The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

17 hours ago, Hedge said:

Well, I don't think anyone should be shocked at this point. I'm guessing that one major reason the Queen fired him so fast was that they knew more 'friends' of Andrew were going to start getting busted.

Ummm methinks Dershowitz is never getting back on the cocktail circuit. 

More on the story:

</snip>

Q: But let me just ask you — you said that George Soros asked Barack Obama to have his Justice Department investigate somebody?

Dershowitz: We’re — that’s going to come out in a lawsuit in the near future. Yeah

Q: Wow, well, we look forward to hearing more about that new.

Dershowitz: That’s not unusual. That is not unusual. People whisper to presidents all the time. Presidents whisper to [the] Justice Department all the time. It’s very common. It’s wrong, whoever does it, but it’s common, and we shouldn’t think that it’s unique to any particular president. I have in my possession the actual 302 form [an FBI record of an interview], which documents this issue, and it will, at the right time, come out. But I’m not free to disclose it now because it’s a case that’s not yet been filed.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I have to say here that while Weinstein is a dirtbag of Hollywoodian proportions, no one involved in this walks out with their hands clean.  The defense team marketed the $$$$ out of this trial, the prosecution did the same, the victims have to balance accusations and what appears to be consenual activity, the seedy underbelly of the casting couch phenomenon is an issue, now you have a member of the jury reading and reviewing books dealing with predatory behavior.  What a cluster$#!$. 

I don't think he walks simply because, well, he sure looks the part of a predator, but I would not be surprised in the least if he did. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The defense attorney should have known better than to publish her op-ed before deliberations.

Sometimes it's just best to shut your mouth and not draw any undue attention to yourself. Like a golf clap in an opposing stadium when your team does something good. Better yet just do a Tony Podesta.

56 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The defense attorney should have known better than to publish her op-ed before deliberations.

In theory, Koko for Cocoa Puffs, is the jury supposed to avoid media/TV etc?  (I'm referring of course to the writ of Habeas Corpus vis a vis Notice of Appeal and Declaratory Injunctions.  Per se and to wit.)