Eric Berry

Nope. Too much to the cap and limited years.

Nothing that special on the UFA list for safety though. Hooker or Adams at 10 if available.

I agree but thought I would put it out there. There are three safeties and a couple DB worth a top 10 pick. Ideally there is a run on QBs early and the Bills can drop down 5 or 7 spots

Really, where did you hear that?

they had him signed last year but the issue was to get the contract insured the insurance company wanted a 2.5 mil up front premium. the chiefs wanted him to pay it and he wanted the chiefs to pay it. so he stayed on the tag. perhaps a year later cancer free the premium could be lower and maybe they get a deal done.

I'll take Antoine Bethea--vet that can do everything McDermott likes from his safeties, and--since he'll be a cap casualty--won't cost against us in the comp pick formula

Are the Niners really up against the cap? Is he expected to be cut? Are the Niners feeling that deep at safety? Seems like next coach would want some veteran stability back there.......and if Gus Bradley goes there......well that system NEEDS quality at safety.

Are the Niners really up against the cap? Is he expected to be cut? Are the Niners feeling that deep at safety? Seems like next coach would want some veteran stability back there.......and if Gus Bradley goes there......well that system NEEDS quality at safety.

I don't know about cap space, but I know that they really like both Eric Reid (who will be up for a new deal next year) and Jaquiski Tartt, plus they have Jimmie Ward (who plays safety against base sets and nickel corner against small sets).

I thought it was more or less a forgone conclusion that he'd be cut, but I suppose they could keep him.

Edited by thebandit27

I don't know about cap space, but I know that they really like both Eric Reid (who will be up for a new deal next year) and Jaquiski Tartt, plus they have Jimmie Ward (who plays safety against base sets and nickel corner against small sets).

I thought it was more or less a forgone conclusion that he'd be cut, but I suppose they could keep him.

Just curious about their depth. I can't bring myself to watch the Niners. How they handled prosperity disgusts me.

A vet like Bethea seems exactly like the kinda' pickup that Carolina would get........not sure how I feel about emulating Carolina much........if they hadn't gotten Cam Newton then Ron Rivera would be an assistant LB coach, IMO. :thumbsup:

Just curious about their depth. I can't bring myself to watch the Niners. How they handled prosperity disgusts me.

A vet like Bethea seems exactly like the kinda' pickup that Carolina would get........not sure how I feel about emulating Carolina much........if they hadn't gotten Cam Newton then Ron Rivera would be an assistant LB coach, IMO. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's a Carolina type move.

I think it'd be a good fit as a value signing. I would hope that it wasn't our "main" move at the position.

Personally, I really want a Budda Baker type in the draft if he slips.

They shafted Berry this past off season, didn't they? Would not surprise me to see him become available.

Ball is still in the Chiefs court. The Chiefs can tag him again, if necessary. Berry is 28; Poe is 26. If you look at the Chiefs' roster (specifically DL), Poe is expendable. The Chiefs have plenty of young talent with Chris Jones, Nunez-Roches, and Allen Bailey on that DL. And this isn't even addressing Poe's up and down play compared to Berry's All-Pro play. Under no scenario will the Chiefs keep Poe and let Berry walk.

Cyprien from JAX had quietly a solid season, Berry and Cyprien graded out the same on PFF and he could be had for much cheaper.

I would let Gilmore walk and sign Cyprien and Captain Munnerlyn to shore up the secondary. I dont think Adams or Hooker will be there at 10, but it will give up the option to trade down if Watson is off the board to someone like Arizona or Cleveland so they cant draft Kizer and we can scoop up a 2nd round pick.

I would love those 2 signings, draft Corey Davis WR, then grab a CB and a LB or OL with the extra pick.

• 3 weeks later...