TYROD IS STAYING

Almost all the teams in the NFL missed on those guys, many times over...

Can you tell me who this years Dak Prescott is? Do you think any NFL GM can tell you that?

Pat Mahomes. But that's not the point. Your idea that only perfect scouts need apply is bunk. Some teams understand QB's and how to scout better than others. The Bills have shown again and again poor insight into QB's and lack of resources spent at the most critical position. Only 2 picks on QB in the first 2 rounds in the last 20 years. That is pathetic and it looks like we get another year tacked on.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a QB driven league, last one to score wins. Pitt game showed who Tyrod is, Mr consecutive 3 and out. First half he had negative 1 yard per play, teams know how to stop Tyrod, make him be a QB. If we had a better QB we would have made the playoffs. Whaley QB purgatory

If i recall correctly the winning qb tjat day did throw 3 interceptions and was generally not impressive. Giving up almost 300 yards to Bell is what cost us this game.

Pat Mahomes. But that's not the point. Your idea that only perfect scouts need apply is bunk. Some teams understand QB's and how to scout better than others. The Bills have shown again and again poor insight into QB's and lack of resources spent at the most critical position. Only 2 picks on QB in the first 2 rounds in the last 20 years. That is pathetic and it looks like we get another year tacked on.

Tom Brady or Russell Wilson were not "scouted". Blind luck, nothing more.

@viccarucci

Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

Nice. I can live with that. I think he took a pay cut on there somewhere to make that work. It was already close to that before the restructure.

There will be 25 players on the board who are all better prospects at other positions of bigger need.

No there won't. Some team is gonna be very happy they took Watson. I am sorry that team does not look like being the Bills.

I am not sad to have Tyrod back though. My views on this class and Tyrod were never linked. I hope when we see the terms this is a good deal for Buffalo.

To clarify, it's even worse:

The Bills have taken Two 1st RD QB's in the last 33 years.

I'd like to make sure everyone is equipped with that knowledge before again, quite mindlessly explaining that we again need to wait until next year. Doing that is why we never have a franchise QB. I said it earlier, but I'll say it again because it applies so well to this damn team,

The best time to grow a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now. Some of you want to wait until next harvest, and that's exactly how we end up where we are.

Tom Brady or Russell Wilson were not "scouted". Blind luck, nothing more.

Seahawks scouted Wilson so hard that they paid Matt Flynn a kings ransom just because theyre nice guys. Cowboys tried to draft Johnny Football and wanted Lynch/Cook last year but got their consolation prize with Dak. Obviously the Cowboys are geniuses and we need Jerry to win.

Edited by jletha

Three -- I repeat THREE -- 200 yard rushers against the Bills last year. All losses.

Yep, it was Tyrod's fault they didn't make the playoffs.

That absolves Taylor of being the 20th-25th best qb. He deserved playoffs being in bottom 35% of his peers for some reason ?

Oakland Miami Atlanta Green Bay had worse defenses yet made the playoffs.

Enough with the excuses. Gonna need to save them for next year.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Does anyone know if there is a no-move clause in this contract? Reportedly there was a lot of teams interested in him, why not trade him with this new deal and go get Tony Romo and draft a QB?

We'll pass on a QB in the draft. Taylor will be the same guy next year. We'll be "in the hunt" in November and out of it by December. McDermott will want to win meaningless games, and we'll win enough to not have the ammo to draft a good QB in next years draft. The drought will definitely hit the 20 year mark, and I bet it gets to 25. This is freaking awful. Just awful.

Or McDermott could add 3 or 4 wins to the team by being a better coach than the last guy and the Bills having something better than a below average defense.

The Bills could have won 10 games in 2016 if not for Rex and a terrible Defense. And that's with Tyrod Taylor playing as he was in 2016, which was as a slightly below average starting NFL QB.

Imagine if Taylor can improve even a little and our coaching and Defense improves a bit more... ?

What i find amusing is that people kept arguing how TT's salary was going to prevent us from being able to get players to win. Thats what we heard over and over and over again like a bat to the head from a select few.

Now his cap hit is going to be what? Like 25-28th in the League in 2017?

Named to the pro bowl back to back seasons. Almost a 3:1 Total Td/total turnover ratio (including fumbles and rushing tds) and we're getting him at a bottom of the barrel price tag.

Best move of the FA period so far right here.

To clarify, it's even worse:

The Bills have taken Two 1st RD QB's in the last 33 years.

I'd like to make sure everyone is equipped with that knowledge before again, quite mindlessly explaining that we again need to wait until next year. Doing that is why we never have a franchise QB. I said it earlier, but I'll say it again because it applies so well to this damn team,

The best time to grow a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now. Some of you want to wait until next harvest, and that's exactly how we end up where we are.

Agree!

So you're not going to watch games this year?

Not sure. Probably will. Just frustrated. As a lifelong fan of many years, really down about the direction the team has taken, but I have made my son a fanatic, so enjoy watching the games with him. I just wish things were better.................. Good question though!!!

If i recall correctly the winning qb tjat day did throw 3 interceptions and was generally not impressive. Giving up almost 300 yards to Bell is what cost us this game.

That's right our D got 3 turnovers of Rapeburger but yet Tyrod still couldn't do a single thing but sit on the bench. Of course they were able to run they had the game wrapped up because they knew how to stop our bad QB. Its a QB driven league, Rapeburger got 3 turnovers and atill managed the game to score. Want to stop Tyrod, make him be a QB.

Edited by xRUSHx

Smart move. Now we have a chance to make playoffs next year.

Playoffs? Where did we get better? Everyone that is so excited for this move and saying TT is not to blame for missing the playoffs quickly points at the defense. From where I sit it looks like 3 pro bowlers from that side of the ball are heading elsewhere.

So losing 3 of our better players, a first year HC, OC and DC's who will both be installing new systems and we are going to improve on 7-9? Don't forget we don't have a PK, P, and one of those defensive pro bowlers was also our best special teams player.

For the record I think the Pro Bowl is as watered down as it can be, but TT fan club always likes to refer to it so I returned the favor. Sure some signings are to yet to come but where anyone can sit today and say playoffs is where I want to be.

What i find amusing is that people kept arguing how TT's salary was going to prevent us from being able to get players to win. Thats what we heard over and over and over again like a bat to the head from a select few.

Now his cap hit is going to be what? Like 25-28th in the League in 2017?

Named to the pro bowl back to back seasons. Almost a 3:1 Total Td/total turnover ratio (including fumbles and rushing tds) and we're getting him at a bottom of the barrel price tag.

Best move of the FA period so far right here.

Any 20th ranked cb's or DE's we should go after ?