What We Learned

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really holding out hope for EJ but he looked pretty bad today. EJ & CJ made TT look good. Also looks like we need to leave Lynn up in the box and keep him off of the sidelines. Still like the idea of bringing Schwartz in as HC and keeping Lynn as OC. It appears that Lynn should prove himself a little more at OC before we go putting him into the HC position.

Time to start focusing on the draft.

Go Bills.

You mean, based on today's sample? That's silly. I doubt any QB alive would have done much better in that sh-t-show. What did you expect?

I think that your blind defense of Jones is as irrational as those of us (including me) that said that EJ just needed more time.

I look at Jones as a QB with a phenomenal arm, but no idea what he is doing. I think that EJ tried very hard to learn what he needed to do, but was undone by his inability to learn how to throw accurately. I wanted EJ to succeed, but clearly he can't throw accurately unless his feet are completely set.

When I look at Jones, I see a guy who didn't buy-in to learning how to play QB in college, but who can make an occasional great play with his arm - certainly some of that is an innate skill beyond just having a strong arm.

I think Jones is a 3rd string QB with great physical tools and some innate ability to make plays, but a questionable work-ethic and significant lack of experience coming from college.

I'd keep Jones and hope that I win the lottery, but in no universe do I consider rolling into next season counting on him to be the starter, unless my aim is to get the #1 pick in the 2018 NFL draft.