versed in a variety of coverages. Plays with disciplined eyes and good balance between high-low responsibilities in zone. Good short-area acceleration to close out receivers and attack throwing lanes. Reactive athleticism helps erase coverage mistakes. Extremely competitive with an edge that spikes after he's beaten. Timid receivers should take the day off. Aggressive from press with a powerful punch. Looks to intimidate when the opportunity arises. Drives receivers out of bounds and out of the play if their vertical release takes them too close to the boundary. Will not let a blocking receiver punk him. Tears through blocker and attacks downhill. Searches for opportunities to strip the ball; forced three fumbles in 2016.

SOURCES TELL US

"There are some things on tape that really worry you. If he has trouble playing the long ball it is going to be bombs away against him and his team might have to change how they cover because of that. Those issues usually don't go away." -- Scouting director for AFC team

Ramsey is going to be (really) good imo but Sammy turned him inside out

Great convo, and I am glad that you mentioned him again bc I still had one game left to break down. So I went back and some of his grades changed, initially I had him an 82 but a few tweaks and new things I saw on film brought his grade up. As far as what game I used yes they were from DB but those are all of his plays that he was in. When will we get all 22 for college!?!? So when are you going to join our team at Cover 1? I could use some help!

I always enjoy talking about this stuff and conversing with knowledgeable people, enhances my knowledge and I love picking up things I miss and getting different views on all related things.

I think I counted 26 (? - quick count, not official, lol) plays on the breakdown site in the USC game for Fabian, but I am pretty sure there are some gaps in it, fwiw, including the 4th quarter. USC had to have ran 80+ plays in that game.

I dont know if he got subbed out, hurt or pulled in the game, but I have had some discrepancies in the past with their content. I really have no idea if its just me or not... I would hope the college all 22 will be a reality sooner rather than later myself!! I surprised it isnt a reality yet, I know plenty of people who would pay for it.

I would love to help, 10 years ago I'd be "all in", but since then my life evolved. If you would like to message me or add me as a friend, I could probably contribute a little from time to time if you would like.

Edited by P51

Hard to see the Bills taking a top DB in the 1st 2 rounds.

C.Awuzie (Colorado) is versatile and is always around the ball. He is a great athlete and willing tackler. Getting him in the 3rd round would be good value probably. Another guy here might be Desmond King from Iowa.

Later in the draft, guys like N.Hairston (Temple), J.Cutrer (MTSU), J.Toccho (NCState), T.Thompson (Colorado), J.Grace (Miami) or A.Conner (Miss) would be versatile depth and special teams contributors. David Jones (Richmond) has been getting a lot of attention and could be versatile at safety/returner.

Hard to see the Bills taking a top DB in the 1st 2 rounds.

C.Awuzie (Colorado) is versatile and is always around the ball. He is a great athlete and willing tackler. Getting him in the 3rd round would be good value probably. Another guy here might be Desmond King from Iowa.

Later in the draft, guys like N.Hairston (Temple), J.Cutrer (MTSU), J.Toccho (NCState), T.Thompson (Colorado), J.Grace (Miami) or A.Conner (Miss) would be versatile depth and special teams contributors. David Jones (Richmond) has been getting a lot of attention and could be versatile at safety/returner.

Grace wont be able to convert to a safety. He's not fast enough or agile enough. He's not even a striker as a hitter. He'll go undrafted most likely as he has no true position and would most likely only contribute on specials.

Grace wont be able to convert to a safety. He's not fast enough or agile enough. He's not even a striker as a hitter. He'll go undrafted most likely as he has no true position and would most likely only contribute on specials.

Grace might be a guy that could be developed into a weakside LB in this defense though. Probably undrafted because of off-field issues. It was reported he ran a sub 4.5 40 at Miami a year or two ago.

Grace might be a guy that could be developed into a weakside LB in this defense though. Probably undrafted because of off-field issues. It was reported he ran a sub 4.5 40 at Miami a year or two ago.

It was the stupidest thing ever as to why he was suspended. If you didn't know the story, he was suspended over car rentals with Al-Quadin Muhammed. The issue was that coming off probation Miami had to kick them off the team because one of them damaged a luxury rental that they were almost getting for free. He has a ton of talent but no natural position. It was like a 4.45 40.