5 draft picks that put us back in the playoffs.

#34fan

...Eventually... These young guys go out and OWN whatever they touch...Good or bad.. Put them on the same squad, and punch our ticket to a playoff game REAL SOON...Check out the names, and do your own research.

1. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan University, 6'3" 215lbs

Touchdowns, people... LOTS and LOTS of freakin' touchdowns... This kid is a leader and an OWNER on the field.. 300 catches, 5000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his college career. (FBS record)

Long arms, soft hands... Fights for balls in the air... electric acceleration.... Loves the slot, AND deep ball... CONS: Needs to learn a more advanced route tree, and played against lesser competition in the MAC. Nevertheless, FIRE DOUG WHALEY if this kid is still there at #11 -Too much good stuff!

2. Conor McDermot, OL, UCLA, 6'8 310lbs

Once in a blue moon an OL strikes me as being worthy of a "moderately" high pick (3rd 4th round) This year Conor McDermott is that guy... I've heard a lot of people say Conor lacks quickness, and footspeed... I disagree.... This is a kid who was formerly a TE, and a High school hoops state champion. -He can move when he needs to... He stoned Myles Garret several times in UCLA's OT loss to TA&M...(Got owned a little bit too)... Still, this kid never backed down... Not only does he have the size, but he also has that that "nasty" o-lineman edginess I think could work well with a guy like Incognito...LT or OG... Needs to develop technique, but there's a monster in there.

3. OJ Howard, TE, ALA 6'6" 251lbs

Two words: MISMATCH NIGHTMARE. - You probably won't be floored by this kid's stats... But to be fair, -he did go to Tuscaloosa... They have so many weapons and ways to destroy opposing teams, they don’t require stellar TE play.. Over a 9-game stretch in 2015, he racked up just 209 receiving yards for the Tide, yet in the 2016 National Championship Game, he grabbed five balls for 208 yards, two TD’s making him game MVP! -Nice weapon to have! Howard also excels in the area of run-blocking contrary to the beliefs of some... Grab this big-framed reliable pass-catcher, and HELP YOUR QB INSTANTLY!

4. Nate Gerry, S, NEB 6’2” 220lbs

Ok, so this kid had a few issues…. Suspensions… Ejections…. I suppose most of you had the world figured out when you were 21, but many didn’t… Gerry had his struggles, but a more intelligent, intuitive safety doesn’t exist in this draft... You get the best of both worlds with his ball-hawking , and hard-hitting style… Starting out his career as a LB gave Gerry that “quarterback of the defense” leadership mentality... On the field he leads by example… Sometimes he falls short, as all great leaders do… I hope we take a chance on Gerry, as I feel he is one of the most underrated players in College football.

5. Darreus Rogers, WR, USC 6’1” 215lbs

FEROCIOUS pass catcher… Let me say this… I typically don’t care for WR shorter than 6’2”. However, the sheer STRENGTH of this kid’s mitts adds two inches to his height… Those 50/50 balls from your young QB??? -Now 70/30 in Rogers favor… The 4.5 speed doesn’t hurt either… To all the Ju-ju Smith-Shuster fans out there, -Bah! -Rogers could easily fit into a Robert Woods-type role (Should it become necessary) and is the difference-maker you want on your squad… USC Graduate… Hearty run-blocker, Student of the position, and MITTS ALL DAY … Day 3 draft STEAL..

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis would be fine at 10. Howard probably is best picked at 15-20. They are both first round picks so unless you want to give up a second and next years number 1 they aren't getting both.

Bills only have 6 picks thanks to Whaley and Ragland.

Trade back from 10 unless Williams or one of the top 2 safeties fall to 10 (could happen if three QBs taken in top 9) and pick up an extra second round pick.

Davis would be fine at 10. Howard probably is best picked at 15-20. They are both first round picks so unless you want to give up a second and next years number 1 they aren't getting both.

I just don't see Sammy as a reliable vertical threat anymore.... The injuries have just killed us... Time to double down, Doug...

like it, calling it in now

I just don't see Sammy as a reliable vertical threat anymore.... The injuries have just killed us... Time to double down, Doug...

thats all sammy is, what he isnt is a guy to catch a crossing route or wr screen, hes too stupid to hold the ball out over the marker to get a first down when no one was around him. he just caught it and walked out of bounds a foot short of a first against miami making us go for a 4rth down near overtime, didnt think to hold the ball out or lean over the sticks when he was looking right at them.

he went down at the first sight of contact all last year to protect his injuries but still....not tough, not smart, not reliable, just a deep threat- lee evans got ran out of town with that label when evans was far more reliable then sammy has been.

Edited by re enlightener

thats all sammy is, what he isnt is a guy to catch a crossing route or wr screen, hes too stupid to hold the ball out over the marker to get a first down when no one was around him. he just caught it and walked out of bounds a foot short of a first against miami making us go for a 4rth down near overtime, didnt think to hold the ball out or lean over the sticks when he was looking right at them.

he went down at the first sight of contact all last year to protect his injuries but still....not tough, not smart, not reliable, just a deep threat- lee evans got ran out of town with that label when evans was far more reliable then sammy has been.

Not sure I agree with ALL of that, but the result is the same... Sammy is what he is... Unfortunately that's no longer bankable talent... Let's see how this foot issue shakes out in TC... -Draft Davis regardless.

Fire up the nonsense machine.

Fire up the nonsense machine.

How long should we ignore the fact that Sammy can't give us a full season?... Let's get Davis on board, and give Sammy a chance to recover.... After that, it'll just be more of a good thing.... (Assuming we have a QB)

Why all the negativity about Sammy? He has missed only a handful of games. He is a great talent. Other WR's have had the same injury and played great. He will be fine.

I would love M. Williams or Davis playing next to him. Is it a bit of insurance sure. Motivation for Sammy - yes. Also plans for the future if they can't pay for Watkins.

Why all the negativity about Sammy? He has missed only a handful of games. He is a great talent. Other WR's have had the same injury and played great. He will be fine.

I would love M. Williams or Davis playing next to him. Is it a bit of insurance sure. Motivation for Sammy - yes. Also plans for the future if they can't pay for Watkins.

A receiver with a bum foot is like a bird with a bum wing.... Neither one is going to last very long.... I hope Sammy makes a full recovery, but the injury seems persistent and nagging... Insulating ourselves against it isn't a bad idea.

We need more work than 5 rookies my friend. I would be fine with the first two picks, but there is no way in heaven above or in Hades below OJ Howard lasts until the 3rd round. If he runs a 4.45 40 yard dash, which is definitely possible, he may be off the board before we pick at #10. Also, Sammy is a LEGIT #1 WR. He's had some bad luck, but the best is yet to come. We need a strong FA and draft to contend for a spot in 2017.