Analyst rates Tyrod ahead of Cousins

Just Googled Joe Flacco. That's it, I didn't add anything to it. Here is the 2nd result.

He has to play, but there can be no more excuses. It's not as if his performance just dropped off this season. He wasn't very good in 2015, either. Flacco played in 10 games that year before he suffered a season-ending knee injury. He completed 266 of 413 passes for 2,791 yards and 14 touchdowns. He also had 12 interceptions and finished with a quarterback rating of 83.1.

This season Flacco finished with 4,317 passing yards by completing 436 of 672 passes, but he also threw 15 interceptions and had mechanical and accuracy problems. Bisciotti thought Flacco's difficulties were related to the injury. When the offensive line got hit by injuries early in the season, Flacco got rid of the ball too quickly.

They need to criticize Flacco for poor footwork and pocket awareness. They need to demand patience going through his progressions instead of throwing to his check-down guys so quickly.

His footwork as been an issue (obviously the knee gonns make it worse, notice i didnt mention footwork though) still better than TT though.

Pocket Presence is tied to this writer because upset he checks down more than he thinks he should. I take that over rolling away from ghost pressure and into pressure though

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't seem to agree on what's a catch, so I won't even try to guess what constitutes a "drop". As PTR pointed out, just how do we account for WR's running wide open and never noticed? TT has a lot of that, but don't think he's the only one. There are just so many factors..... You either like 'em or you don't and you can find the numbers to support it (at least on the surface). I don't see a better option, so I'm all for Tyrod.

I'd trade Taylor for Flacco in a nanosecond.

Down year for Flacco for sure with Terrance West (browns castoff as rb1).

Give him McCoy and our rushing game and he would dissect the league.

Yep we have a MUCH better version of Ray Rice

So if Tyrod is better than Flacco, why did he never unseat Flacco as the starter in Baltimore? For that matter why was there never even a QB competition either?

I have to believe Harbaugh wants the best 11 on the field, right?

Edited by old school

So if Tyrod is better than Flacco, why did he never unseat Flacco as the starter in Baltimore? For that matter why was there never even a QB competition either?

No no he is better otherwise we cant get him near 15

Same reason Flacco beat him week 1. He's not any good.

Flacco was better than TT. If you read the original post I stated that he is living off his reputation from the SB a few years ago. Flacco has been bad the last 2 years. Look to RG3 and Cousins for a perfect example of why there was no competition. You don't draft a guy in the first round to sit him for your 6th rounder and up until this year I wouldn't have said TT is better than Flacco. Maybe it is the knee injury, maybe it is something else but he sucks bad now.

No no he is better otherwise we cant get him near 15

I gave you all the way to 21. Where would you rank your solution Brian Hoyer?

Same reason Flacco beat him week 1. He's not any good.

Yeah Flacco beat TT that is exactly how the NFL works. Flacco's mighty 13 points :bag:

Flacco was better than TT. If you read the original post I stated that he is living off his reputation from the SB a few years ago. Flacco has been bad the last 2 years. Look to RG3 and Cousins for a perfect example of why there was no competition. You don't draft a guy in the first round to sit him for your 6th rounder and up until this year I wouldn't have said TT is better than Flacco. Maybe it is the knee injury, maybe it is something else but he sucks bad now.

I gave you all the way to 21. Where would you rank your solution Brian Hoyer?

Yeah Flacco beat TT that is exactly how the NFL works. Flacco's mighty 13 points :bag:

My Solution isnt drafted yet and i have been very standard with that Edited by MAJBobby

My Solution isnt drafted yet and i have been very standard with that

I don't want to go digging but I do remember you saying that Hoyer was your option and drafting someone.

You don't strike me as someone that would be happy with regression from the starting QB position. I think TT outperformed both highly drafted QBs from this last year. So can I get Majbobby to go on record saying his preferred course of action is KEEPING TT and drafting a qb?

He's the better passer and with 2 minutes left down 7 and the ball at my own 20 I'd rather have Flacco.

But he's generally less effective in the NFL right now.

He's also reached a plateau in his career........he can probably stay there for longer than Tyrod will be able to maintain his multi-faceted game......but that only matters if you see Tyrod as a 5-7 year option which I don't think many people believe.

Flacco plays to the level of the competition. He can look really good against the Steelers and not so hot against scrub teams other than the Browns.

I don't want to go digging but I do remember you saying that Hoyer was your option and drafting someone.

You don't strike me as someone that would be happy with regression from the starting QB position. I think TT outperformed both highly drafted QBs from this last year. So can I get Majbobby to go on record saying his preferred course of action is KEEPING TT and drafting a qb?

My preferred course of action

Keep TT on a restructured deal freeing me of the 2018 guarantees. Draft a QB early (names to come as i dig into them more).

Option 2 yes if i cant get out from the 2018 guarantees is sign a vet like Hoyer at 1/3rd the cap and draft a QB early.

And for the record i have been pretty consistent on that.

Edited by MAJBobby

Flacco plays to the level of the competition. He can look really good against the Steelers and not so hot against scrub teams other than the Browns.

Yeah even just in the games that he's played the Bills you could see a clearly different player than the guy that we usually see in Pittsburgh matchups.

But at this point he could actually just be getting worse too.

I am hoping that Big Ben doesn't continue to look bad and the Steelers can somehow keep the Pats out of the SB but he's starting to look like an old man too.

Flacco, Ben and Eli might want to take a little vacation to David Ortiz place in Dominican Republic this winter.

Reading comprehension is a really good life skill...

So, to be clear, you would argue that Flacco was a more effective QB this year than Tyrod?

Nowhere did I say he was a better QB. Nowhere did I imply the Ravens should have jettisoned Flacco for Tyrod. Look at this year's numbers. Tyrod was the more effective QB hands down and it shows in our offensive production.

Reading comprehension is a really good life skill...

Nowhere did I say he was a better QB. Nowhere did I imply the Ravens should have jettisoned Flacco for Tyrod. Look at this year's numbers. Tyrod was the more effective QB hands down and it shows in our offensive production.

Maybe you should try it, wasn't responding to your post, chief!

Maybe you should try it, wasn't responding to your post, chief!

Tough to comprehend something that isn't written. You made a statement about something a few people in this thread, including myself, have discussed, Flacco. Perhaps quoting would help remove confusion in the future if you don't intend to include everyone in your blanket statements and condescending questions.

Tough to comprehend something that isn't written. You made a statement about something a few people in this thread, including myself, have discussed, Flacco. Perhaps quoting would help remove confusion in the future if you don't intend to include everyone in your blanket statements and condescending questions.

Don't just assume things and jump to conclusions.

You calling others condescending is fresh. Whatever chief.

I read The Economist from time to time. You'll find better coverage and analysis of world news there than on most other sites.

I'm more than mildly surprised to see they did an article on Tyrod. I'm not surprised they brought up Game Theory.

If the Bills retain him - and had always intended to retain him - I don't think any of the perceived drama really matters.