Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

"When he was running for president in 2000, Vice President Al Gore told the NAACP that his father, Senator Al Gore Sr., had lost his Senate seat because he voted for the Civil Rights Act. Uplifting story — except it’s false. Gore Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act. He lost in 1970 in a race that focused on prayer in public schools, the Vietnam War, and the Supreme Court. Al Gore’s reframing of the relevant history is the story of the Democratic party in microcosm. The party’s history is pockmarked with racism and terror. The Democrats were the party of slavery, black codes, Jim Crow, and that miserable terrorist excrescence, the Ku Klux Klan. Republicans were the party of Lincoln, Reconstruction, anti-lynching laws, and the civil rights acts of 1875, 1957, 1960, and 1964. Were all Republicans models of rectitude on racial matters? Hardly. Were they a heck of a lot better than the Democrats? Without question."

Won't even mention KKK "Grand Cyclops" Robert Byrd.

Edited by richstadiumowner

• 2 weeks later...

More on a known "hate group"

CHARLES MURRAY EDITS THE SPLC

The Southern Poverty Law Center has become a scam operating as a left-wing hate cult.

A 2014 Washington Times editorial nails it. I don’t think the SPLC has made a constructive contribution to anything in a long time, but it has played a particularly malign and malicious role in the case of Charles Murray. He has let it go until now; now he talks back.

• 2 weeks later...

The fight back against liberal hate continues..................

FAIR To IRS: Remove Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) Tax Exempt Status.

“Any honest examination of this record can only lead to the conclusion that the SPLC was engaged in on-going prohibited political activity.” I think a lot of “nonprofit” groups are vulnerable on this front, and have simply relied on cover from a friendly IRS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In a ruling delivered on Monday, the US Supreme Court concluded that North Carolina was racially motivated, without proper cause, when lawmakers redrew the state map for congressional districts.

The North Carolina case dealt with two districts in particular. Republican lawmakers in the state, after the 2010 census, had redrawn the map to add more black voters into Districts 1 and 12. Lower courts concluded that race was a predominant factor in the redrawing of these districts, without a compelling interest that would justify heavily taking race into account.

The Supreme Court, in a 5-3 decision written by Justice Elena Kagan, agreed, concluding that North Carolina violated the Equal Protections Clause of the 14th Amendment by separating voters in different districts on the basis of race without “sufficient justification” for doing so.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/22/15676250/supreme-court-racial-gerrymandering-north-carolina

Good job Portland. Nail those culturally inappropriate burrito bitches' asses to the wall!

http://nypost.com/2017/05/24/burrito-shop-closes-after-being-accused-of-cultural-appropriation/

This is so infuriating. Once again the left lets you know their thoughts on women: You need to shut up, shut down, get an abortion and obey your political masters, you insignificant bitches.

I am no closer to understanding "cultural appropriation". Most of the examples of this heinous practice seem to promote tolerance and understanding. Its tougher to hate people of different ethnic backgrounds and cultures while loving their food, customs, or fashion. I guess I'm racially and pigmentally incapable of understanding the errors of my Caucasian ways.

I am no closer to understanding "cultural appropriation". Most of the examples of this heinous practice seem to promote tolerance and understanding. Its tougher to hate people of different ethnic backgrounds and cultures while loving their food, customs, or fashion. I guess I'm racially and pigmentally incapable of understanding the errors of my Caucasian ways.

You're no closer to understanding it because you're a rational human being who makes an effort to think instead of having emotional reactions to what other people do, say, or the manner in which they choose to present themselves.

:beer:

You're no closer to understanding it because you're a rational human being who makes an effort to think instead of having emotional reactions to what other people do, say, or the manner in which they choose to present themselves.

:beer:

Yeah yeah yeah but am I able to put tomatoes in my cassoulet or not??

And there you go culturally appropriating "Caucasian" from residents of the Caucasus region.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever had a job interview with a large company, walk away thinking "Wow, this place completely has its act together," only to take the job and four months in realize what a clusterphuck of a mess the company really is?

That's CA. The state is broke, the kids are horribly uneducated because of the need to accommodate kids who can't speak the language, the gangs are back in the major cities, and the homeless problem is so bad they're literally just setting up cardboard tent cities along the highways.

But hey...that bullet train is gonna kick ass when it's done.

Edited by LABillzFan

Ahhhh the old "it was just a joke" excuse. Good job CNN. BTW, last week I deleted the CNN app from my phone. It was horrible.

• 3 weeks later...

Screen-Shot-2017-06-25-at-9.08.12-AM.pngOUR LEADING HATE GROUP

The concept of a “hate group” could be useful. In practice, however, it is like the concept of “hate speech,” applied to shut down heterodox speech and confine the public square to dissemination of officially approved thought. The concepts somehow overlook the likes of the the hilariously misnamed Southern Poverty Law Center and its works, which direct something far beyond the Orwellian Two Minutes Hate to the likes of Charles Murray and Ayaan Hirsi Ali. If there is such a thing as a “hate group” — as I say, it could be a useful concept — the SPLC is it. Indeed, I think it may be our most influential hate group.

MORE AT THE LINK:

Anti-Radical-Muslim Activist Group Labeled a ‘Hate Group’ by Southern Poverty Law Center

by Erika Andersen

Maajid Nawaz runs Quilliam, a London-based organization that aims to counter jihadism and extremism around the world. Nawaz, who considers himself a former Muslim radical (and still identifies as Muslim), is now fighting back against the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which has labeled his organization a “hate group” for its strong stance against radicalism. For the record, the SPLC also put Ayaan Hirsi Ali on their list.

Nawaz has filed a lawsuit against SPLC and many are left wondering how Quilliam could have received such a label in the first place. He has admitted he feels like there already is a target on his head from certain people in the Muslim community.

Nawaz appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday to explain the controversy — and point out how well-meaning liberals are often way off the mark when it comes to their criticism. He calls it “the bigotry of low expectations,” saying that liberals fight for causes like gay rights and women’s rights in America but refuse to allow people like him to fight for those issues within their own communities. Some liberals commonly ignore the fact that gays are often murdered by being thrown off of buildings — or that countries such as Pakistan support spousal abuse.

It’s a scary shame that leftist extremists aren’t willing to take Nawaz — or Hirsi Ali — seriously. Just recently, Hirsi Ali and another anti-extremist, Asra Nomani, testified before the Senate. Nomani told Fox News that Democratic female senators refused to even look her in the eye when she addressed them about the abuse happening to women at the hands of Muslim extremists. Watch:

“Just as we are invisible to the mullahs at the mosque, we were invisible to the Democratic women in the Senate,” the two women wrote in a New York Times op-ed following the hearing, in which they were asked no questions. “When it comes to the pay gap, abortion access and workplace discrimination, progressives have much to say. But we’re still waiting for a march against honor killings, child marriages, polygamy, sex slavery or female genital mutilation.”

When will progressives join Nawaz, Hirsi Ali, and Nomani in their fight to against Islamic radicalism destroying lives around the globe?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/449004/quilliam-radical-muslim-group-hate-group-southern-poverty-law-center

• 3 weeks later...

The lying continues....................

Sure this organization just won a religious liberty case before SCOTUS 7-2, but why not have @ABC news outrageously label them a hate group?

DEkck5YUQAAg7Vd.jpg

....So, what is this “hate group”? The Alliance Defending Freedom, which represents Jack Phillips, a Colorado baker who refused to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding in 2012. And who decided that the Alliance Defending Freedom is a “hate group”? None other than the fine folks at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

• 2 weeks later...

MARK PULLIAM: A Demagogic Bully: The Southern Poverty Law Center demonizes respectable political opponents as “hate groups”—and keeps its coffers bulging.

“Ironically, the SPLC not only overlooks most of the real hate groups in operation today, along with overtly race-based organizations, such as the pro-Latino National Council of La Raza and MEChA, but also labels moderates with whom it disagrees ‘extremists’ if they deviate from its rigid political agenda, which embraces open borders, LGBT rights, and other left-wing totems.

The SPLC has branded Somali-born reformer Ayaan Hirsi Ali an “anti-Muslin extremist” for her opposition to female genital mutilation and other oppressive Islamic practices, and designated the respected Family Research Council as a ‘hate group’ for its opposition to same-sex marriage.

Likewise, the organization deems mainstream immigration-reform advocates such as the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) and Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) as hate groups. British Muslim activist Maajid Nawaz—regarded by most observers as a human rights leader—is suing the SPLC for listing him as an extremist.”

MARK PULLIAM: A Demagogic Bully: The Southern Poverty Law Center demonizes respectable political opponents as “hate groups”—and keeps its coffers bulging.

“Ironically, the SPLC not only overlooks most of the real hate groups in operation today, along with overtly race-based organizations, such as the pro-Latino National Council of La Raza and MEChA, but also labels moderates with whom it disagrees ‘extremists’ if they deviate from its rigid political agenda, which embraces open borders, LGBT rights, and other left-wing totems.

The SPLC has branded Somali-born reformer Ayaan Hirsi Ali an “anti-Muslin extremist” for her opposition to female genital mutilation and other oppressive Islamic practices, and designated the respected Family Research Council as a ‘hate group’ for its opposition to same-sex marriage.

Likewise, the organization deems mainstream immigration-reform advocates such as the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) and Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) as hate groups. British Muslim activist Maajid Nawaz—regarded by most observers as a human rights leader—is suing the SPLC for listing him as an extremist.”

I think it's time we open up a tax investigation of the SPLC. Let's put it out of business.

Guilty!

A federal judge in Arizona on Monday found former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio guilty of criminal contempt for violating an order in a racial-profiling case.

U.S. District Court Judge Susan Bolton said the evidence in the case showed a flagrant disregard for a 2011 court order that required the sheriff to stop detaining people unless they were suspected of a crime.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/31/joe-arpaio-arizona-sheriff-criminal-contempt-241181

Guilty!

A federal judge in Arizona on Monday found former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio guilty of criminal contempt for violating an order in a racial-profiling case.

U.S. District Court Judge Susan Bolton said the evidence in the case showed a flagrant disregard for a 2011 court order that required the sheriff to stop detaining people unless they were suspected of a crime.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/31/joe-arpaio-arizona-sheriff-criminal-contempt-241181

I wonder if Trump would pardon him