Your 2017 QB will be.... Jay Cutler.

FireChan

There is zero chance of Cutler coming to Buffalo. Too old, too fragile, turnover machine, terrible in the locker room and his best days as a player are in the rear view mirror. Someone will over pay for him though in this QB starved league.

The leadership of the Bills is simply way too smart to make this mistake. :unsure:

^^^^^agreed. Not even a topic.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with any of this. It's all true.

However, it used to be fairly normal for QB's to have a down year.

Three times in eleven seasons Jim Kelly didn't manage to throw more TD's than interceptions........and that doesn't include the season he lead the NFL in interceptions.

Playing QB is so much easier now that perspective on such a season is much different than it was then.

However, it used to be fairly normal for QB's to have a down year.

Three times in eleven seasons Jim Kelly didn't manage to throw more TD's than interceptions........and that doesn't include the season he lead the NFL in interceptions.

Playing QB is so much easier now that perspective on such a season is much different than it was then.

He was a 3rd year player during that "down year," which followed his prior season in which he threw 17 TDs and 16 INTs. Again the Chargers thinking he wasn't the guy and drafting Rivers was wholly appropriate. But that's the beauty of hindsight.

I expect a deal to be done or a pursuit of Cutty as an FA if he's cut this offeseason. Why?

Kromer Connection - NIXED Now why would we let go of an OL coach who performed admirably with his unit this year, if not to clear the way because he was somehow an obstacle? Kromer's resume dictated a very serious consideration of retaining him.

Dennison Medicine - Look at this man's track record with Cutler. Put him in the Pro Bowl with the #2 offense in the NFL in 2008. Along with these quotes:

Cutler was not shy in his praise for Dennison earlier in the week on his radio show, saying (h/t Chicago Sun-Times): One of the best coaches I’ve been around. Very dedicated, extremely hard worker. Takes it very personally. I think he’s gifted in his game-­planning.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1482046-chicago-bears-is-rick-dennison-the-perfect-candidate-to-help-jay-cutler

I mean, can't you just feel the Cutty fever?

In reality, it makes perfect sense. Cutty ain't commanding a big long term salary anymore. Perfect vet stop gap while we draft/develop guys with none of the TT long term baggage.

You're welcome.

Blow up the coaching staff. Dumpster dive a new QB. Ah, yes, repeat after me: "three-more-years... three more years,,, three more...years "

of suck. now you are welcome, sir. is is golf season yet?

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

In reality, it makes perfect sense. Cutty ain't commanding a big long term salary anymore. Perfect vet stop gap while we draft/develop guys with none of the TT long term baggage.

You're welcome.

The team that trades for him is on the hook for $15M. Why wouldn't I keep Tyrod.

The team that trades for him is on the hook for $15M. Why wouldn't I keep Tyrod.

To have the chance to resurrect his career with and through playing for Dennison may result in Cutler being willing to restructure his contract to friendlier terms. Once Cutler left Denver he never had much of an OL, we do. In addition to us having a strong running game will only make him more effective. Dennison runs a zone blocking scheme. That allows better play action plays to unfold. Cutler can sling it, he just needs to play within the game plan, no more, no less. Here's what I believe what Cutler brings to the table:

1. Hopefully a better contract.

2. Experience.

3. He can make ALL the throws.

4. A bridge to our next QB, whether that be Cardale or a future draft pick (Watson?).

5. More than a game manager.

6. Redemption, not only for himself but more importantly for this franchise.

7. He gives us more flexibility in this year's draft.

To have the chance to resurrect his career with and through playing for Dennison may result in Cutler being willing to restructure his contract to friendlier terms. Once Cutler left Denver he never had much of an OL, we do. In addition to us having a strong running game will only make him more effective. Dennison runs a zone blocking scheme. That allows better play action plays to unfold. Cutler can sling it, he just needs to play within the game plan, no more, no less. Here's what I believe what Cutler brings to the table:

1. Hopefully a better contract.

2. Experience.

3. He can make ALL the throws.

4. A bridge to our next QB, whether that be Cardale or a future draft pick (Watson?).

5. More than a game manager.

6. Redemption, not only for himself but more importantly for this franchise.

7. He gives us more flexibility in this year's draft.

The negativity with Cutler far outweighs the positives.