Greg Olsen's Brother Arrrested For Rape.

#34fan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/college-quarterback-brother-nfl-star-223309679.html

Hope the young woman gets the help she needs.

DAD'S PLEASE HAVE THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOUR YOUNG SONS!

Greg Olsen was no choir boy at the U.......certainly would be heavily red-flagged coming into the league now.

I was at a loss for words when he was up for the Walter Payton Man of the Year award..........but it happens......people often straighten themselves out in time.

It's a challenge for some parents having these overgrown kids that get dangerous before they get any sense/control of themselves.

Greg Olsen was no choir boy at the U.......certainly would be heavily red-flagged coming into the league now.

I was at a loss for words when he was up for the Walter Payton Man of the Year award..........but it happens......people often straighten themselves out in time.

It's a challenge for some parents having these overgrown kids that get dangerous before they get any sense/control of themselves.

A good starting point is teaching young men what to walk away from.... A girl that's too drunk to stand, needs a cab, and call to her closest relative... Period.

A good starting point is teaching young men what to walk away from.... A girl that's too drunk to stand, needs a cab, and call to her closest relative... Period.

This guy allegedly seemed to have more issues than simply not knowing "what to walk away from". It's probably especially difficult to teach a young man these kinds of things when he likely feels privileged. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get out of it. He is innocent until proven guilty, but a innocent verdict wouldn't shock me in the slightest. This is part of the reason some of these spoiled college guys do these awful things. It's about power, and testing boundaries that they have always been able to push. PS Regardless of what kind of guy Greg Olsen was younger, I still hate stories like this. I don't see why the media feels the need to drag someone's name through the mud for the problems of their family members. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Yeah was thinking about that, if the vote was still to come, I'm pretty certain he would have got even less votes than whatever total he did get.

Kind of had an issue with his whole nomination. Don't recall the details, but he got into whatever charity it was because of his own sick child was effected, yes he went well beyond his own child, but comparing to Eli and Fitz, they did what they did just to do good.

Yeah was thinking about that, if the vote was still to come, I'm pretty certain he would have got even less votes than whatever total he did get.

Kind of had an issue with his whole nomination. Don't recall the details, but he got into whatever charity it was because of his own sick child was effected, yes he went well beyond his own child, but comparing to Eli and Fitz, they did what they did just to do good.

There's probably a conversation dad's need to have with their daughters too.

Perhaps one about not being naive, and putting yourself in tight situations?

"No means no", In my opinion, ignores the reality of a 250lb college football player locked in a dorm room with a 100lb girl fresh out of high school.

"No means no", In my opinion, ignores the reality of a 250lb college football player locked in a dorm room with a 100lb girl fresh out of high school.

In some situations I'd agree, but there isn't a lot anyone can do to stop a guy with issues from flying off the handle. Fathers will never be able to teach there daughters how to have good taste in men. Sadly they hopefully live and learn. You just hope it never gets as ugly as an alleged incident like this. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

The father is a local legend in high school football world here in Jersey. Who knows what happens moving forward but the non dumpster fire Steelers employ a qb who has some highly suspect situations with young ladies.

Yes. Same thing will happen, he'll get out it. Don't think for one minute these young men don't already always know that in the back of their minds.

yes true

and, believe it or not, theres more

i had a couple experiences in college that scared the bejeebus out of me

first one was when i had this girl pick me up at closing and wanted to go home with me. i got her in my bed and she kept saying no when i went for the home plate shot. so i did what i always did in that situation, i said ok thats cool but im tired and id rather not make out indefinitely so lets just go to sleep. well the next day she was all over campus telling everybody i was a big jerk and that i had lied to her and tried to get her to have sex when she didnt want to. it was just flat out untrue but i still had ppl scolding me all day. i did what i was supposed to and i got crazy girled for it. now imagine she was just a little more unhinged and claimed finger rape or something

the other incident was at a house party i had hosted. it was wrapping up and a bunch of us were getting ready to go out to the bars and there was a group of about eight girls talking. somehow the topic came to rape and one of the girls said she was raped. well lo and behold the other girls ALL proceeded to claim they too were raped (!!!!). like what kind of bizzarro scenario would make all those girls say they were raped? perhaps they were just trying to make the first girl feel better, but you do that when somebody has a pimple NOT ABOUT FREAKIN RAPE. or did they really think they were all raped? i was now so terrified of these girls i didnt even open my mouth but that was super messed up imo

rape is one of the absolute worst crimes you can commit. but after witnessing those incidents i have a little less confidence that all rape claims are valid. thats another convo parents should have with their girls, not to play games with that highly destructive topic

yes true

and, believe it or not, theres more

i had a couple experiences in college that scared the bejeebus out of me

first one was when i had this girl pick me up at closing and wanted to go home with me. i got her in my bed and she kept saying no when i went for the home plate shot. so i did what i always did in that situation, i said ok thats cool but im tired and id rather not make out indefinitely so lets just go to sleep. well the next day she was all over campus telling everybody i was a big jerk and that i had lied to her and tried to get her to have sex when she didnt want to. it was just flat out untrue but i still had ppl scolding me all day. i did what i was supposed to and i got crazy girled for it. now imagine she was just a little more unhinged and claimed finger rape or something

the other incident was at a house party i had hosted. it was wrapping up and a bunch of us were getting ready to go out to the bars and there was a group of about eight girls talking. somehow the topic came to rape and one of the girls said she was raped. well lo and behold the other girls ALL proceeded to claim they too were raped (!!!!). like what kind of bizzarro scenario would make all those girls say they were raped? perhaps they were just trying to make the first girl feel better, but you do that when somebody has a pimple NOT ABOUT FREAKIN RAPE. or did they really think they were all raped? i was now so terrified of these girls i didnt even open my mouth but that was super messed up imo

rape is one of the absolute worst crimes you can commit. but after witnessing those incidents i have a little less confidence that all rape claims are valid. thats another convo parents should have with their girls, not to play games with that highly destructive topic

Too many people seem to think that all crimes are valid, they are not. Innocent people get in trouble in trouble everyday. You give good examples of scary incidents. There are too many he said she said things these days. However, if the authorities aren't hacks there are set procedures for investigating a rape. This woman did what she was supposed to do by going to the hospital afterward. The victim in the alleged Olsen incident was left with bruises and marks that would seem to confirm her story.

So I grew up in Wayne, and still live there. Greg was only 1 year older and i competed against him multiple times. I can honestly say compared to the rest of his family, he is the nicest person you'll ever meet. His father and his brothers are pretty much scum. However this is a truly sad story. I feel as though it's karma for the **** his father pulled a few years ago that got him fired ( he was allowed to NOT return as the football coach at Hills HS).

Since most people won't know this, a few years back during a snow storm on Halloween, multiple hills football players hospitalized 2 valley football players and left them essentially for dead in the snow (one of the two kids had broken ribs and internal bleeding). The entire thing was recorded on multiple phones and was on youtube for a decent while. The father did not sit any of the players stating if he sat them, everyone would know they were the ones involved in the incident and that would be singling them out. That decision would lead to him not only having to resign from coaching, but he was going to be the towns AD the following year. Needless to say he was removed from consideration for the position.

"The father is a local legend in high school football world here in Jersey." i think thats a pretty odd statement. His family is pretty famous, because if it wasn't for Greg the family would literally be just like every other family in the US where the coach's kid did well on a team and went to college on a full ride only to flame out on the college level. I believe Gregs brother that is 1-2 years older went to a college to be the starting QB, lost the job when a new coach came in, transferred to Miami to be with Greg, where he lost the job again, only to watch the guy at the first school break his leg which ment he would have started there.

Ahh. Persecution. W00t w00t

Olsen does a ton for the Charlotte community. Its easy to not see this in the vacuum that is Charlotte news and media. Hb2 dominates everything out of the state you'll ever hear. But Olsen and dale Jr have gave millions to the community

Ahh. Let's not just say its a blame game or say we need to be better fathers. That's just Nancy grace hysterics.

Of all this the issue that pops out quite instantly besides the inconsistent story is that there is a mental health issue and too often than not we neglect those. Mental health is much more serious than simply the crimes than derive from it.

We don't know both sides of the story. We don't know the facts. We don't know anything except that he admitted he attempted suicide. So let's focus on that. Because that's kind of a big deal.

Ahh. Persecution. W00t w00t

Olsen does a ton for the Charlotte community. Its easy to not see this in the vacuum that is Charlotte news and media. Hb2 dominates everything out of the state you'll ever hear. But Olsen and dale Jr have gave millions to the community

Ahh. Let's not just say its a blame game or say we need to be better fathers. That's just Nancy grace hysterics.

Of all this the issue that pops out quite instantly besides the inconsistent story is that there is a mental health issue and too often than not we neglect those. Mental health is much more serious than simply the crimes than derive from it.

We don't know both sides of the story. We don't know the facts. We don't know anything except that he admitted he attempted suicide. So let's focus on that. Because that's kind of a big deal.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say that I'm anti-rape. For the record, I believe rape is bad and I do not condone rape.