Glennon to get $14-$15m / yr

Go sell that to the Saints.

Pretty sure they're good with Brees and a SB.

I replied to your statement that "Struggling teams NEED to draft QBs.

Saints were 7-9 WITH Drew Brees. Do they NEED to draft a QB?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I replied to your statement that "Struggling teams NEED to draft QBs.

Saints were 7-9 WITH Drew Brees. Do they NEED to draft a QB?

My point was that Hall of Fame SB winning QBs are given latitudes that others are not..for good reason IMO.

Are you trying to imply that Taylor is capable of elevating a team's success to the same degree as Brees?

He's been a starter for only 2 seasons.........and if we had just an average defense last year we would have mage the playoffs

That is not a true statement. We had the 31st ranked passing offense in the NFL. You don't think that played a part in not making the playoffs for a 17th straight year? And our coach was a pretty bad game day manager also. Don't forget that.

My point was that Hall of Fame SB winning QBs are given latitudes that others are not..for good reason IMO.

Are you trying to imply that Taylor is capable of elevating a team's success to the same degree as Brees?

You are just changing the subject.

I made a statement that struggling teams have HOLES to fill and therefore none of their picks are LUXURY picks. Winning teams have weaknesses not neccesarily holes so they have Luxury (no glaring needs).

You stated that "stuggling teams NEED to pick QBs".

Well, do all struggling teams NEED to pick QBs?

Afterall, if a team has their franchise guy, ALL of their problems are SOLVED.

Perhaps your statement was not entirely correct. Perhaps teams who are struggling NEED to plug HOLES even if the have Their GUY.

For Tyrod fan boys wins are a team stat. Points scored is a Tyrod stat. Average yards per game is a team stat. It's all cherry picked to justify 40 million to a guy who his own team does not want to put the ball in his hands.

The bolded isn't true?

For the record Tyrod is 15-14 with the Bills over the last 2 years and the Bills are 0-3 without him.

If you add Tyrod's Rushing and Passing Yards he averaged 240.2 yards per game which would put him about 21st. Which is right where most of us "fan boys" have him pegged.

The bolded isn't true?

For the record Tyrod is 15-14 with the Bills over the last 2 years and the Bills are 0-3 without him.

If you add Tyrod's Rushing and Passing Yards he averaged 240.2 yards per game which would put him about 21st. Which is right where most of us "fan boys" have him pegged.

I would put him around 25. A QB that can't make every throw, has the third worst yards per catch per attempt, can't operate a 2 minute drill.

I don't pay big money for that.

I consider Tyrod Taylor like an elusive Alex Smith as they have similar passing numbers yet Tyrod leads the league in rushing yards for a QB. Here's the two's cap hit over the next two years.

A. Smith - $16,900 (2017) and $20,600 (2018)

Tyrod - $15,913 (2018) and $16,780 (2018)

I realize we'd be committed to Taylor for two years as cutting him in 2018. It's worth the risk as this team needs to build through the draft and make smart free agent signings like Lorenzo Alexander and Zach Brown. Taylor is better than Edwards or Fitzpatrick so we're not repeating the mistake all over again in committing to a below average starting NFL quarterback. QB's are too important to mess around with and we know what we're getting with Taylor as with a solid defense we can easily make the playoffs. If Taylor improves slightly and we develop into a great defense then a Superbowl isn't out of the question. Of course, you draft a rookie QB who you think will be a franchise QB without hesitation during this time and let him sit and learn. I don't want another JP Losman or EJ Manuel.

You are just changing the subject.

I made a statement that struggling teams have HOLES to fill and therefore none of their picks are LUXURY picks. Winning teams have weaknesses not neccesarily holes so they have Luxury (no glaring needs).

You stated that "stuggling teams NEED to pick QBs".

Well, do all struggling teams NEED to pick QBs?

Afterall, if a team has their franchise guy, ALL of their problems are SOLVED.

Perhaps your statement was not entirely correct. Perhaps teams who are struggling NEED to plug HOLES even if the have Their GUY.

Not all at. You drew an equivalency between the Bills and Saints situation s, using their records and respective QBs as evidence. I explained that the two situations differ in that Brees and Taylor are fundamentally different QBs and any draft calculus that ignores such is fundamentally flawed.

I guess I should define 'struggling', since that's what you're hung up on. I don't consider the Saints to be struggling...they won a title and paid their QB accordingly, knowing full well they were going to pay for it for a few years down the road. That's the NFL. Same goes for the Ravens.

I consider teams like the Bengals, Chiefs, Dolphins, Texans, Vikes, Bears etc as 'struggling'. They're arguably in better position to contend than we are, and I'd STILL draft a QB high if I were them.

What the !@#$?

Wins are a team stat. Points scored are a team stat. Yards per game is a team stat.

That's the point. 😂

You guys blame Tyrod for being a .500 QB when the defense and defensive coaching have been awful since his arrival.

Absolutely it's worth the risk.

It's a no brainer to me. Keep him and draft another one high and let him EARN the job over Tyrod.

If Tyrod had a winning record his fans would use it. I understand, people like the guy and will back it up with whatever they can find.

I would put him around 25. A QB that can't make every throw, has the third worst yards per catch per attempt, can't operate a 2 minute drill.

I don't pay big money for that.

Yards per catch per attempt? You really pulled that stat out? I've never even heard of that yet you knock other stats. Let's see your list though ranking the QBs.

If Tyrod had a winning record his fans would use it. I understand, people like the guy and will back it up with whatever they can find.

Tyrod does have a winning record. As I put earlier they are 15-14 when he starts and 0-3 when he doesn't. However you have "the fan boys" confused with others. 7-9 is trumpeted by Ryan L every chance he gets.

Yards per catch per attempt? You really pulled that stat out? I've never even heard of that yet you knock other stats. Let's see your list though ranking the QBs.

Tyrod does have a winning record. As I put earlier they are 15-14 when he starts and 0-3 when he doesn't. However you have "the fan boys" confused with others. 7-9 is trumpeted by Ryan L every chance he gets.

You have never heard of yards after catch? In a passing league you want this. 2 best teams were in the Superbowl.

You have never heard of yards after catch? In a passing league you want this. 2 best teams were in the Superbowl.

I have but I had no idea with the way you worded it lol. I usually see it as YAC or even Rac never yards per catch per attempt.

Thanks for clarifying though! :thumbsup:

I have but I had no idea with the way you worded it lol. I usually see it as YAC or even Rac never yards per catch per attempt.

Thanks for clarifying though! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the clunky wording was because Bills were last in RAC and 3rd last in RAC per attempt.

We ... are ... grossly ... overpaying ... for ... Tyrod.

Someone gave Osweiler $18 mill a year. Did that mean that we should give Tyrod $20.5 mill? Or did they wildly overpay Osweiler? Clearly the latter. And if Glennon gets a deal for $14 - $15 mill a year, first it's a ton less than Tyrod would make if they picked up his option and second, the fact that somebody might overpay for one guy doesn't make overpaying for another OK.

Tyrod is a bridge QB. He shouldn't be paid like a franchise guy, and yes, $40.5 million guaranteed for two years on the roster - his most likely term - is franchise QB money.

Glennon is also a bridge QB, though not as good a bridge guy as Tyrod. $14 - $15 mill would make him the most expensive bridge QB in history. And will almost certainly look like a terrible deal in a year or two.

Also worth remembering that some teams have an awful lot of money available under the cap to throw around if they want while we have very little and still can't even come close to fielding a roster of 51 NFL-ready players.

He was pointing out that the money Tyrod is getting is what a Bridge QB gets in the NFL.

25th in passing yards, 1-6 vs .500 teams, and pantsed by Tanny and Fitz are my faves though.

Fact is Tyrod isn't making that much, has a small cap hit, and we can release him after three years. I have no idea why people think it's "too expensive", he'll make significantly more on the open market.

People don't care about facts, they just want numbers to back up how they feel.

25th in passing yards, 1-6 vs .500 teams, and pantsed by Tanny and Fitz are my faves though.

Youre really something else. "Pantsed" by Tanny and Fitz. You mean our DEFENSE was "pantsed" by Tanny and Fitz.

In 3 games vs the Jets/Fins Tyrod averaged:

322 all purpose yards per game

And TOTALED 8TD 1INT

If you call that getting "pantsed" you need to go watch another sport.

In those 3 games our defense gave up 37 points, 28 points, and 34 points.

Edited by bobobonators