Patriots offered 1st for Cooks

Dianna Russini‏Verified account @diannaESPN 24m24 minutes ago

The New England Patriots are considering trading Malcolm Butler to the New Orleans Saints for Brandin Cooks per sources

Spotrac‏Verified account @spotrac 21m21 minutes ago

Trading Malcolm Butler leaves no dead cap to the #Patriots. He would bring a $3.91M tender & a $13M+ market value to the #Saints.

I wasn't aware they had tendered Butler.

Of course, if the Saints want long term cap I'm pretty sure a one year tender doesn't give them that. In fact I think it increases the cap hit this year & then they have to pay through the nose to keep him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That offense needs deep speed. Once Gronk went down they had no one to stretch the field.

I am actually surprised that they did not go after goodwin. They like to take our former players and then have them be a thorn in our side twice a year. Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Wow...

As the years go by I hate them just as much but their failing to win it all is less important now that their legacy is cemented.

There's no "I don't want them to be the greatest" angst. They are. And they keep getting better.

Which afford the opportunity for someone else to make a name and beat them when it matters in the playoffs!

Wow...

As the years go by I hate them just as much but their failing to win it all is less important now that their legacy is cemented.

There's no "I don't want them to be the greatest" angst. They are. And they keep getting better.

Which afford the opportunity for someone else to make a name and beat them when it matters in the playoffs!

It's still big for me...which is kinda sad....NE not winning the SB is what my NFL season has turned into.....

It's still big for me...which is kinda sad....NE not winning the SB is what my NFL season has turned into.....

Well me too in a way, it's just different.

Before I didn't want them to be able to say they were the best ever. I didn't want it to be true so it meant a lot more to me. I will never forgive Matt Ryan or the Falcons. In fact, I would love them to go to 4-5 Super Bowls (not consecutive) and lose them all, preferably in the same type of heart wrenching fashion.

Then, when he's 42, Matt Ryan will FINALLY lead the Falcons back for his 5th shot. Everyone will want to see the old timer FINALLY get one.

And the Bills will crush Atlanta 52-3 to claim their 2nd straight SB, and will be the new hated dynasty.....

:)