Did Anybody Hear Ross Tucker This Morning? ( Re Tyrod/Jones)

Bill from NYC

i think the roster peak is valkd...u have windows of opportunity and they pass

im not sure we are there yet

The reason why the Bills had a shot at the playoffs was their outstanding defensive line. The D-Line would completely take average QB's out of the game when you had Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Jerry Hughes, and Marcel Dareus.

Now Williams is old and gone, Kyle could retire, Dareus hasn't been dominant in years, and Jerry looked bad last year.

Now you go to the second level and linebackers. Lorenzo was a star in the 3-4 and will be gone, Zach Brown probably gone, and Preston and Ragland are good but probably not ideal scheme fits for the new D.

Secondary. Best player is a free agent wearing shoes about showing him the money, best safety probably done and hasn't been on the field, no other safeties to speak of and who knows which corners will thrive or be worse in a zone scheme.

I see 6 wins even if we pay Tyrod 30 million which is why I am not eager to do it.

Edited by jeffismagic

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He told of how he was on the Bills when they dumped Bledsoe and went with Losman. He went on to say that the best players on the team were furious and virtually quit on the team. They knew that there was no chance to win with Losman.

He also said that players such as Incog, Glenn, Wood, and others would do the same if Whaley cuts Tyrod and goes with CJ.

He went on to list several dumb moves by Whaley (letting go of Hogan, drafting EJ Manuel and other stupid moves). He is NOT impressed with Whaley, nor am I.

I guess any time a Bills Fan thinks that it can't get worse with this team, reality smacks us in the face.

I for one hope that we keep Tyrod and fire Whaley, who is a rank amateur and a sub-par joke of a GM. I do however hope that he keeps us posted with fashion tips. He sure knows how to dress (and destroy a football team).

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many people harp on the fact that Whaley drafted EJ. Even though he was the "assistant" GM at the time, lets assume he was responsible for the pick. The Bills needed to address the QB position because Nix ignored it for so long and EJ was one of the few options. The other was Geno who hasn't done so well with the Jets. He was forced into a very difficult position, and tried to make the best of it.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

So many people harp on the fact that Whaley drafted EJ. Even though he was the "assistant" GM at the time, lets assume he was responsible for the pick. The Bills needed to address the QB position because Nix ignored it for so long Whaley cut Fitz and EJ was one of the few options. The other was Geno who hasn't done so well with the Jets. He was forced into a very difficult position, and tried to make the best of it.

So many people harp on the fact that Whaley drafted EJ. Even though he was the "assistant" GM at the time, lets assume he was responsible for the pick. The Bills needed to address the QB position because Nix ignored it for so long and EJ was one of the few options. The other was Geno who hasn't done so well with the Jets. He was forced into a very difficult position, and tried to make the best of it.

Let's not revisit this! We have gone over EJ more than enough on this board.

That extremely poor 6.9 YPA put him 21st, not 26th, and ahead of Cam Newton (22), Eli Manning (25), Joe Flacco (27), Blake Bortles (28), and Carson Wentz (29).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt

The very good 2015 was actually 7.99 YPA, which put him 5th in the league that year.

Over his 2 years starting his YPA is 7.42, which I find more than respectable.

Actually at one point I think he had the worst YPA among starters last season but as the WR got healthy at the end the numbers climbed back up.

People try to discount the value of WR talent but the 8 game stretch without Sammy was really rough on Tyrod's ypa.......never hit 8 ypa in any game in that stretch.

Good WR aren't a dime-a-dozen like RB's.

In his final 5 games Tyrod had two games over 9 ypa and 8.4 in his last game against Miami which was the only time all season that both Sammy and Woods were "healthy".

He's very weapons reliant as a passer but he makes having deep threats worthwhile because he can utilize them.

He told of how he was on the Bills when they dumped Bledsoe and went with Losman. He went on to say that the best players on the team were furious and virtually quit on the team. They knew that there was no chance to win with Losman.

He also said that players such as Incog, Glenn, Wood, and others would do the same if Whaley cuts Tyrod and goes with CJ.

He went on to list several dumb moves by Whaley (letting go of Hogan, drafting EJ Manuel and other stupid moves). He is NOT impressed with Whaley, nor am I.

I guess any time a Bills Fan thinks that it can't get worse with this team, reality smacks us in the face.

I for one hope that we keep Tyrod and fire Whaley, who is a rank amateur and a sub-par joke of a GM. I do however hope that he keeps us posted with fashion tips. He sure knows how to dress (and destroy a football team).

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Jones will ever be an NFL starting QB I can't believe Whaley is such a stubborn moron.

I don't think Jones will ever be an NFL starting QB I can't believe Whaley is such a stubborn moron.

I don't know what to expect of Jones. He looked good in college and then he was benched. Strange, ya know?

As for Whaley, he won't last. But Bills Fans are loyal, good people and will put up with a loser like him until we are completely drained.

I don't know what to expect of Jones. He looked good in college and then he was benched. Strange, ya know?

As for Whaley, he won't last. But Bills Fans are loyal, good people and will put up with a loser like him until we are completely drained.

More naive than loyal... but only the less savvy amongst us.

IMO at the end of the day the TT discussion on this board is just covered in fear. People are afraid he will go somewhere else and be better than he was here. They are afraid that somehow the frog will turn into a prince and are more concerned with the Bills looking dumb for letting him go. i don't really see consistent evidence that he is the answer at QB. The guy can run and threw some nice deep balls TWO seasons ago. Realistically he has had one decent game as a passer here and of course it had to be in his last game as a starter, so now everyone thinks he's suddenly going to blossom into a real QB.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The love for AVG is just amazing

IMO at the end of the day the TT discussion on this board is just covered in fear. People are afraid he will go somewhere else and be better than he was here. They are afraid that somehow the frog will turn into a prince and are more concerned with the Bills looking dumb for letting him go. i don't really see consistent evidence that he is the answer at QB. The guy can run and threw some nice deep balls TWO seasons ago. Realistically he has had one decent game as a passer here and of course it had to be in his last game as a starter, so now everyone thinks he's suddenly going to blossom into a real QB.

I gotta' admit.......I am still always surprised a bit at your very poor takes.

I haven't considered for a minute what Tyrod might look like on another team.........when the discussions about keeping Tyrod started toward the end of the season it really was mainly people who just realize that the odds of the Bills getting something better right away were not good.

It's been since Jim Kelly in the mid-90's since they've had this kind of back-to-back production from a QB.......and back to the early 1990's for that kind of back-to-back years of offensive production.

Giving that up entirely to sink or swim with a rookie from a grass-green class like the 2018 draft able QB group.........or a Cardale vs. some-tomato-can-vet QB competition is pretty short sighted.