Early SB Vegas Line: Pats -3

Rico

I would take NE -3 all day.

Matt Ryan, Quinn and those guys are not used to the big stage. They won't fold but against Brady and the Belicheck D, and their big game experience... It's gonna be a Pats win.

You do realize this is Quinn's 3 Super Bowl in 4 years?

Quinn is 4-1 in Super games or playoff games with a bye.

Belichik is 13-3.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect a close game where a few critical calls go the Patriots way.

Only way it is not a close game is if either team gets a case of the drops or fumblitis from being on the big stage. The only other way I see a blownout is if Atlanta comes out over hyped and just lays an egg for the first quarter. (They be down by 14 or more by then.)

Like in 2007 when Eli was called in the grasp or that the helmet catch was not a catch.. because of holding?

Please, Holding? Like the Pats o line does on nearly every play but are rarely called for? And the helmet catch was clearly a catch. In the grasp hasn't been a common call in the NFL in about 15 -20 years. They give QBs a chance to make plays now and changed the rule a long time ago to only call if QBs safety is in danger. Almost never called anymore for any team. Good try though. The Pats are a great team but they get an awful lot of help from the Officials. I've never seen a team so incensed by flags not being thrown on the opponent virtually every time they fail to catch a pass. Then conversely throw a fit when the Officials have the audacity to actually call a penalty on them as the Patriots. It's borderline unwatchable to anyone not in New England area.

Please, Holding? Like the Pats o line does on nearly every play but are rarely called for? And the helmet catch was clearly a catch. In the grasp hasn't been a common call in the NFL in about 15 -20 years. They give QBs a chance to make plays now and changed the rule a long time ago to only call if QBs safety is in danger. Almost never called anymore for any team. Good try though. The Pats are a great team but they get an awful lot of help from the Officials. I've never seen a team so incensed by flags not being thrown on the opponent virtually every time they fail to catch a pass. Then conversely throw a fit when the Officials have the audacity to actually call a penalty on them as the Patriots. It's borderline unwatchable to anyone not in New England area.

I knew unneeded put an emoji in.. I was being tongue and cheek.. trying show how they don't get every little ticky tack call. (And there is holding on every play pretty much in the NFL)

And you never seen a team so upset by a flag not being thrown? Really?i have usually by Manning and other great QBs because they are use to getting them.

Atlanta has the feel to me of the Saints when they won the SB. Just a couple big plays, good timing and clock management and they can win the game! Same with New York Football Giants over the Pats**

Saints comparison IMO better as their D is NOT GOOD. Where the Giants D was scary good and very good depending on the year.

The game could literally come down to who has the ball last wins.

Money flow to date is 68% Pats, 32% Falcons..no real line movement yet.

Bovada has the Moneyline down to +125 on the Falcons....damnit!!! So moneyflow all on the Pats, but the moneyline on the Falcons moves down...hmmmmm

Love all the flow on the Pats as I am usually a contrarian better, now I am pissed did not place the moneyline wager at 135.

Still have some time for movement though..will continue to wait and see

Bovada has the Moneyline down to +125 on the Falcons....damnit!!! So moneyflow all on the Pats, but the moneyline on the Falcons moves down...hmmmmm

Love all the flow on the Pats as I am usually a contrarian better, now I am pissed did not place the moneyline wager at 135.

If I bet this game at all it will be Falcons on the moneyline.

They had Brandon Lang on the earlier, he is a Vegas guy, they brought him on to explain the exact scenario that you outlined. According to him the lack of movement on the line is due to Vegas being paranoid about a bunch of money coming in once that line goes to 3.5. He does expect it to move but because of the beating Vegas has taken to start the year they have been trying to hold it. The favorites rolled so far in the playoffs and he said this was the biggest beating they have taken to start a year.

Not sure I liked his explanation or even believe it, the Bills fans in me wants to believe they are leaving it so low to entice more money into that sucker bet!

If I bet this game at all it will be Falcons on the moneyline.

If you believe in the Falcons you would get better odds to prop bet it down to ATL-3. Then you could make some real money. The ML is only like 125 I think? Haven't checked it today.

If you believe in the Falcons you would get better odds to prop bet it down to ATL-3. Then you could make some real money. The ML is only like 125 I think? Haven't checked it today.

Interesting idea. I may do that.

Edit: on 5dimes the prop for ATL-3 is +195

Edited by eball

They had Brandon Lang on the earlier, he is a Vegas guy, they brought him on to explain the exact scenario that you outlined. According to him the lack of movement on the line is due to Vegas being paranoid about a bunch of money coming in once that line goes to 3.5. He does expect it to move but because of the beating Vegas has taken to start the year they have been trying to hold it. The favorites rolled so far in the playoffs and he said this was the biggest beating they have taken to start a year.

That actually makes sense . They do get crushed when favorites win, as the public always bets the favorites and the books like to shade the public.

So, If the books power numbers tell them it's an outright Falcons win , they want all the money coming in on the Pats so they can have a big day and make up for the rest of the playoffs.

But man, it's a ballsy risk.

Bovada saved me $100. Went to join, realized I had an account long ago, so I had to call and get it re-activated. Then when I went to make a deposit, there system wasn't taking deposits, without calling in, so I said screw it. I would have bet on Atlanta to win, and taken the under.

Bovada saved me $100. Went to join, realized I had an account long ago, so I had to call and get it re-activated. Then when I went to make a deposit, there system wasn't taking deposits, without calling in, so I said screw it. I would have bet on Atlanta to win, and taken the under.

wish they would have shut me out too!!!!!! :doh: