It is not about who is better than Tyrod, RIGHT NOW.

Everyday, I read other peoples opinion on this board. I do not post that often, I ignore mistakes in English, peoples incorrect conclusions, and just plain stupid ideas on who to sign, who to trade, and general Monday morning quarterbacking. I stop reading and or participating in threads past page 15, so I dislike whiners that complain about using the search function and starting new threads on threads that are too long and worn out.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyday, I read other peoples opinion on this board. I do not post that often, I ignore mistakes in English, peoples incorrect conclusions, and just plain stupid ideas on who to sign, who to trade, and general Monday morning quarterbacking. I stop reading and or participating in threads past page 15, so I dislike whiners that complain about using the search function and starting new threads on threads that are too long and worn out.

OK

You're so right, I'm not a part of that INside joke, not a part of your INcrowd, I'm INcredibly INsulted. Oh man.. it is funny. Wow

Don't bother with a search.......it was never funny. Inside joke between a TSW subculture of not-funny nerds. Tedious nerdery. :rolleyes:

Thick skin, johnny. Dont let um get to ya!

It really is Johnny ? That was fast

So 10 threads on the same thing so you don't have to read past page 15 ?

Sounds INteresting.

Don't bother with a search.......it was never funny. Inside joke between a TSW subculture of not-funny nerds. Tedious nerdery. :rolleyes:

Ok Mcconnaughey. You're the coolest

At shaming Lesean McCoy for 2 years in a row.

So the take here demanding a new thread is that:

1. Tyrod is not the guy.

2. The guy may be in the draft.

3.) But that guy may not make an immediate impact.

4.) So therefore keep drafting QBs until we find the guy.

5.) But in the meantime, cut Tyrod because he's not the guy, even though the guy is not immediately apparent.

6.) And there's no way we can continue with Tyrod while on a parallel track bringing up a drafted QB?

Dazzling take, really well done.

If this is the same Kelly from the BBMB, this thread is mild compared to some he had. He hates TT.

For the OP-players like McCoy will not want to stay here for a tank or whatever you call it.

Many keep asking this "Who is better out there right now" but that really isnt the issue. Who can we get that in a year or three can be that QB who can take us where we want to go and that is a Superbowl and win? Who is out there who can become our Franchise QB.

We do NOT, have to do a rebuild with a rookie QB. We will improve on Defense just by McDermott's coaching and system. We have the #1 running game which, with out Taylor, might drop to 3rd? So what if it drops to 7th or 8th?

We have tried to retool with backup QB's and pass them off as franchise guys for 20 years, take a step back to possibly leap forward. And if the guy in this draft isn't it, keep drafting. It is past time to implement this and start trying to find our Franchise QB, and Tyrod Taylor is NOT it.

Agreed. And your emphasis is in the right place. Down the road a year or three ... exactly. When we might possibly be good enough if things go well to start challenging for a title.

And I agree Tyrod isn't it.

Keep Tyrod and draft a QB in the first round. That's what i would do

If you can get Tyrod to re-negotiate - and not just change the cap numbers but actually lessen the front-loaded nature of the contract and/or lessen the guarantees - then it's a reasonable path. If he won't do that, one year for $30.5 million or two years for $40.5 million simply, all of it guaranteed if he's on the roster in March of each of the two years, .... absolutely is too much money for a bridge quarterback.

Most particularly so on a team in serious cap trouble due to GM cap over-spending.

If this is the same Kelly from the BBMB, this thread is mild compared to some he had. He hates TT.

For the OP-players like McCoy will not want to stay here for a tank or whatever you call it.

If players like McCoy don't have the long term interest of the team in mind, it's probably because that's not what they're paid for.

Besides, I can pretty much guarantee he's not in the team photo when we win the SB.

Sal tweeted pretty damning stats on Tyrod earlier today. For your reading pleasure.

https://twitter.com/salsports/status/838071222063742976

Nothing there that hasn't been addressed/debunked.

The Bills had the NFL's worst receiving corps and it's worst designed pass game. When Woods and Watkins finally got healthier Taylor heated up but most of the season the WR corps was utter garbage.

The "teams were loaded up to defense the run" talk is not accurate.......they really could NOT stack against the run in part because they usually had to employ a spy well off the ball on Taylor.....and could not penetrate gaps for fear of creating a broken field play opportunity which Taylor and his backs could exploit for huge gain.

This allowed the OL to get into their relatively slow developing blocks and the Bills RB's to lead the NFL in yards before contact.

Defenses also had to be wary of the deep ball so they had to keep a safety high and CB's couldn't squat on routes like they once did at the end of Fitz' time in Buffalo.......without a healthy or legit 50/50 deep ball winning kinda' target for almost an entire season a lot of the throws Tyrod was attempting were comebacks along the sideline to players like the minuscule target with a small catch radius, Marquis Goodwin or a plethora of other players not good enough to make top 6 spots elsewhere like Powell, Tate and Hunter. Hence the drop in ypa from 8 to 6.9 over the course of two seasons.

In the finale versus the Jets, Bills fans got a glimpse of what this rush attack looks like without Taylor......gaps shot by the D, knifing thru the Bills lumbering OL......McCoy and MG stymied in the backfield as the defense stops the run on the way to the QB versus an OL not well suited for pass protection.

But hey, perhaps some believe the Bills OL is better at run blocking than a Dallas unit with 3 dominant first rounders and that guys like Mike Gillislee and Karlos Williams the past two seasons are on par with all-time greats based on their ridiculous ypc and TD numbers. :rolleyes:

Were bad receivers open that Taylor didn't throw to? Yes. But the offense was putting the ball into the end zone and with one of the league's worst defenses and a poor special teams unit....there was virtually zero margin for error wrt turnovers so the cautious Taylor was doubly careful this season.

Perhaps if the run dominant attack wasn't producing the 7th best scoring unit in Taylor's starts then a lot more chances are taken in the passing game but you can't throw a TD pass on a drive when you've already run it into the end zone.....touchdown, drive over....thems the rules. :beer:

Edited by #BADOL

Nothing there that hasn't been addressed/debunked.

The Bills had the NFL's worst receiving corps and it's worst designed pass game. When Woods and Watkins finally got healthier Taylor heated up but most of the season the WR corps was utter garbage.

The "teams were loaded up to defense the run" talk is not accurate.......they really could NOT stack against the run in part because they usually had to employ a spy well off the ball on Taylor.....and could not penetrate gaps for fear of creating a broken field play opportunity which Taylor and his backs could exploit for huge gain.

This allowed the OL to get into their relatively slow developing blocks and the Bills RB's to lead the NFL in yards before contact.

Defenses also had to be wary of the deep ball so they had to keep a safety high and CB's couldn't squat on routes like they once did at the end of Fitz' time in Buffalo.......without a healthy or legit 50/50 deep ball winning kinda' target for almost an entire season a lot of the throws Tyrod was attempting were comebacks along the sideline to players like the minuscule target with a small catch radius, Marquis Goodwin or a plethora of other players not good enough to make top 6 spots elsewhere like Powell, Tate and Hunter. Hence the drop in ypa from 8 to 6.9 over the course of two seasons.

In the finale versus the Jets, Bills fans got a glimpse of what this rush attack looks like without Taylor......gaps shot by the D, knifing thru the Bills lumbering OL......McCoy and MG stymied in the backfield as the defense stops the run on the way to the QB versus an OL not well suited for pass protection.

But hey, perhaps some believe the Bills OL is better at run blocking than a Dallas unit with 3 dominant first rounders and that guys like Mike Gillislee and Karlos Williams the past two seasons are on par with all-time greats based on their ridiculous ypc and TD numbers. :rolleyes:

Were bad receivers open that Taylor didn't throw to? Yes. But the offense was putting the ball into the end zone and with one of the league's worst defenses and a poor special teams unit....there was virtually zero margin for error wrt turnovers so the cautious Taylor was doubly careful this season.

Perhaps if the run dominant attack wasn't producing the 7th best scoring unit in Taylor's starts then a lot more chances are taken in the passing game but you can't throw a TD pass on a drive when you've already run it into the end zone.....touchdown, drive over....thems the rules. :beer:

Thank You.. We will have a decision on Tyrod this week, I hope we restructure his contract and he stays. He was not the problem last year, not by a long shot. Sheeple following Vic? No, no, no... dilute the kool aid.

Many keep asking this "Who is better out there right now" but that really isnt the issue. Who can we get that in a year or three can be that QB who can take us where we want to go and that is a Superbowl and win? Who is out there who can become our Franchise QB.

We do NOT, have to do a rebuild with a rookie QB. We will improve on Defense just by McDermott's coaching and system. We have the #1 running game which, with out Taylor, might drop to 3rd? So what if it drops to 7th or 8th?

We have tried to retool with backup QB's and pass them off as franchise guys for 20 years, take a step back to possibly leap forward. And if the guy in this draft isn't it, keep drafting. It is past time to implement this and start trying to find our Franchise QB, and Tyrod Taylor is NOT it.

I mostly agree. Taylor is probably not the guy to lead us to the promised land and we need to keep looking.

And yet I want to keep Taylor. I believe the way to build a winning team is to play the best player you can find at every position. TT is the best QB we have. Until he gets beat out, the position is his.

And, sadly, if you look at our history at the QB position, it seems to tell us that the odds are we won't find a better QB anytime soon.

QB is so important, I think we have to keep Taylor but at the same time keep drafting QBs until we find his replacement. As an organization, we just haven't spent enough draft capital on the QB position over the years and that needs to change.