Billsdaily guy is losing his ****

Virgil

I'm not sure if the guy who runs Billsdaily is a poster on here or not, and this is not a slight at him. But he's just losing it after the Whaley press conference. I've never seen so many exclamation points in his daily summaries. He isn't too happy on twitter either.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but people like him and the media just are not happy with the FO.

I'm not sure if the guy who runs Billsdaily is a poster on here or not, and this is not a slight at him. But he's just losing it after the Whaley press conference. I've never seen so many exclamation points in his daily summaries. He isn't too happy on twitter either.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but people like him and the media just are not happy with the FO.

Maybe be such jerks to the organization is not the best way to do business.

your gonna defend the bills right

What is there to defend. They were not happy with the coach so they fired him .

We are not use to pro active owners. If this were jerry jones or george Steinbrenner it would bbe normal

Whaley is showing the dysfunction of the franchise

there is no dysfunction

The owner fired a coach. Happens all the time.

Steve Saslow, the man who runs Bills Daily, has been a Bills fan for a long time, and has ran that site for almost 20 years. To have to create content on a nearly daily basis for a team that had its last playoff appearance the first season he began the site has to be a side-job that I would not want to do. All of us have been Bills fans for some time now, but have endured various levels of disgust at player aquisition/retention, coach/gm hiring and firing, and countless on field embarrassing performances. He has gotten to bat and updated the site after every one of them, sometimes with a positive outlook, and sometimes with disgust for what the current team has done, to embarrass/outrage us as fans. This Whaley press conference certainly takes a top 5 instance for crap being flung and either having the top of the organization being wildly incompetent, or flat out liars.

Personally, I like the human element Steve brings to the site when big news like this happens. It is not the black and white corporate Bills talking points, and it is not the sometimes wild, inflammatory, over-reactionary tone that TBD sometimes gets during these occurrences, but is done in an appropriate manner.

Steve Saslow, the man who runs Bills Daily, has been a Bills fan for a long time, and has ran that site for almost 20 years. To have to create content on a nearly daily basis for a team that had its last playoff appearance the first season he began the site has to be a side-job that I would not want to do. All of us have been Bills fans for some time now, but have endured various levels of disgust at player aquisition/retention, coach/gm hiring and firing, and countless on field embarrassing performances. He has gotten to bat and updated the site after every one of them, sometimes with a positive outlook, and sometimes with disgust for what the current team has done, to embarrass/outrage us as fans. This Whaley press conference certainly takes a top 5 instance for crap being flung and either having the top of the organization being wildly incompetent, or flat out liars.

Personally, I like the human element Steve brings to the site when big news like this happens. It is not the black and white corporate Bills talking points, and it is not the sometimes wild, inflammatory, over-reactionary tone that TBD sometimes gets during these occurrences, but is done in an appropriate manner.

Thanks for the update. I really enjoy his site.

Did DW not really know or is he just speaking what is technically correct. More than likely he and TP discussed firing Rex at year end unless they won out, so technically no decision was made yet. They get eliminated on X-Mas Eve, likely everyone takes off for the holiday as nothing is urgent anymore. They have their phone call on Tuesday Rex asks to speak privately with TP, they do and TP fires him. He probably does know why he was fired based on prior discussions, but last Tuesday once TP told him he fired Rex he didn't ask why that day. So technically was correct in what he stated and the company line was to not air any more dirty laundry than they absolutely need to.

The problem on this board and everywhere is that everyone feels it's their god given right to be told everything. Howe many times do you see rumors swirling that a company is going to have a layoff, so you ask the boss. He tells you know he doesn't know anything about it, and two days later there's a layoff.

Same here DW likely knew much more than he said, from what I've seen in the past even on good days, he's not the best speaker, but was told to keep as much under wraps. Granted, if that was their plan, they should have come up with a better story to tell, but part of that problem may fall back on DW not being too good of a speaker to sell a story. They should have sent Kim out there as neither DW or TP are good at speaking where as she's a natural at it. (believe she wasn't a communications major for nothing)

Did DW not really know or is he just speaking what is technically correct. More than likely he and TP discussed firing Rex at year end unless they won out, so technically no decision was made yet. They get eliminated on X-Mas Eve, likely everyone takes off for the holiday as nothing is urgent anymore. They have their phone call on Tuesday Rex asks to speak privately with TP, they do and TP fires him. He probably does know why he was fired based on prior discussions, but last Tuesday once TP told him he fired Rex he didn't ask why that day. So technically was correct in what he stated and the company line was to not air any more dirty laundry than they absolutely need to.

The problem on this board and everywhere is that everyone feels it's their god given right to be told everything. Howe many times do you see rumors swirling that a company is going to have a layoff, so you ask the boss. He tells you know he doesn't know anything about it, and two days later there's a layoff.

Same here DW likely knew much more than he said, from what I've seen in the past even on good days, he's not the best speaker, but was told to keep as much under wraps. Granted, if that was their plan, they should have come up with a better story to tell, but part of that problem may fall back on DW not being too good of a speaker to sell a story. They should have sent Kim out there as neither DW or TP are good at speaking where as she's a natural at it. (believe she wasn't a communications major for nothing)

Seems to me Whaley had no need to ask why Rex was fired because he already knew. It was pretty obvious.

the local media are acting like spoiled children. .

Pretty much my take...I could care less with how well they talk to the media or appease them or anything else...all I want to see is for them to win. The media can go suck it as far as I'm concerned...maybe they should watch how John Wawrow gets all the good interview and stories...being and acting professional goes a long way.