[OT] have any of you had a jerk for a

njsue

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday her & I had a shouting match in the hall way

254683[/snapback]

Yeah, you're gonna wanna go ahead and never do that. How unprofessional can you be?

I've had a boss who I absolutly couldn't STAND to even look at. This is while i was in high school and i was working in retail. I HATED her. But i would never THINK to have a "Shouting match" with her in front of other people. It came down to a meeting with her in her office, just her and I and I told her how I felt.

Anyway, add a shouting match with a superior at work with taking monday off, and I have a weird feeling you'll have alot more time to be posting on TBD.

Yeah, you're gonna wanna go ahead and never do that. How unprofessional can you be?

I've had a boss who I absolutly couldn't STAND to even look at. This is while i was in high school and i was working in retail. I HATED her. But i would never THINK to have a "Shouting match" with her in front of other people. It came down to a meeting with her in her office, just her and I and I told her how I felt.

Anyway, add a shouting match with a superior at work with taking monday off, and I have a weird feeling you'll have alot more time to be posting on TBD.

254779[/snapback]

I agree. You never question them in front of the other employees. If you have an issue, you talk to them privately to get it resolved.

I agree. You never question them in front of the other employees. If you have an issue, you talk to them privately to get it resolved.

254782[/snapback]

Exactly. You never get into it in a public place and even when you do it in private, you don't yell unless you plan on packing your desk and walking out the door.

You're lucky you have a job to take a day off from on Monday.

She probably would have been gone Friday if that weren't the case.

254789[/snapback]

If she was perceived as an immediate menace then maybe. If she is seen more as disagreeable or a monkey wrench in the program, then company may want to be more thorough when preparing to terminate.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to eliminate even the worse malcontent given the spectre of a lawsuit.

If she was perceived as an immediate menace then maybe. If she is seen more as disagreeable or a monkey wrench in the program, then company may want to be more thorough when preparing to terminate.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to eliminate even the worse malcontent given the spectre of a lawsuit.

254805[/snapback]

Good response. A good manager never fires someone without a plan, even if they catch them doing something untoward.

Just a general observation....Isn't this the kind of thing that belongs in a blog?

254717[/snapback]

I would think so. This thread screams LAMP to me.

Side note, if your manager assigns you work, you do it. If you refuse, that's grounds for being fired.

The only boss I've ever engaged in shouting matches with was one who I got along well with and we both knew it would be forgotten 5 minutes later. Only yell at bosses you get along with.

Sorry Sue, but if I had never met you, I'd swear you were Travis Henry (or Drew Bledsoe) venting.

I don't pretend to know the whole story here, but it's even harder to fire a good worker when the rest of the crew isn't pulling their weight and the issues that are becoming a problem said good worker PERTAIN to that. You're not only risking a lawsuit, but a serious drop in productivity. And given this manager's ineptitude at hiring workers (she probably thought the guy was cute for all we know), firing njsue at ANY time would be stupid. But for her sake, I hope she finds a new job and leaves before there are more problems.

Sue, call your HR generalist on Monday. Air your grievance with them and find out what the policies of your company are regarding being asigned to "do other people's work."

Have you had a recent performance review by your manager? If so, there might be some clues in what she said that could give you an idea if she thinks you're a team player or not.

Perhaps the HR person could give advice on how to handle your particular situation. That might include posting to a different department if there are openings available.

Good luck. I've worked for plenty of jerks in my day. After awhile it gets very tiring lifting them to the heights they want to achieve.