Rick Wagner an option?

BeastMode54

I think that it is a solid strategy overall but the run game isn't improving without TT. We had the highest YPC over the last 15 NFL seasons (at least through 16 games I don't know where it ended up). They aren't going to be better than that. I still suspect a top 5-10 running game.

If the Bills choose to walk away from Gilmore and TT they have quite a bit of cap space that opens. Gilmore had a cap hit of over $11M last year and Tyrod was about $7M. If you walk away from TT you take a $2.8M hit of dead cap space but open up about $13M in cap space. You can save another $3M if you walked away from Eric Wood, $3.775M if you walked away from Corey Graham and $2.4M cutting Carpenter (the easiest decision of the offseason).

The Bills have a lot of FA and have a chance to shake things up quite a bit if they choose to. They need 2 receivers, a RT, 1-2 S (depending on Aaron Williams), up to 2 QBs (depending on Tyrod), a starting CB (if Gilmore goes) and probably at least 1 starting LB (could be Zach Brown). Some of these spots may not come open depending on their re-signings but things like WR will almost certainly need 2 guys. The team will look a lot different in 2017.

I have Graham on my list for release for his cap space. I have been a fan of his, but he just appears to be showing his age and is not worth that almost 4 million. I'm just not sure who would replace him, would one of our ex players be a good fit for less money at safety, either McKelvin or Byrd? We definitely are looking at drafting a Safety in the first 3 rounds even if Williams returns.

I have Graham on my list for release for his cap space. I have been a fan of his, but he just appears to be showing his age and is not worth that almost 4 million. I'm just not sure who would replace him, would one of our ex players be a good fit for less money at safety, either McKelvin or Byrd? We definitely are looking at drafting a Safety in the first 3 rounds even if Williams returns.

I'd also bring in a vet maybe Usama Young who spent 2 years in Carolina under McDermott and likely not kill the cap to add.

Yeah safety is a really weird spot this year. Aaron Williams is a really good football player but may walk away. Even if he comes back I don't know if you can depend on him. Graham is smart and a little underrated by Bills fans IMO but he's certainly sliding back. I am with you and think you need those cap savings. Who are the other options? It's pretty thin.

There are some guys in FA and this draft is great for safeties. We may need 2 starters and still need depth. It's going to be interesting.

Watched a little bit of Wagner last night and wrote about him as well.

Really good pass blocker. Quick feet, long, times his punch well despite his hands hanging round his knees in his kick slide. Alright run blocker but struggles to sustain because he plays quite high. All in all, he makes more sense if we pass more (Dennison's recent seasons suggests we might) but I'd be capping my offer around $6-6.5m/year for him and hope that his prior relationship with Juan Castillo might give us a shot at him taking a little less to stick with someone he knows.

Living in Baltimore and watching the occasional Ravens game.. Ricky Wagner has looked very solid the times I've watched him.

If he's available he's probably the best RT on the market.

I'd pay him $8 mil/ year regardless of what happens with TT and whether extra cap space is freed up.

Looking at the dearth of OT talent in the draft .. I think the Bills would be wise to make RT #1 priority and I have no problem spending some money there.

Man, y'all have no culture :DwGSYdFV.jpg

Edited by Bocephuz