Today I Learned....PartII

58 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One of my co-workers loves animals.  I do too.  However I'm not sure putting very sad animal facts on your work signature is professional.

In her sig, she has things like "1 out of every 8 dogs has a good home" "1 out of every 12 cats has a good home" "800 dogs and cats are slaughtered each hour in the US".

That sig might be appropriate if working for the SPCA or similar org but would not be permitted in companies where I have worked. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One of my co-workers loves animals.  I do too.  However I'm not sure putting very sad animal facts on your work signature is professional.

In her sig, she has things like "1 out of every 8 dogs has a good home" "1 out of every 12 cats has a good home" "800 dogs and cats are slaughtered each hour in the US".

good to have red flags flying brazenly

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Use it to your advantage. If there ever comes a time when you feel she has to go, suggest she start sending out emails weekly to everyone in the company about how they can help the animals. 

On 9/5/2018 at 8:34 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

is the cat at a given home the judge of whether it's good or not?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It could good or it could be a cat-astrophe.

A cat grumbling most of it’s awake time is not necessarily being mistreated 

Edited by row_33

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 2:51 PM, Just Jack said:

Use it to your advantage. If there ever comes a time when you feel she has to go, suggest she start sending out emails weekly to everyone in the company about how they can help the animals. 

I woman at work got her job back because she argued (with a lawyer) that the company endorsed her behavior by letting her do it for so long. She was fired for incompetence; inability to do the job; when they finally reviewed her file and found out she had no clue what she was doing.

So, they hired someone to do her job, while she learned how to do her job.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Today I learned there is a Senator from Rhode Island named Sheldon Whitehouse

That makes him Senator Whitehouse.  Greatest political name ever

was the  family name Casablanca at some point?