New LB coach Bob Babich and the LB crew

YoloinOhio

Ragland to me doesnt look big at all. Look at pics of him. Theres not much there to slim down.

He's too slow to play the mike in either McDermott's 4-3 or Frazier's Tampa 2. Minnesota played Henderson at the mike when Frazier was the head coach and it was a disaster Vikings finished last in the NFL on defense in points allowed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's too slow to play the mike in either McDermott's 4-3 or Frazier's Tampa 2. Minnesota played Henderson at the mike when Frazier was the head coach and it was a disaster Vikings finished last in the NFL on defense in points allowed.

Im not arguing about his speed or lack thereof, im simply stating that Ragland is not a huge guy. Hes on the taller side for a LB. but hes not a physical specimen with his size. Compare Ragland to Brandon Spikes for example. Just look at their pics. Spikes was a player that had room to slim down, Ragland doesnt carry excess weight looks like.

So asking Ragland to slim down doesnt seem viable IMO.

Im not arguing about his speed or lack thereof, im simply stating that Ragland is not a huge guy. Hes on the taller side for a LB. but hes not a physical specimen with his size. Compare Ragland to Brandon Spikes for example. Just look at their pics. Spikes was a player that had room to slim down, Ragland doesnt carry excess weight looks like.

The thing is I love Ragland as a player. He will be a fan favorite as he has high IQ and just decks people. I just hate how many resources we poured into the position.

The thing is I love Ragland as a player. He will be a fan favorite as he has high IQ and just decks people. I just hate how many resources we poured into the position.

That's more than necessary to play LB. We will be more than fine with Preston Brown, Ragland and (hopefully) Zach Brown. Actually, we should be more worried with the depth behind Hughes and Lawson. This D will need defensive ends.

God its gonna suck for some on this board when Ragland comes in and is actually good.

You cannot coach instincts.....Ragland will be fine

Agreed. He is smarter and more athletic than I think most give him credit for. Should be good 4-3 mike. Preston Brown on the other hand...depth at SLB I guess.

I want a QB.

Yeah, there is that. But I don't want a QB at 10 if they don't think the QB will be an impact pro. They could take a QB with their 2nd round or the 3rd round pick, doesn't have to be a first. Also, a lot depends on what they do with Tyrod; keep him, let him walk or if they trade for a guy before the draft, etc. But Foster in McD's defense is Kuechly-esque if he fulfills his potential.

Yeah, there is that. But I don't want a QB at 10 if they don't think the QB will be an impact pro. They could take a QB with their 2nd round or the 3rd round pick, doesn't have to be a first. Also, a lot depends on what they do with Tyrod; keep him, let him walk or if they trade for a guy before the draft, etc. But Foster in McD's defense is Kuechly-esque if he fulfills his potential.

Agreed. No need to waste a top ten pick on a player that doesn't have top ten value. This draft is loaded. I would prefer to drop back multiple times and grab Mahomes, some safeties and WR's.

wouldnt alexander play strong side if resigned? And ragland or p brown dont fit the middle? Brown played there as a rookie and had his best year

Ragland or PBrown should work at MLB. and i could see one of them getting some reps outside against the run or heavier sets. Z brown really needs to be retained along with Alexander. I am not down with drafting for a starting LB.

Alexander Sam

Ragland Mike

Zack Wil

Preston can be depth player and draft a guy but not in 1st rd

this. Keep in mind Hughes is pretty mobile when dropping or playing a short zone pass defense. I think we are stacked. IF we retain ZB and LA !!

All of those guys have brothers? Interesting but not sure how useful.

You absolutely win the internets today My Friend!

How do you mean " how many resources" ?

I think Ragland was a very good pick. for the reasons you mentioned

Kuechlyesque are some mighty big shoes to fill.

would be looking at safeties in the first fou :w00t: r rounds

Ragland or PBrown should work at MLB. and i could see one of them getting some reps outside against the run or heavier sets. Z brown really needs to be retained along with Alexander. I am not down with drafting for a starting LB.

this. Keep in mind Hughes is pretty mobile when dropping or playing a short zone pass defense. I think we are stacked. IF we retain ZB and LA !!

You absolutely win the internets today My Friend!

How do you mean " how many resources" ?

I think Ragland was a very good pick. for the reasons you mentioned

The Bills traded 2 picks to move up for Ragland as well as spent the pick on him. So three draft picks for a linebacker with limited range.

I really think this was about saving Rex's D as he needed a high IQ player at every level and Ragland would be like another coach on the field.

The Bills traded 2 picks to move up for Ragland as well as spent the pick on him. So three draft picks for a linebacker with limited range.

I really think this was about saving Rex's D as he needed a high IQ player at every level and Ragland would be like another coach on the field.

they definitely had a laser on Reggie, i think they wizzed themselves when he dropped into the second round. and they were not going to let him go any further.

But i get your point.

But it was no Sammy Watkins rogue-esque

Agreed. No need to waste a top ten pick on a player that doesn't have top ten value. This draft is loaded. I would prefer to drop back multiple times and grab Mahomes, some safeties and WR's.

I like Watson. Tired of hearing he is Taylor 2.0. Mahomes is my second favorite, however, so I would be happy with your plan.

Edited by Dr. Who