Deshaun Watson a Bargain in 1st for Bills - DP

I think the thread title has a typo.

It should read: Deshaun Watson a bargain in 3rd for Bills

Forgive me if I don't want a top-100 prospect at 10. Rather have, you know, a top-10 prospect at 10.

it is a pretty old thread but he's projected to go in the 1st round

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, Kizer = EJ. Watson = Tyrod with better worse accuracy and less athleticism.

Fixed it for you.

Hope Watson goes to the Jets.

If Bills are going to take one - they should take Mahomes or Trubisky - preferably Mahommes.

Fixed it for you.

Hope Watson goes to the Jets.

If Bills are going to take one - they should take Mahomes or Trubisky - preferably Mahommes.

There are also some later round qbs that are worth a look at....but if we are talking about "taken high" qbs then yes....either Mahommes or Trubisky

Time for you to go on record, since every guy that's mentioned you apparently want to tear down...who do you like in the draft?

Do you ever....I mean EVER remember a post in which brigade ever had anything of substance to offer? i cant

Time for you to go on record, since every guy that's mentioned you apparently want to tear down...who do you like in the draft?

Give him a year to see. Dak Prescott, Zeke, and Joey Bosa were the guys that he liked last year. Oh yeah, Jordan Howard was his sleeper. Edited by Kirby Jackson

So did EJ

Watson threw for over 400 yards twice against Saban's Alabama defense in Championship games. Stop comparing him to EJ just because he's well spoken, black and talented. I know Clemson's team is off the charts with offensive talent but the same can be said for Alabama's defense. IMO Watson will be almost as good if not better than Tyrod right away, and then the question is if he can get better. At least he's not afraid to throw the ball up on third and short instead of Tyrod running around like an idiot because he doesn't want to throw a pick.

There are also some later round qbs that are worth a look at....but if we are talking about "taken high" qbs then yes....either Mahommes or Trubisky

Do you ever....I mean EVER remember a post in which brigade ever had anything of substance to offer? i cant

He's started some threads that were worthy of discussion

Give him a year to see. Dak Prescott, Zeke, and Joey Bosa were the guys that he liked last year. Oh yeah, Jordan Howard was his sleeper.

We all have our misses, but I do see a post from him claiming that Stanford's Kevin Hogan would "be special"

Watson threw for over 400 yards twice against Saban's Alabama defense in Championship games. Stop comparing him to EJ just because he's well spoken, black and talented. I know Clemson's team is off the charts with offensive talent but the same can be said for Alabama's defense. IMO Watson will be almost as good if not better than Tyrod right away, and then the question is if he can get better. At least he's not afraid to throw the ball up on third and short instead of Tyrod running around like an idiot because he doesn't want to throw a pick.

I dont think it is a race/demeanor thing....I think it is a accuracy thing.

I will say....I dont think Watson and EJ are anything alike.....it seems to me that Watson is willing to sling it where EJ wouldnt force a tight throw

He's started some threads that were worthy of discussion

We all have our misses, but I do see a post from him claiming that Stanford's Kevin Hogan would "be special"

Kevin Hogan is who you put your stamp of approval on? Yikes..

I dont think it is a race/demeanor thing....I think it is a accuracy thing.

I will say....I dont think Watson and EJ are anything alike.....it seems to me that Watson is willing to sling it where EJ wouldnt force a tight throw

Yup, accuracy is definitely a concern.

For those who study these QBs deeply - are Watson's accuracy issues due to footwork or is he just plain inaccurate? Reason I ask is that Dak also had accuracy issues in college when his feet weren't right and he was able to improve this once he got different coaches in NFL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

For those who study these QBs deeply - are Watson's accuracy issues due to footwork or is he just plain inaccurate? Reason I ask is that Dak also had accuracy issues in college when his feet weren't right and he was able to improve this once he got different coaches in NFL.

I'm certainly no scout but it always goes back to footwork and that definitely affects his short to mid range throws. One scout said as long as he dropped back with normal timing, stepped up and delivered, everything was peachy. It was when he got jittery in the pocket where his accuracy went downhill. Obviously that can possibly be fixed with work and coaching. What's troubling is that his deep ball is fairly inaccurate and I don't think that's a footwork issue.

I'm certainly no scout but it always goes back to footwork and that definitely affects his short to mid range throws. One scout said as long as he dropped back with normal timing, stepped up and delivered, everything was peachy. It was when he got jittery in the pocket where his accuracy went downhill. Obviously that can possibly be fixed with work and coaching. What's troubling is that his deep ball is fairly inaccurate and I don't think that's a footwork issue.

Sounds like a round 2 type prospect

So basically the bills have met with every realistic choice at qb

anybody think they are NOT taking a qb at some point in this draft?

Still not sure. Could all be smoke.

I just hope whatever decision they make is the right one. If they take a guy early, please let him be great. If they pass on a guy - please let him not be great - unless we got a better one.