Offensive Coordinator candidates

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPN's Rich Cimini believes the Chiefs would block the Jets from interviewing Matt Nagy for their vacancy at offensive coordinator.

The same happened when the Jets tried to interview Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo earlier this month. Nagy is currently sharing OC duties with Brad Childress but could have that role to himself if Childress leaves this offseason. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Childress is a leading candidate for the Bills' vacancy at offensive coordinator. The Jets interviewed Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville last week but he opted to stay in Denver. Obviously the Jets' open coordinator position isn't drawing much interest around the league. Jan. 15 - 11:37 am et
Source: ESPN.com

SPN's Rich Cimini believes the Chiefs would block the Jets from interviewing Matt Nagy for their vacancy at offensive coordinator.[/size]

The same happened when the Jets tried to interview Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo earlier this month. Nagy is currently sharing OC duties with Brad Childress but could have that role to himself if Childress leaves this offseason. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Childress is a leading candidate for the Bills' vacancy at offensive coordinator. The Jets interviewed Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville last week but he opted to stay in Denver. Obviously the Jets' open coordinator position isn't drawing much interest around the league. Jan. 15 - 11:37 am et [/size]Source: [/size]ESPN.com

From Cimini that is anything but a legitimate report. He's just making a conjecture. No real reporting.

From Cimini that is anything but a legitimate report. He's just making a conjecture. No real reporting.

Valid point, but it would make sense. If the Chiefs are going to lose Childress or Nagy, I'm sure they would rather lose Childress..and they aren't going to let both go, so one is going to have to be blocked.

Not yet but I'm assuming since he's so smart that this is exactly what his list looks like.

He's known for being meticulous and detail oriented, so I'm sure he's got a wide range of people to select from. It's been a pretty tight lid on who's under consideration thus far.

To each their own but to me she's mediocre. Eyes are too far apart, resembling a fish.

pros-Stephanie-Turner.jpg

Is that Laura Ingalls?

Why is it that when I think about Little House on the Prarie - I get the theme song from The Waltons stuck in my head?

I wonder if McDermott gives Chris Palmer an interview for the vacant OC position.

I know the report is that Kromer was released from his contract, which of course was due to Castillo getting the job. But I wonder if there is a consideration to hire a Kromer as OC and keep Chris Palmer in his position, and run a variation of the offense the players are familiar with. Which of course includes Tyrod. Kromer could do what Lynn did, meaning work from a solid framework and playbook already established and tweak it to his and his head coaches wants.

I know the report is that Kromer was released from his contract, which of course was due to Castillo getting the job. But I wonder if there is a consideration to hire a Kromer as OC and keep Chris Palmer in his position, and run a variation of the offense the players are familiar with. Which of course includes Tyrod. Kromer could do what Lynn did, meaning work from a solid framework and playbook already established and tweak it to his and his head coaches wants.

I would think they would have kept Kromer under contract if he was under any consideration at all: http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/index.html