WWE/Professional Wrestling

Bray Wyatt

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

WTF?!??! LOL  First the guy had trouble even taking his shirt off, second he throws punches like my 3 year old :lol:

Edit: Come to think of it, he takes his shirt off like my 3 year old too

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, Bray Wyatt said:

Rumor has it they have give me, I mean Bray, a lot of ownership over this character. One of the best debuts ever!

The only thing I liked about Bray Wyatt's old character was the fact that his real-life brother is Bo Dallas. (Bo bugs the everloving ***** out of my wife, which makes him awesome in my book). I always thought Bray was super talented on the mic, but I just didn't get the character. It seemed way too scattered.

This version, though -- I think it could be one of creative's biggest home-run makeovers since Mean Mark Calaway. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves. I think he's going to squash Rollins to win the title at Survivor Series. It won't quite be a Goldberg-Lesnar squash, but close.

Edited by Golden Goat

• 5 weeks later...

Watched both AEW Dynamite and NXT last night.

I like where AEW is going with their show. It was different while still being a darned entertaining wrestling show, especially with some of the little throwbacks to the better days of WCW (entrance ramp interviews, etc.). I'm also now a MJF mark. He's a fantastic douchebag.

NXT won the night for me, though. Those were some amazing matches, and nothing was going to top both Balor and Ciampa returning.

The real question is which show will be better 2 months from now.

Edited by Koko78

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Watched both AEW Dynamite and NXT last night.

I like where AEW is going with their show. It was different while still being a darned entertaining wrestling show, especially with some of the little throwbacks to the better days of WCW (entrance ramp interviews, etc.). I'm also now a MJF mark. He's a fantastic douchebag.

NXT won the night for me, though. Those were some amazing matches, and nothing was going to top both Balor and Ciampa returning.

The real question is which show will be better 2 months from now.

Agreed, nxt has been built and has stories and characters were all familiar with, aew is just starting, need to give it time to see what they build. I do know that this is good news for wrestling fans

I haven't watched this stuff in probably ten years, but I caught the opening of that AEW show late last night after watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  My god, Jim Ross has gotten old and horrible.  From his very first words where he didn't even know the name of the arena, it seemed like he had no idea who most of the wrestlers were, booting names left and right.  I can't picture him lasting long if he stays like that.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I haven't watched this stuff in probably ten years, but I caught the opening of that AEW show late last night after watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  My god, Jim Ross has gotten old and horrible.  From his very first words where he didn't even know the name of the arena, it seemed like he had no idea who most of the wrestlers were, booting names left and right.  I can't picture him lasting long if he stays like that.

I only saw a short clip from one of the run ins and I had no idea he was doing the announcing, seemed weird that it wasn't with WWE

11 hours ago, shrader said:

He was pretty good in the first episode.

I know there was a lot of criticism from the first few AEW PPVs that he was not putting in the work to familiarize himself with the wrestlers.

15 hours ago, Koko78 said:

He was pretty good in the first episode.

I know there was a lot of criticism from the first few AEW PPVs that he was not putting in the work to familiarize himself with the wrestlers.

That was the impression I got from him, that he didn't really know who a few these wrestlers are.  It's not a great way to sell a new product.  I hope it is just that and not a health thing.  Booting the arena name makes me wonder though.  I'm sure I'm in a very small minority that actually noticed that since I was a season ticket holder in that building for about 10 years, but he wasn't even close.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I cant believe they ***** put a 50 year old goldberg to beat the fiend

That's the state of wrestling in 2020.

It is so bad.

I feel bad for the people who weren't around to see the product from 1997-2004. 

Wrestling was great during that time period and Monday Night RAW was TRULY "can't miss" TV.

I have always said that if you wanted to get a boost in the product, they should have made John Cena a nasty heel, but that time has passed and wrestling has become as useless as used toilet paper.

All you need to know about how bad the product is.... is them dusting off Goldberg and having him beat one of the few WWE Superstars who are actually passable in Bray Wyatt.