The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I mean -- I understand misspeaking on air while reading a prompter, but I don't know how you mistakenly say a hard N when you're trying for a soft LA. 

MSNBC in a nutshell. 

It sounds like "Nakers" to me. I would suggest everyone re-watch it with that in mind. You may change your mind...or you may not.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

It sounds like "Nakers" to me. I would suggest everyone re-watch it with that in mind. You may change your mind...or you may not.

I'm wondering if people really hear what they want to hear.  Or if this is one of those things that was like the gold dress vs. whatever color other people saw (I swear it was gold).  I know there was an audio thing just like that, as well.

I had a couple at my house tonight.  She's half white/half Hispanic.  He's half Hispanic/half black.  We were actually talking about the n word for some crazy other reason.............And, I said as long as we're on the subject, what do you guys here.  The wife said Nakers.  The husband swore he heard the n word.............A black friend posted on FB totally convinced she said the n word, too. 

I've seen black people on twitter saying Naker, though.  So, could it be the craziest audio difference in people's ears ever?   

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, bbb said:

I'm wondering if people really hear what they want to hear.  Or if this is one of those things that was like the gold dress vs. whatever color other people saw (I swear it was gold).  I know there was an audio thing just like that, as well.

I had a couple at my house tonight.  She's half white/half Hispanic.  He's half Hispanic/half black.  We were actually talking about the n word for some crazy other reason.............And, I said as long as we're on the subject, what do you guys here.  The wife said Nakers.  The husband swore he heard the n word.............A black friend posted on FB totally convinced she said the n word, too. 

I've seen black people on twitter saying Naker, though.  So, could it be the craziest audio difference in people's ears ever?   

yanny

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How does a guy who was paid MILLION$ by Ukrainian gas companies not pay child support?

Forget child support.  How does a guy who fathers an illegitimate child while doing blow off the dancer's %&^^ get a multi-million dollar gig in an industry he's never worked in? 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/26/2020 at 2:58 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

I mean -- I understand misspeaking on air while reading a prompter, but I don't know how you mistakenly say a hard N when you're trying for a soft LA. 

MSNBC in a nutshell. 

Such a soft talker,  I didn't hear Yanni or Laurel.

WTF - that I heard (in my best Seinfeld voice)

• Haha (+1) 1