Them guys.....youse guys.....they guys

HelloNewman

Context could make this feel better. I want a guy who can pick football players. Period. Having said that, I'm usually the editor freak in the crowd and have to hold myself back.

I agree. Russ should not be allowed to make our draft picks anymore.

Context could make this feel better. I want a guy who can pick football players. Period. Having said that, I'm usually the editor freak in the crowd and have to hold myself back.

"The process basically is, we're going to sit down with every position coach and the coordinator and the head coach, and they're going to have time to look at the guys on our roster right now, be them free agents, be them restricted free agents, and be them guys that are under contract," Whaley said "What we want to have them do is explain their vision of the player in their system that they're going to run. So that's the process. Then we go from there and assign a value."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/01/senior_bowl_2017_what_buffalo_bills_gm_doug_whaley_said_about_tyrod_taylor.html

Doomed! The nitpicking is reaching levels of hilarity not thought possible.

Edited by What a Tuel

"The process basically is, we're going to sit down with every position coach and the coordinator and the head coach, and they're going to have time to look at the guys on our roster right now, be them free agents, be them restricted free agents, and be them guys that are under contract," Whaley said "What we want to have them do is explain their vision of the player in their system that they're going to run. So that's the process. Then we go from there and assign a value."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/01/senior_bowl_2017_what_buffalo_bills_gm_doug_whaley_said_about_tyrod_taylor.html

Doomed! The nitpicking is reaching levels of hilarity not thought possible.

While the word choice is poor, the process sounds valid. Doug sometimes tries to sound more eloquent than he is and stumbles over idioms.

Put together a championship roster and you can communicate with crayons and sandskrit for all I care

Swap a "y" for an "m' and no one blinks. And who typed it? I don't care. The guy finds football players. I don't care if his native tongue is pig Latin or gullah! Go get PLAYERS!

The scouting department finds players; Whaley's job description is supposed to go much deeper than that.

As a big picture/architect/team builder, he's horrible.

The scouting department finds players; Whaley's job description is supposed to go much deeper than that.

As a big picture/architect/team builder, he's horrible.

There is some truth to the architect and team builder point but it is hard when your commission keeps changing every two years.

The musical chairs at Head Coach has not helped Whaley's team building efforts look coherent.