BBMB brief orientation...

SDS

I would like to chime in on a few things as well...first and foremost, welcome to all the DPs (displaced persons)! I've been here for many many years and it's a home to me, and truly a community that I care deeply about. The definition of community is a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage. I ask the new members to keep that in mind, be respectful, take some time to find your niche...there are a wide variety of people here, serious Xs and Os folks, wise guys, news breakers, really smart people, witty bastards, young and old...oh and the occasional trolls and stojan stirrers. Take some time and observe interactions, plenty of sarcasm around here so be forewarned and hopefully amused. Visit off the wall to learn some cool stuff about UFO's on the ocean floor, women people are hot for, commentary on The Walking Dead, or admit as to why you are a horrible human being, and finally, dare if you must, go to PPP Bonus tip, don't forget to hover over links...it might just send you to a Peter Pan freak show.

The moderating team is objective and fair, and outright banning is not business as usual, we try not play favorites, be respectful (no name calling, etc) and let us get to know you, as we get to know you. Warning points can be given and taken away as well...depending on behavior. To be honest, this place has a lot of self moderating and that makes it a great community. Make use of the "report" button, it's pretty helpful to us, much better than sending a PM to individual mods.

Have fun, make yourself at home...and welcome, this really is a great community of folks!

NG

Thanks for educating, but more for making me laugh!

How is this site funded? There has to be some expense. My college hoops site has "supporting members" which is dirt cheap annually per person ($12/year?), and totally voluntary. I'd be happy to participate in that way if it makes sense. More curious than anything.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyslexic or not, you need to admit that was a bit of a challenge to read.

Again, with all due respect, if you'd been around here you'd know exactly what all of that meant. We won't hold it against you for being new. Don't hold it against us for you being new. Deal? :)

Other info......

If you are ever trying to get on the board and it says the server is down, just start screaming "That dam Rosen!". Or if your airlines computers are down so they can't fly, that's a Rosen also. Or if your power is out, Rosen again.

And another "Scott, if I may..."

FYI, for all you BBMB boat-people, there's a customer service board here. If you have any questions about how this board works (including moderation policy), it's better to post them there than on the main board. Mostly because if one of you has a question, someone else probably does too, and it'll be easier everyone to find the answer if questions are all co-located on the customer service board rather than randomly interspersed in football posts on the main board.

:o Tom's being nice? Or is this all part of his master plan to get more victims participants in PPP? (Note to the newbies, if Tom is bothering you, just mention how great the movie March Of The Penguins is, or that Rebecca Blacks song Friday is the greatest weekend song ever)

3. On the old BBMB, you could not create a thread during game time. All threads would be merged to the gameday thread, even if they had nothing to do with the game. I hope that doesn't happen here....

We do frown upon people starting threads that are all game related while the game is on. They are either locked or merged with the official Game Day thread. This is on a case by case basis, not automatic.