Rob Quinn on Trubisky replacing Tyrod

indeed, his inexperience is a risk. He has 2 more starts than Cardale. But, it's just one of many factors.

2 more starts and 5 more losses against some questionable competition. Yes, I know w/l is a team thing, but 8-5 (6-5 in FBS competition) in his only year starting isn't exactly impressive

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 more starts and 5 more losses against some questionable competition. Yes, I know w/l is a team thing, but 8-5 (6-5 in FBS competition) in his only year starting isn't exactly impressive

If we get Trubisky he better come with Switzer as a package deal! Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Switzer will go in the 4-6 range, I just don't know if we'd take him.

Im a big fan, obviously. He's one whose success will depend entirely on which team takes him and how they use him. I would love to see him with Green Bay, for example. Though he's on Belichik's 2017 bucket list, no doubt.

Im a big fan, obviously. He's one whose success will depend entirely on which team takes him and how they use him. I would love to see him with Green Bay, for example. Though he's on Belichik's 2017 bucket list, no doubt.

Cowboys could bust out the Switzer Beasley tandem ftw.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I agree. Trubisky's middling record as a starter (against weak competition) is a huge red flag for a supposed first round guy. I can't think of a single quality QB in the league right now who did not win big at the college level. Newton, Mariota, Winston, Wilson, Cousins, etc. Even Tyrod. Rodgers and Prescott won a lot of games for schools that had not had a lot of previous success and played very tough conferences.

I agree. Trubisky's middling record as a starter (against weak competition) is a huge red flag for a supposed first round guy. I can't think of a single quality QB in the league right now who did not win big at the college level. Newton, Mariota, Winston, Wilson, Cousins, etc. Even Tyrod. Rodgers and Prescott won a lot of games for schools that had not had a lot of previous success and played very tough conferences.

I don't usually get too involved in college scouting discussions, but since I'm a Tar Heel fan I see most of their games. Carolina lost three of their last four games this season -- two of them tight rivalry games against Duke and NC State. If you don't understand how W-L records and stats go out the window in college rivalry games, I can't help you. The other loss was two points in the bowl game against Stanford. Before that, Trubisky was 7-2 with the two losses coming in his first game as a starter and in a monsoon. The Carolina defense was pretty much inept all season and their running game was inconsistent. Trubisky also lost the team's best "traditional" WR early in the season.

If you look solely at the W-L record and "level of opponent" I think you're missing the bigger picture with Trubisky.

I don't usually get too involved in college scouting discussions, but since I'm a Tar Heel fan I see most of their games. Carolina lost three of their last four games this season -- two of them tight rivalry games against Duke and NC State. If you don't understand how W-L records and stats go out the window in college rivalry games, I can't help you. The other loss was two points in the bowl game against Stanford. Before that, Trubisky was 7-2 with the two losses coming in his first game as a starter and in a monsoon. The Carolina defense was pretty much inept all season and their running game was inconsistent. Trubisky also lost the team's best "traditional" WR early in the season.

If you look solely at the W-L record and "level of opponent" I think you're missing the bigger picture with Trubisky.

Thanks. Once again, you're making a lot of sense.

Idk, some of these "draftniks" have him as 4th qb

He probably wanted to appeal to all those Tyrod fanboys out there like yourself who still don't get it

Or you could have looked up and see I already posted that. Good job parrot ! Lol

Ad hominem attacks don't improve the logic of your argument.

And they don't improve the enjoyment some of us feel visiting this board and sharing our hopes and disappointments with like-minded fans.

Is it really so difficult to be both nice and respectful with this brotherhood (and sisterhood) of fellow Bills supporters?

A QB post from a guy that once said he'd be OK with Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Matt Barkley, and Tyler Wilson. LOL

A QB post from a guy that defended EJ Manuel and thought he was a good QB but bashes Tyrod. I guess you thought that EJ was a better QB than Tyrod? LOL

Don't quit your day job.

Was it fun spending 6.5 hours on Valentine's Day at looking at every post I ever wrote ?

Tyrod stinks at passing and Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson aren't scared to pass the ball. Time to make the logical decision.

Get emotional. It won't matter. You can still root for Taylor as he goes 6-10 with the browns next year.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I get it. You're an EJ fanboy. Move on now. LOL

EJ isnt pertinent, kinda like you and the LOL posts.

Goodnight Stan. Sorry Cam won an MVP and the Bills don't want to pay the guy who got pantsed by Tanny and Fitz. It's a rough one.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

8-5 for Trubisky (61%)

1998 9-4

1999 7-5

2000 8-4

Total 24- 13 (64%)

Those were the college records for a QB who had a reasonably good NFL career, Drew Brees.

Wins are great things, but they are a team stat.

Kirk Cousins won 70% at Michigan State

It's hard to tell which games Aaron Rodgers started but in his two years at Cal when he started almost all the games they went 8-6 and 11-3.

Bet I could find more if I kept looking. Carson Palmer, probably. Roethlisberger, probably.

Not that I'm rooting for them to take Trubisky. i don't really have an opinion there. But win-loss is a team stat.

Edited by Thurman#1