Rapoport: Hints that Bills Are Likely to Keep Tyrod Taylor

I liked Vic his first run in Buffalo. I never thought he was at the Larry Felser level but he was still reasonably good.

Something happened to Vic in Cleveland. He's been kind of useless and Sully-esque since his return. It's surprising how little real inside information the BN beat writers actually have. So they report that the Bills have really buttoned down instead of reporting that they've failed to develop sources at OBD.

Think it was actually in his spell as a national guy for NFL.com. I think he became a bit obsessed with headlines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Vic his first run in Buffalo. I never thought he was at the Larry Felser level but he was still reasonably good.

Something happened to Vic in Cleveland. He's been kind of useless and Sully-esque since his return. It's surprising how little real inside information the BN beat writers actually have. So they report that the Bills have really buttoned down instead of reporting that they've failed to develop sources at OBD.

Vic absolutely has sources at OBD.

2-23: IAN RAPOPORT ON WGR (8:35)

NFL Insider @RapSheet joins the show next! Hear the latest from him on Tyrod Taylor and the rest of the NFL.

Rapoport- "Taylor is not going to take a pay cut. We know that. Everything else to me is pretty up in the air."

Rapoport- "I think there are a lot of outcomes. Putting it all together it just seems farfetched to me that he won't be back in 2017."

Rapoport- "To more likely is a restructure of his contract. Help the cap number, make it a little more palatable."

One thing that isn't being mentioned is that the decision might not be simply keep him/cut him, it might be a series of options in which retaining Taylor isn't the first. Maybe they're going to see what other QBs make it to FA, legitimately come available via trade and even see which teams drafting above 10 fill their QB need early in FA before 3/11.

One thing that isn't being mentioned is that the decision might not be simply keep him/cut him, it might be a series of options in which retaining Taylor isn't the first. Maybe they're going to see what other QBs make it to FA, legitimately come available via trade and even see which teams drafting above 10 fill their QB need early in FA before 3/11.

I think this is exactly right. My suspicion is the DW and OBD have already provisionally decided to keep TT if no better options present themselves. But they're in no hurry to make a final decision and keep answering the phone and reading the news to see what might develop.

Simultaneously, they might be negotiating with TT's agent for a restructure.

This honestly, is the smart thing to do.

I had to reread it ask it took me off guard.

I bolded the bit i thought very insightful on your part.

Honestly not used to to thinking that way with the Bills. I was just thinking also , i never considered them all that intelligent.

Each of your points is the smart way to manage this matter

well done Barley

I think this is exactly right. My suspicion is the DW and OBD have already provisionally decided to keep TT if no better options present themselves. But they're in no hurry to make a final decision and keep answering the phone and reading the news to see what might develop.

Simultaneously, they might be negotiating with TT's agent for a restructure.

This is probably the case, restructure in process which can be vetoed if something else comes up.

@AdamBenigni

Take 2: @viccarucci joins for thoughts on Tyrod Taylor and where things stand with #Bills @Wgrz @TBNSports

https://t.co/cURUJsWa5s

We've read them saying that a re-negotiation is possible, but that it can't pay Tyrod less, that Tyrod is willing to make adjustments to make the cap numbers easier for the Bills.

The problem with this is that the cap numbers aren't the problem. The guarantee is the problem, and the front-loaded nature of the contract. And making the cap numbers easier to bear right now would only be making the contract even more front-loaded.

If they do re-negotiate in this way, it seems to me it will have been a way to make OBD look tough without actually taking any stand whatsoever. They could say they weren't going to bring him in without a re-negotiation, but then the new contract will be as tough or tougher for the Bills than the old one.

Yeah, and those old guard sources are slowly but surely being shown the door.

Vic is really, really out of touch -- his take on TO and the HOF confirmed it.

A buddy at work was saying how different the Info (leaks , leads ) coming from OBD is these days.

I am pretty impressed with whomever clamped the lid down. I will congratulate El Pegula first though!