Marie Le Pen

If you fear isolationism, why?

There is less communication, less cooperation, more abstract paranoia. That absolutely will halt technological progress. (Some may even desire this?)

It also depends on how far you go with it. How much information sharing is shut down? How much commerce is halted? It it just stepping away from other's conflicts?

Where would we be if the philosophy prevailed domestically leading to WWII? Also, back when future leadership was warned against involvement in foreign conflicts the argumentation was that our experiences and concerns couldn't possibly be all that similar. Today with the entire world connected that line of argumentation fails.

Edited by Rockpile233

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is less communication, less cooperation, more abstract paranoia. That absolutely will halt technological progress. (Some may even desire this?)

It also depends on how far you go with it. How much information sharing is shut down? How much commerce is halted? It it just stepping away from other's conflicts?

Where would we be if the philosophy prevailed domestically leading to WWII? Also, back when future leadership was warned against involvement in foreign coflicts the argumentation was that our experiences and concerns couldn't possibly be all that similar. Today with the entire world connected that line of argumentation fails.

I'm not disputing your points...but isolationism did prevail in this country during WWII. It took several attacks to bring us in.

Don't know if y'all follow but j'ai adore Le Pen, and the French election (round 2) is coming up. If she's elected there will be huge ramifications across Europe. Really interested to see how it shakes out. For France's sake I hope she's elected. Those people have suffered more than enough due to liberalism.

you live in the most liberal country in the world dumbass

Edited by baskin

you live in the most liberal country in the world dumbass

What kind of liberalism? Classical liberalism like Locke promotes? Neo liberalism, like we have today? What kind of liberalism? Also, once you get back to me on that, let me know what makes America the most liberal. Dumbass.

Somebody want to tell the BBMB boat people that I'm pretty much a subject matter expert...

I must ask, and this isn't a challenge to your credentials, but what makes you an expert?

What kind of liberalism? Classical liberalism like Locke promotes? Neo liberalism, like we have today? What kind of liberalism? Also, once you get back to me on that, let me know what makes America the most liberal. Dumbass.

I must ask, and this isn't a challenge to your credentials, but what makes you an expert?

Studying military history for...almost four decades now.

I'm actually working on a book on aircraft carrier doctrine up to 1942.

Studying military history for...almost four decades now.

I'm actually working on a book on aircraft carrier doctrine up to 1942.

Let me ask you this question then....you may pick from all of history...who in your opinion is the greatest general ever?

Hands down:

general tso 's chicken was created in the USA by some chef who wanted to try to find something unique for his joint since most chinese food didn't interest americans with bland flavor.

Let me ask you this question then....you may pick from all of history...who in your opinion is the greatest general ever?

Subutai, hands down. Much as I'd like to say Alexander the Great, Subutai would have drank his milkshake.

Definitely beats General Motors in my book.

It is more edible, slightly.

Subutai, hands down. Much as I'd like to say Alexander the Great, Subutai would have drank his milkshake.

It is more edible, slightly.

I do not know this, Subutai. I appreciate very much, Alexander....but I can't rank him that high because the dude had a professional army which was unheard of at the time. Great General for sure, but he had professional soldiers who also had really long sticks.

For me, it's the great Belisarius. Unbelievable what he accomplished.

Edited by The_Dude

I do not know this, Subutai. I appreciate very much, Alexander....but I can't rank him that high because the dude had a professional army which was unheard of at the time. Great General for sure, but he had professional soldiers who also had really long sticks.

For me, it's the great Belisarius. Unbelievable what he accomplished.

Subutai was one of Genghis Khan's four "dogs of war" (Jebe and Jelme were two others, I can never remember the fourth.) He...well, he did some ****. Took a Mongol army on a two-year, 6000-mile raid through European Russia, then went back years later and conquered it. Coordinated the wings of his army using flags and signal fires across the Carpathians to invade Hungary and Poland (and win the battles of Mohi and Legnica on consecutive days, 300 miles apart - a modern army would be hard-pressed to do that.)

Subutai's campaigns were the basis for Tukhachevsky's "Deep Battle" doctrine in the early 30's, which means he partially informed German armor doctrine, which means he also made contribution to American AirLand battle doctrine. Meaning he'd practically be at home in modern armored warfare, which is something you can't really say about many historical generals. Plus, he had a career spanning over 50 years, over which I don't think he ever lost a battle (maybe one or two in China).

Belisarius was great, he'd probably be at the top of my list of most underrated generals. Alexander...I see your point (there's two very good books on Philip of Macedon that make that same point, very credibly.) But regardless, he still had to use that army, which he did to such great effect that he conquered the known world ("known" as defined by Greeks, of course), destroyed an empire that can legitimately be called a superpower, and never lost a battle.

Lol!!!!!!

It's a coloring book? lol

Can't fool you...