IF Whaley Drafts a QB:Kizer vs Watson vs Trubisky vs Mahomes

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Some have Watson higher. but I would not trust Waltersfootball in their grading

In the context of this thread. Yes. I would take the 2nd best QB at two.

Trubinksy is gone No1.

the reality is I would rather stay at 10 and take Mahomes. But the thread forced me to trade up to two.

I don't believe Trubisky is going number one. Lets let him get through the combine and pro day first. Once that's done he'll be picked apart enough to make 13 games started give GM's/owners pause.

I like Watson a lot though. At 10? If they let Tyrod walk I can see that. I could also see Kizer. To me, if they take QB at 10 he is starting and they used the savings from letting Tyrod walk to build the team in FA around whomever they draft.

I would prefer they keep Tyrod though, trade down a bit and pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd and draft a QB that way.

Edited by purple haze

Bucky Brooks Verified account ‏@BuckyBrooks

Nice back-shoulder throw by Watson.

Andre Reed ‏@Andre_Reed83 4m4 minutes ago

@BuckyBrooks What do you see DeSaun Watsons pro potential upside is?

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 3m3 minutes ago

Bucky Brooks Retweeted Andre Reed

He's a really good player. I don't know if he can carry a pro team on his back, but he can win with a strong supporting cast..

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 3m3 minutes ago

Bucky Brooks Retweeted Andre Reed

He normally plays well in big games, so I don't think the NFL will be too big for him. He just needs to go to the right team/scheme

Sounds like TT no?

yep. A lot more info to look at when bisky and watson go through the combine and pro-days.

God yes. Who are afceastbros though ? They ever been right about anything ?

I seen the Trubisky highights MFer is nice!! The one season starter thing is kinda iffy tho. You know Id rather keep Tyrod and build around him instead of reaching for a QB (never works out well for Buf ie: EJ or Losman) but if we do It should be Tru or Watty.

Trubisky, Adams, Hooker, or Watson. Whomever is available in that order. I'll take Corey Davis or Mike Williams after that. Lots of potential with these guys.

This in exact order. Depending on what they do with TT. Really want a solid starting Safety wit AWill one hit away from retirement and Graham ready to take on the mentor role

Doesnt matter which QB he takes...Whaley would be fired before the kid left the podium for trading up for a QB that is absolutely not worth a trade up in a weak QB class. If we trade up it better NOT be for a QB in this draft. It would be the biggest over pay for a player since the Saints gave their entire draft for Ricky Williams.

The ONLY time you spend what it would take to move from 10 to 2, is for an ELITE prospect. There isnt even a single prospect that you can even identify as the best QB in this class. There isnt a single QB anyone can look at and say is even a certain top 10 pick, let alone #2 overall.

You don't EVER trade up in the top 10, especially all the way to #2, for a player who isnt a certain blue chip prospect at their position and the clear BEST at their position. Sure, once the draft is over where you are drafted means nothing and its put up or shut up on the field...so any player could prove worthy. But on draft night, where you have to give up VALUABLE assets to get a kid, you better believe that kid is Elite and very special to spend what it will take to get up to #2. And there is NO QB in this class worthy of that.

Doesnt matter which QB he takes...Whaley would be fired before the kid left the podium for trading up for a QB that is absolutely not worth a trade up in a weak QB class. If we trade up it better NOT be for a QB in this draft. It would be the biggest over pay for a player since the Saints gave their entire draft for Ricky Williams.

The ONLY time you spend what it would take to move from 10 to 2, is for an ELITE prospect. There isnt even a single prospect that you can even identify as the best QB in this class. There isnt a single QB anyone can look at and say is even a certain top 10 pick, let alone #2 overall.

You don't EVER trade up in the top 10, especially all the way to #2, for a player who isnt a certain blue chip prospect at their position and the clear BEST at their position. Sure, once the draft is over where you are drafted means nothing and its put up or shut up on the field...so any player could prove worthy. But on draft night, where you have to give up VALUABLE assets to get a kid, you better believe that kid is Elite and very special to spend what it will take to get up to #2. And there is NO QB in this class worthy of that.

Tru Wat Mahomes > Taylor.

Nice try tho.

Tru Wat Mahomes > Taylor.

Nice try tho.

Is that english?

And any GM in football who trades up to the #2 spot in this draft to take Mahomes will both be the laughing stock of the NFL, fired, and probably never get another GM job again. This thread is about trading up to #2 for one of these QB's. Doing that for Mahomes would be about as dumb as Al Davis taking DHB in the top 10.

Good for you. I'd rather lock in Money Mitch and never have to watch a half assed qb struggle to get 189 yards passing

I responded to your disagreement about the OC being more responsible for the passing stat in "TT vs the media". Check it out. The media has it out for TT and evidently you're buying into it. He's no HOF'er but he is solid. If you bother to look at the stats you would see that. Instead you want to use a 1 for a QB with 1 year under his belt. Money Mitch could very easily turn out to be a reincarnation of the last Money man, whom I believe is still available.

I responded to your disagreement about the OC being more responsible for the passing stat in "TT vs the media". Check it out. The media has it out for TT and evidently you're buying into it. He's no HOF'er but he is solid. If you bother to look at the stats you would see that. Instead you want to use a 1 for a QB with 1 year under his belt. Money Mitch could very easily turn out to be a reincarnation of the last Money man, whom I believe is still available.

Fair enough but I'm still not buying it.

He didn't belong on the field vs Oakland/Pitt/Pats2/Ravens games. He's had some solid games and he has also looks as lost as any qb ever has some games. I don't trust him and want to move on for sure.

That Ricky Williams ordeal :sick:

I can't understand this comparison. Mahomes can make every throw in the book. If anything he's a Tyrod that can throw. That to me is an all pro QB.

Mahomes wishes he had Tyrods running ability. :lol::lol: also see response below.

Is that english?

And any GM in football who trades up to the #2 spot in this draft to take Mahomes will both be the laughing stock of the NFL, fired, and probably never get another GM job again. This thread is about trading up to #2 for one of these QB's. Doing that for Mahomes would be about as dumb as Al Davis taking DHB in the top 10.

this. Mahomes is not a top 15 pick with that back leg wiggling around like a wacky wavable inflatable tube man.

If he goes in the 1st its cuz of the leagues dire need for a QB

i say trade up to the 2 spot, trade away your 2018 1st and get a speedy RB. the Bills need a speedy RB to complement Tyrod's style. if you have two speedy RBs and Tyrod back there you can get back to back #1 rushing titles. and those banners don't bleed.

Stay at 10 and draft McAfree. It would also be a good defensive move keeping him away from Patsies***.

If I am trading up to 2. I am taking.....

Trubinksy or Watson (whichever is left).

I like Mahomes at 10 as well

i say trade up to the 2 spot, trade away your 2018 1st and get a speedy RB. the Bills need a speedy RB to complement Tyrod's style. if you have two speedy RBs and Tyrod back there you can get back to back #1 rushing titles. and those banners don't bleed.

trade down

Trading up is not our forte .. .i.e. -- Watkins ... none of these QB's is a trade up from 10 candidate ... looks at the history of top 10 qb busts ... let's not jeopardize future drafts by moving up .... if nothing as Papazoid says .. .look at the teams that trade down .. .typically they are the ones in the playoffs ... where was all the Dak Prescott hype in the first round last year .... where was the Russell Wilson 1st round hype when he got drafted .... none existed ... I know all we have to look forward to at this stage is draft day ... but don't drink the QB kool aid. I.E. --- see the LA Rams and Goff and what they gave up.

well damn. i completely 4got i started this thread. :oops:

"What a Nashole" -Jericho

I changed my mind. Instead of moving down, I say we move up to 2 and draft Dalton Parks - punter from Tulsa. I would have said we should draft Sam Loy from Vanderbilt but he is only a freshman. SUPERBOWL!

If that were true, where do i sign

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2017-nfl-mock-drafts-profiles-video-clips-highlights-steelers-analysis-breakdowns-news/2017/1/30/14260584/2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report-patrick-mahomes-ii-the-double-edged-sword

"That said, there are moments where Mahomes flashes that hes more than a system QB. Mahomes, for one, has absolutely stupid arm talent, as he can actually toss the football 65 -yards from his knees.

"Its not just arm talent that caught my eye though. For a guy with such a big arm, he throws with some nice touch and ball placement. I, for one, was very surprised with the control he shows of his offense, often looking like a field general, barking out orders and making some sort of adjustment. What really surprised me though was his really absurd accuracy. It actually doesnt make sense when you watch his feet"

"Another area Mahomes impressed me was how he had great flashes of being able to look off safeties and make tight windowed throws with anticipation. A big aspect for me with QBs is they need a quick release so the delivery doesnt take too long, which allows the throw to be out on time, and Mahomes has it. Of course, I cant forget to mention just how much of a magician he can be with his improvisation as a play breaks down. Its almost Farve or Roethlisberger-esque".

Edited by Ryan L Billz