The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

And traditional media wonder why nobody trusts them anymore.............Hmmmm.

ABC’s Alex Mallin shared a piece calling into question Rep. John Radcliffe’s link to an anti-terrorism financing case which he has apparently used as a key credential in being picked for Trump’s intelligence director.

And gosh, this would indeed be a big deal … if it were true. But it doesn’t sound like it is.

Sean Davis called Mallin out:

Not good, ABC. Not good at all.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/07/30/didnt-even-bother-to-contact-him-sean-davis-rips-abcs-alex-mallin-a-new-one-for-bogus-piece-on-rep-john-radcliffe/

• Like (+1) 2

“WITHOUT EVIDENCE”

One of the left’s favorite tricks is to assert that a conservative has said something “without evidence.” The formula has become ritual, but usually it just means that the liberal employing it has no idea whether the conservative’s statement is correct, and is too lazy to try to find out. An entertaining instance comes from InstaPundit. Kyle Griffin is with MSNBC:

Screen-Shot-2019-07-30-at-6.39.02-PM.png....

Which drew this response on Twitter:

Screen-Shot-2019-07-30-at-6.40.52-PM.png

Glenn Reynolds comments:

“Without evidence” now translates as “I hate Trump and I don’t want it to be true, but I’m not actually going to check because I’m too lazy and hate-filled to do actual journalism.”

Exit question: Do you think Trump made the statement because he expected this sort of reaction?

I would say the truth is somewhat worse. President Trump knows whether he was at Ground Zero, and his saying he was there is evidence. Now, an MSNBC left-winger might arbitrarily choose to disbelieve him, but that disbelief is without evidence.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

SHARYL ATTKISSON: When polls shape opinion rather than measure it.

While looking into this phenomenon in 2016, I contacted a number of polling groups. I knew that they “weight” and adjust their samples to make them reflect certain demographics of the U.S. population. In simple terms, if their sample ends up with too many young people, they assign greater weight to responses from older people. The methods they use to do so vary and are arcane, to say the least. For example, ABC states that it “adopted iterative weighting, also known as raking or rim weighting, in which the sample is weighted sequentially to Census targets one variable at a time, continuing until the optimum distribution is achieved.”

But one of the most interesting things I learned had to do with one big factor for which they typically don’t “weight” or adjust. It’s one that I think is arguably among the most important when it comes to polls measuring political issues: political affiliation. In other words, the national pollsters I spoke with told me that if they end up interviewing significantly more Democrats than Republicans — which is often the case — they don’t necessarily adjust the results to try to make the sample reflective of the U.S. voting population.

“I wonder why that is?” he asked rhetorically.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Russian bots are out to get Kamala! 

:lol: 

Never change, establishment DNC. 

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The "SAVE KAMALA" memo has gone out...................................

It's just further proof that Kamala picked Hillary's people to run her campaign. 

Big mistake, Senator. Huge.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Here's a real - time example of how Trump uses Twitter: 

(Knowing that the tweet happened after the break in, he chums the waters knowing someone will take the bait... and:)

The responses to that tweet are something else. People really do have some severe mental illnesses over President Trump. TDS is real, and magnified on twitter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Here's a real - time example of how Trump uses Twitter: 

(Knowing that the tweet happened after the break in, he chums the waters knowing someone will take the bait... and:

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The responses to that tweet are something else. People really do have some severe mental illnesses over President Trump. TDS is real, and magnified on twitter.

Well, there is only ONE explanation you guys.

Trump broke into Cummings house himself....................knowing he would tweet about Baltimore the next day !

• Haha (+1) 3

MEET THE TALKING POINTS

Yesterday on Meet the Press host (and NBC political director) Chuck Todd channeled the Democratic Party talking points of the hour as he sought to attribute blame for the El Paso massacre to President Trump. Trump chief of staff Mick Mulvaney was on hand to represent the administration. The look on Mulvaney’s face when Todd turned to him said it all (video below).

Todd posed a political accusation as something like a self-evident truth: “You don’t accept the fact that the president’s rhetoric has been a contributing factor at all?”

Todd warmed up for another question with a tendentious argument: “In fairness [sic], the president has spent the last month on Twitter stoking racial resentment. You can try to rationalize…”

Todd yammered about the “gun show loophole.” What did it have to with the El Paso (or Dayton) massacre? Todd was replaying a Democratic talking point that has now achieved the status of a golden oldie.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/08/meet-the-talking-points.php

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1