Gilly Lock in Boca? Wine and Dine with Pegs?

FireChan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think they'd drag him down there for that? I assume his agent would have said don't bother if the sides weren't kind of close.

I think that the rumor was that they offered an AAV of $10.5M in August. They can say, "we made a significantly larger offer than what was previously on the table. That offer is in line with the top paid CBs in the league." The problem is there is a tier with Norman, Revis and a couple of others that is substantially higher than the next group (the Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson group). The Bills will shoot for that tier and he will shoot for the tier above. JMO

Gilmore froze and then bent down.. it was the weirdest "try" to tackle I have ever seen. It was like he was afraid then stopped in his tracks and bent down to brace for impact. It was a horrible attempt at a tackle. He was basically a hurdle b.c he wasn't moving.

Gilly running full speed is gonna bounce off guys Graham's size. He went low and tried to wrap. Non-issue.

That's awesome. This proves he "can't tackle"?

That's like me showing this video and claiming "Best hitting corner in the NFL!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooTqWokoHps

This call still bothered me. Was a bang-bang play that got a flag thrown because it made noise.

Gilly running full speed is gonna bounce off guys Graham's size. He went low and tried to wrap. Non-issue.

This call still bothered me. Was a bang-bang play that got a flag thrown because it made noise.

Not to mention that--when the contact occurred--Sanders was at the 32-1/2 yard line, which is 1 yard away from the 33-1/2 yard line where the ball was snapped from.

Actions within 1 yard of the LOS cannot be PI.

I think that the rumor was that they offered an AAV of $10.5M in August. They can say, "we made a significantly larger offer than what was previously on the table. That offer is in line with the top paid CBs in the league." The problem is there is a tier with Norman, Revis and a couple of others that is substantially higher than the next group (the Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson group). The Bills will shoot for that tier and he will shoot for the tier above. JMO

Sure, I agree, I was just thinking if they weren't close Gilmore wouldn't be in Boca is all. Regardless of the number, I would think it's in his agent's hands until it's time to finish the contract. I thought contracts are usually signed at the front office, so I'm just trying to think why Gilmore would be down there. Maybe just a family vacation. :)

He is reportedly asking for 14 mill/yr

god i just love this song. hi fidelity, wasn't that the album?

Haha let me have some fun! I just can't stand Gilmore, he is to passive for me. Do you think a zone scheme hurts his value in Buffalo? Gilmore is better suited playing press man and not being depending on to make tackles.

maybe i'm stupid but i do not think you're accurate describing zone coverage. he has seldom seen zone coverage. not like josh norman in zone. he has had some zone but even in zone he can do what most corners can't and man press. he is phsyical and can be on the line and jam wr's whilst still doing zone.

Just feels like they want him at their number. It puts him comfortably in the top 10 highest paid. It's not an insulting offer but it's certainly on the "team friendly" end of the spectrum.

Fair enough. But probably not good enough.