Nathan Peterman

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more concerned about the mental aspect and vision where he's very strong. We're not running a vertical offense where arm is as important.

Yeah ,short memory of a recent QB ,who could not throw the deep ball. So they just played up on us ,more in the box. Gotta have arm strength in Buff.

Yeah ,short memory of a recent QB ,who could not throw the deep ball. So they just played up on us ,more in the box. Gotta have arm strength in Buff.

Fitz wasn't accurate, that's what his biggest problem was.

Any NFL QB can't throw it at least 50 yards in the air, where it's placed is the important part.

Pittsburgh has pretty harsh weather as well....

Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_draft_2017_meet_the_qb_that_ron_jaworski_says.html

@seniorbowlphil

Nate fits West Coast offensive system better than some of the guys rated above him, needs to get to right team. Quick eyes, arm and feet.

I've watched game film of 4 QBs so far this season. I've still got to go watch Kizer who I wrote off after seeing him play live (briefly). But I like Peterman better than Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. His arm strength is certainly a question and I think he fits a WC or other offense with mostly quick throws much more so than Buffalo's vertical passing game, but he's the only one I really like above the shoulders. He's definitely not Derek Carr, he is more Andy Dalton.

Edited to add: Just watched Kizer's game against Stanford. I didn't think there was any way he could've been as bad as I remembered. He is. He's just abysmal. Tons of physical ability, but zero feel for the game. Its incomprehensible that he could have that much talent and be so bad.

Edited by BarleyNY

He's got as good a chance as any in this class, I think. I'd take him in the 4th or later.

He's got good feet and pocket movement. Seems like a good leader and competitor. I question his accuracy, decision making, and ball protection, though. Would the Bills be committed enough to develop him properly? Probably not.

I'd rather they not waste a pick on any QB this year. They'll most likely be in position to take a guy like Josh Allen or Luke Falk next year.

I've watched game film of 4 QBs so far this season. I've still got to go watch Kizer who I wrote off after seeing him play live (briefly). But I like Peterman better than Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. His arm strength is certainly a question and I think he fits a WC or other offense with mostly quick throws much more so than Buffalo's vertical passing game, but he's the only one I really like above the shoulders. He's definitely not Derek Carr, he is more Andy Dalton.

NFL.com's draft profile has his pro comp as Kirk Cousins. You like that!?!?!