Mike Williams just ran an unofficial 4.53 40 at pro day

Kelvin Benjamin, Larry Fitz, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant off the top of my head.

Edit, phone kept changing Kelvin to Kevin

If 40 times were so telling tell me about the careers of Heyward-Bey,Trindon Holliday, Jacoby Ford...

Williams 40 time is pretty much on par with the average

Only Kelvin was recent. The other guys were a long time ago.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet the are all in the league, so...

And again, Williams is on par with the average for a WR. Especially one of who is 6'4"

I have no issue with Mike Williams. My high opinion of him has been made several times. But he ran a 4.5. 4.6 is where you start to worry with a WR, even one that is physically imposing.

I have no issue with Mike Williams. My high opinion of him has been made several times. But he ran a 4.5. 4.6 is where you start to worry with a WR, even one that is physically imposing.

I was more worried about him being able to get separation from defenders.Speed is not the be all, end all for sure.

If he has great hands, catching and moving the defender, and a sweet catch radius he might not need speed or so much route separation

Who is our WRs Coach these days?

I am not picking him at ten as Bills GM though.

again, in trade down away from 10 I would take him

Williams ran a 4.51 and a 4.53. Reports, scouts wanted to see a 4.55 or under.

Edited by BillsFan17

The fans don't want him though. They want a QB, or trade down and take "The Next Rob Gronkowski," OJ Howard.

I will admit, early on I was against Howard as I didn't like the idea of taking a guy at 10 who needed an explanation as to why his production wasn't better. Then a poster made some good counter points about how the TE is weirdly used in College, which is true, and I still wasn't in love with the idea but saw the point. My counter was that none of the top TE's in the NFL have really come from the first round...last one was Olsen, none of the other "elite" TE's coming out like Pettigrew, Eifert, Gresham, Ebron have turned out to be elite dominant players why guys like Graham, Gronk, Kelce, Julius, etc have come from later rounds or undrafted. So was it really necessary to invest a first into that position when we already have Clay and history has shown TE value can be found everywhere in a draft.

BUT...after seeing the Bills interest in TE's in FA along with the insane combine Howard put up, I have certainly come around to the idea of Howard being in play at 10 and even liking the idea. But, like you, what I would really like to see if we did get Howard is a trade back and picking him while picking up another draft asset in the 2nd or 3rd of this years draft. The question is how far back can we go and not miss out on Howard.

At 10, I still prefer either Safety or Davis given we do have Clay and aren't desperate at TE. I love Williams too, but his injury history makes a but nervous, so if the other guys were off the board and it came down to Williams or Howard, I would be just fine with either.

yes, as a Bills fan it is natural to fear early first round draft picks named Mike Williams. 😛

Would be epic if we land yet another that fails as bad, having a QB that doesn't throw sure makes drafting him a epic waste so I'm sure Whaley will do it. Drafting him will have Sammy not resigned in my opinion so they must already know Sammy isn't happy here blocking for Tyrod.

I'm not normally a superstitious guy, but another 1st round Mike Williams?.

We didn't do so well with the first Mike Williams. Maybe a pass (pun intended) is in order if this guy is still on the board when the Bills are on the clock.

Wide receivers named Mike Williams have also disappointed in the NFL.

I would rather see Davis at #10 than Williams. Mike William does have good ball skills and out-fights college DBs for the ball. He does not get alot of separation. I doubt he can dominate pro corners the way he did college. Just my opinion.

If he doesn't get separation and isn't wide open Taylor will never pass him the football.

Casserly prefers Mike Williams to DeAndre Hopkins

Watching the two of them coming out of college, off tape, to me, Williams has better separation, the ability to beat a defender one-on-one when he has to, inside and outside on cuts," Casserly said on NFL Network's Path to the Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793561/article/casserly-prefers-mike-williams-to-deandre-hopkins

Wide receivers named Mike Williams have also disappointed in the NFL.

The Mike Williams we traded for actually had a great rookie year.

If he doesn't get separation and isn't wide open Taylor will never pass him the football.

Most WRs take three years to reach their full potential, Tyrod's new deal seems to be making him a bridge QB for two years. It might be wise to take Williams (assuming one of the two Safety prospects are off the board).

The last 6'4" WR prospect that TBD posters were enamoured with was Limas Sweed. Remember him?

We had the 11th pick that year & many posters wanted Sweed at 11.

Sweed ran a 4.50 at his Pro Day. He slipped to the 2nd round, was too slow to get separation at the NFL level & washed out. Mike Williams reminds me a lot of him.

Prototype West Coast Offense WRs like Mike Williams or Sweed aren't valued like they were 20 years go. Todays NFL requires WRs to get quick separation. Williams should not be considered until late 1st round.

Yeah, that was the year everyone wanted the big WR. Actually, the guy I was enamored with was Jordy Nelson (who's agility numbers are about on par with Williams' ). Living in Big 12 country, I got to see him a lot.

The guy produced against everyone and he was the only real weapon on his K-State team. He'd put up 100 yards or more against teams like Oklahoma, Texas and Colorado, all of whom had DB's that ended up in the NFL. He burned Talib for over 130 yards in their match up.

Sweed..not so much. He was a guy that would have 2 catches vs. Oklahoma, 1 vs. Kansas State, etc. and got most of his grabs against teams like Rice.

Williams' vertical, broad jump and shuttle times are more of a concern than they are a deal breaker.

I do like that he produced against both Ohio State and Alabama, both of whom had NFL quality db's.

But then...the year Sweed and Nelson came out, I also liked James Hardy..so...

I watched some highlight back to back of Davis and Williams. Davis is definitely faster than Williams but I will say Williams has a pretty good set of hands on him. He's made some really nice catches in his career. I feel like he is more athletic than people are giving him credit for. With that being said, Davis will probably have the better career because he is going somewhere that he is gonna be the #1 reciever. We don't need Williams to be the guy. He can have some pressure taken off of him with Sammy being here and allow him to learn the NFL game. If foster is there at 10 you take him!! If not, Williams will be a good to very good player for us! If we draft oj Howard I will lose my mind!

Idk to me it feel like Williams will end up with stay lines closer to

10-15 targets, 8-10 catches 100-115 yards with 2 TD.

Davis will finish with like

8-12 targets, 6 catches 150 yards and two TDs.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone. I guess the best way to say it is one is more Plexico Burress and the other is more Jordy Nelson.

The fact that OJ Howard is 6'6 250 and is faster than Mike Williams, makes him my choice at #10.

How is howard faster? Reports range from 4.49 via ESPN to 4.51 and 4.53.

Either way howard ran similar not better, so in essence he's not faster. Why wouldn't you want Engram over Howard? Engram had a better 40

Moreover, are we really basing a draft pick on straight line speed?

Edited by BillsFan17