The Writing Is On The Wall for The Gilly Lock

FireChan

Well he ain't no J. Norman or what Revis use to be even though he may think so. I think another team will think he is & he will follow the money but will wind up like Byrd just another over paid average CB !!

Sure he has his good games but he also has those :doh: games too !!

Well he ain't no J. Norman or what Revis use to be even though he may think so. I think another team will think he is & he will follow the money but will wind up like Byrd just another over paid average CB !!

No offense intended here...

- Byrd is a safety

- Norman and Revis had horrible games as well (Norman got embarrassed by Julio more than once, and who could forget the lessons Stevie Johnson taught Revis)

Not much of what you're saying here makes sense.

While Gilmore is no Revis he is also no Byrd. So team will offer big money and get a real good corner who will play for many years.

A couple of thoughts:

Gilmore is very talented, and I had defended him prior to this past year.

I was extremely disappointed in Gilmore this past year. It had everything to do with effort and attitude (presumably stemming from not wanting to get hurt) than with his ability.

$14 million question: Can we trust the guy once he is paid or is tagged? Or, are we going to see a repeat of a guy who makes little effort to tackle or make a play and who would rather slow down to look over at another teammate rather than chase a guy heading toward the end zone?

While Gilmore is no Revis he is also no Byrd. So team will offer big money and get a real good corner who will play for many years.

Yes, the Bills are a farm team for others.......there is a price at which Gilmore is not a good deal for the Bills....Whaley got it right wrt Byrd....lets hope he gets it right for Gilmore.

A couple of thoughts:

Gilmore is very talented, and I had defended him prior to this past year.

I was extremely disappointed in Gilmore this past year. It had everything to do with effort and attitude (presumably stemming from not wanting to get hurt) than with his ability.

$14 million question: Can we trust the guy once he is paid or is tagged? Or, are we going to see a repeat of a guy who makes little effort to tackle or make a play and who would rather slow down to look over at another teammate rather than chase a guy heading toward the end zone?

If we tag or pay him I think the new coaching staff would have to hold him accountable. If they do I bet we will not see a repeat. If they act like Rex, that is what you see.

Um....NO?! You were horrific this year. Shut up.

PLEASE for the love of GOD don't bring him back next year...AWFUL!

Completely wrong.

2 TDs allowed all season, and a passer rating against of 67.7

If that's awful, then I'll take awful all day long, and so would 32 NFL head coaches.

If we tag or pay him I think the new coaching staff would have to hold him accountable. If they do I bet we will not see a repeat. If they act like Rex, that is what you see.

My fear is that, once he gets his $$$, there will be no leverage and no way to (in your words) "hold him accountable."

He has to want to put in the effort, tackle, and not look to blame teammates rather than chase after a guy running toward the end zone.

The guy is a very, very good player (although I am not sure he is worth the money he reportedly wants) and I would love him at his best . . . I just do not know . . . .