2017 Team by Team Salary Cap Tracker

papazoid

News flash they are not winning next year.

Go get your QB in draft and get s cheap vet that does exactly what TT does

Bobby we love you but you honestly have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Taylor. Stop looking at the passing stats and look at the whole offense. Bills are last in passing yards because they are also last in passing attempts! (https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game)

They have Brady listed as receiving $1M salary ($14M cap hit), which is ridiculous. Gronk plays for $7M. It's pretty sick.

Part of it is if you're winning, players want to stay with a winner. But a lot of it is NE has a stable system for a long time and can trade off expensive "star" players for extra draft picks, so they can take extra shots on goal at drafting replacements while making their salary cap hits someone else's problem.

Brady's deal is the definition of kicking the cap hit down the road. He has 2 massive cap hits compared to this year and next in his age 40 and 41 seasons.

Brady's deal is the definition of kicking the cap hit down the road. He has 2 massive cap hits compared to this year and next in his age 40 and 41 seasons.

I guess. $22m for each of those seasons.

If he maintained that average across the whole deal it's 4th in the league for average value. Having that as the spike is pretty manageable as qb contracts go

I guess. $22m for each of those seasons.

If he maintained that average across the whole deal it's 4th in the league for average value. Having that as the spike is pretty manageable as qb contracts go

Especially when you have the best in the business.

NE has bigger cap space than losing teams and IS in a major media market? Damn Kraft's making tons of money over there. That's how you manage a team. That's the very definition of having your cake and it too. He's living the friggin dream. I hope he's paying Belicheat a good cut of the cap space money Belicheat is saving him.

One day the devil will come to collect his soul then all the awkward dancing will be over

• 3 weeks later...

Patriots in great salary cap shape heading into 2017

The Patriots have to feel particularly good about where they stand compared to the rest of their division: The Dolphins have $29 million in cap space, the Bills have $27 million and the Jets are $7 million over the cap

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/08/patriots-in-great-salary-cap-shape-heading-into-2017/

Patriots in great salary cap shape heading into 2017

The Patriots have to feel particularly good about where they stand compared to the rest of their division: The Dolphins have $29 million in cap space, the Bills have $27 million and the Jets are $7 million over the cap

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/08/patriots-in-great-salary-cap-shape-heading-into-2017/

They're losing fewer players than us... but they have to pay some impact guys. Hightower, sheard, long, Bennett, Branch, blount, and ryan are all UFA. Vollmer is probably gone too. Thats 7 starters... I know they like to plug and play --- see trading collins and chandler jones. But I think they'll hang on to at least a few of them.

Butler is also a RFA - so not sure how they'll handle that situation.

The Pats are pretty good at the salary cap thing :(

I don't think many players give many teams 'discounts.' But I do think some players will play for the Pats for less money than they could get elsewhere. I think players want to win, want to play in Super Bowls, want to see what it's like playing for Belichick. The Pats have built up a tradition of success and now that tradition reinforces itself by giving them a competitive advantage in recruiting and retaining FAs.

Interesting that four teams in the Conference finals (Packers, Falcons, Steelers & Patriots) have the lowest numbers spent of defense, but all have pretty decent QB's. The Bills need to keep drafting QB's until the get it right.

I don't think many players give many teams 'discounts.' But I do think some players will play for the Pats for less money than they could get elsewhere. I think players want to win, want to play in Super Bowls, want to see what it's like playing for Belichick. The Pats have built up a tradition of success and now that tradition reinforces itself by giving them a competitive advantage in recruiting and retaining FAs.

On this topic, I read an interesting article the other day from MMQB in which the author spoke to agents about dealing with the Pats, and how the team has been able to acquire players at a reduced cost. Here is the article: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/27/nfl-new-england-patriots-roster-building-bill-belichick-super-bowl-51

Perhaps even more interesting (and extremely shady) were the details about how Brady may be circumventing the salary cap by way of receiving money through his business, TB12. The MMQB article links to an article from the Boston Globe in Dec 2015 (https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html) which provides a lot of information about Brady and his relationship with the co-owner of TB12, Alex Guerrero, who seems like a real scumbag (and has faced federal sanctions for all sorts of false advertising, deception, and deceit). The Globe article also details how unusual it is (per expert sports and labor law Professors) for an NFL team to employ a private company in which one of the active players is an owner. This is some seriously shady stuff, but doesn't surprise me.