Just Pumping Some Gas

TSNBDSC

They're lucky they weren't at a full service station and sitting in the car. Did a NYS law change this year allowing for the hands-free auto-shutoff pump handle flap thingy? It used to be disabled on pump handles in NYS, but it worked in NJ.

They're lucky they weren't at a full service station and sitting in the car. Did a NYS law change this year allowing for the hands-free auto-shutoff pump handle flap thingy? It used to be disabled on pump handles in NYS, but it worked in NJ.

I think NJ and Oregon are the only states with no self-serve. Auto pump I think would be allowed, can't have an attendant for every vehicle that shows up!

Some stations have them, some don't.

Some stations have them, some don't.

Actually a good thing, not having them. Keeps people from re-entering vehicle. That can be bad with static build up and varying ambient conditions (humidity, etc...). I always touch metal part of vehicle before fueling.

I know... Safety nerd. And half the time, the auto thingy makes a terrible mess. Not having them, I can see, gets people to pay attention and not become too desensitized to what is taking place.

I won't hesitate to scold a smoker. Yes, people do smoke around pumps! :-( I usually say: "I really don't care if you blow up, just do it after I leave."

The dumb looks I get @ the lock when I say to a pleasure boater they can't lock through with 7,000 tons of Hazmat fertilizer, gasoline, jet fuel, etc... Something lights up because of their vessel or human stupidity, I think 20 city blocks is a little more important then them waiting an hour! Having hazmat barges stop and wait is like having a ticking bomb in the city. You can control one boat and crew, get them out in an emergency... But good luck with 50 different idiots alongside said Hazmat vessel. ;-)

Anyway... Good thing these guys had wits about them. You saw the second guy attempt to go between pump and vehicle, yet have second thoughts jumping over hose and made correct choice and beat it the other way! Would have been a real tragedy if there was a child strapped into a car seat!

Ugh. Is it just me or are these gifs and imgs kinda not right here? Image board and imgur are where this is. And it metriculates to the failbook. Don't need it here.

It's just you.